• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
T
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Cool. That sounds like a fun draft.

I'm probably going to tone down Wanderer somehow...either make it an Animar Creature-aggro deck (akin to Ruric/Xenagod), or an Intet control deck.
    So...I made someone quit EDH on thursday. We were hanging out at the shop and this new guy walks in wanting to play EDH. So 5 of us sit down. I bring out Maelstrom Wanderer, and shuffle it up. It was the first time I'd played it, so I had no idea how degenerate it could be. I ended up using Maelstrom Wanderer several times due to bounce effects. And then I was able to bring out Prophet of Kruphix...which was simply degenerate. I got a lot of activations off it.

And then I dropped Cyclonic Rift. I said I'm done and left to go test Standard (with everyone else but that new guy laughing), thinking the table would just continue one without me. But he was like "yeah, I'm not coming here again, and left."
    No, I don't think so. You just have to use the acquireboard and use the option to sync it with your trade folder.
    Man...now I really want to play Kiki-Pod or Tarmo-Twin. I'm only missing 3 Splinter Twin, 4 Serum Visions, and 1 Spellskite from Tarmo-Twin.

But 2 Fire-Lit Thickets, 3 Grove of the Burnwillows, 3 Wall of Roots, 2 Noble Hierarch, 1 Kiki-Jiki, 1 Spellskite, 1 Glen Elendra Archmage, 3 Chord of Calling, 1 Birthing Pod, 1 Avalanche Riders, and 1 Shatterstorm from Kiki-Pod...bah.
    I actually did pretty well in trades (looking at the last, combined list)

I traded ~$76 in Standard Value for ~$79 in Modern Value (other than Jace, everything is going to go up or keep even for a long time).
    Oh, so I went over my pulls again:

I pulled a kiora ($25), Mogis ($15), Spirit of the Labyrinth foil ($30), and Temple of Enlightenment ($12). Those were the notable $ pulls, at least. Not bad for a $10 entry fee.

I also did quite a bit of trading:

----------
    3x Boros Reckoners and 1x Purphoros
    for
    2x Thassa, 3x Anger of the Gods, 1x Jace AOT
    ----------

----------
    2x Thassa, 3x Master of Waves
    for
    2x Promo Scavenging Ooze, 1x Courser of Kruphix, 1x Overgrown Tomb, 1x Sacred Foundry
    ----------
    It looks like I didn't do all that great in trades, but all, or most of my trades will be very good in the long term. Especially with Modern.

I essentially traded.

----------
    3x Boros Reckoner, 1x Purphoros, and 3x Master of Waves
    for
    3x Anger, 1x Jace AOT, 2x Ooze, 1x Courser, 1x Tomb, 1x Foundry
    ----------
    On top of that, of the 30 people who attended, 9 of us were from the shop by me. And 4 of those 9 made top 8. And 3 of those 4 made Top 4.
    Yeah. This was my level up weekend for magic. First at FNM, and an intentional 2nd at the GPT.
    Yeah. Because we were the last two, I decided to drop, and my friend gave me the majority of the packs. So instead of him getting 24 packs and the Bye (and me getting just 12), I got 20 packs, and then he got 16 packs and the bye. I pulled a Kiora, Mogis, foil Spirit of hte Labyrinth, and Temple of Enlightenment. So ~55-60 bucks in prize $, not including the bulk rares and slightly-more-than-bulk rares. I had a lot of fun. Went 2-0 in all my rounds except the monoblue match in Top 4. That was rough at first. But once I hit more removal I was so happy.
    So we had ~30 people at the GPT. I came in second, intentionally dropping to my friend in the finals since I can't go to the GP in Cincinnati. Didn't lose a match. And I only lost a single game the whole day. My Top 4 G1 against Mono-Blue. But Games 2 and 3 were so much better. It was all removal on my end. His field was like...2 mutavaults and a thassa. Mine was Reapers, Polukranos, and a Domri Emblem.
    Trying to decide whether or not to do a GPT tomorrow. Won't be able to make it to the GP in Cincinnati...or anywhere else for that matter. But I could use the EV points, I guess.
    Found a Naya Aggro type deck the other day that seemed just your speed. AND, it's already in Cockatrice format.

4 Soldier of the Pantheon
    4 Dryad Militant
    4 Voice of Resurgence
    4 Fleecemane Lion
    4 Boros Reckoner
    4 Loxodon Smiter
    4 Ghor-Clan Rampager
    4 Brave the Elements
    2 Boros Charm
    4 Selesnya Charm
    4 Temple of Plenty
    3 Temple of Abandon
    1 Temple of Triumph
    4 Temple Garden
    4 Sacred Foundry
    4 Stomping Ground
    2 Plains
    SB: 2 Unflinching Courage
    SB: 4 Skylasher
    SB: 4 Mizzium Mortars
    SB: 1 Boros Charm
    SB: 1 Last Breath
    SB: 1 Mistcutter Hydra
    SB: 2 Xenagos, the Reveler
    Yeah. I was invited to go with some friends to GP Cincinnati on March 22. It's a Standard GP. I was really tempted. But we'd have to leave the 21st. Which is Medical Residency Match Day. And that's a big deal for my fiance. So I'm in full-on support mode that weekend.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…