• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
T
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, this is my current theorized Naya build...knowing nothing else about JOU

----------
    4 Elvish Mystic
    4 Sylvan Caryatid
    3 Courser of Kruphix
    2 Brimaz, King of Oreskos
    3 Loxodon Smiter
    2 Polukranos, World Eater
    4 Stormbreath Dragon

2 Domri Rade
    2 Xenagos, the Reveler
    2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
    1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion

4 Sacred Foundry
    4 Temple Garden
    4 Stomping Ground
    4 Temple of Abandon
    4 Temple of Plenty
    4 Temple of Triumph

2 Mizzium Mortars
    3 Chained to the Rocks
    2 Selesnya Charm
    ----------
    yeah, it happens.

As for Ajani. I'm gonna guess that he settles somewhere in the $20 range. Kinda like Chandra, Elspeth, Garruk, and Kiora. I don't think he'll be 35 like Domri, since Domri is in the 3-mana sweet spot.
    So here are my thoughts on the new Ajani, Mentor of Heroes. When I first saw him I was blown away. I felt he was insanely good. Each of his abilities seem quite relevant. You're always going to be able to tick up. Whether you need a creature/planeswalker/aura, or whether you already have a boardstate. And 100 life is 100 life. Gaining life doesn't win you the game, but gaining 100 life makes it VERY hard to lose. Each of those abilities is very powerful individually, and also very powerful in concert. Especially in a vacuum.

That said, the format is incredibly hostile to Green and White. Lifebane Zombie is a real thing, Tidebinder Mage exists. Removal is very good. And investing 5 mana in a planeswalker that can't protect itself seems like a risky maneuver. At 5 he competes with a bunch of different threats. Not so much in GW, but in any GWx strategy. Stormbreath, Obzedat, Blood Baron, Archangel of Thune, etc. This format is rife with 5-drops that threaten to win the game on their own. Ajani does a lot to support your board, but is a bit of a risky investment.

I think he's a very interestingly-designed card. He's one of the only (or the first) cards I know of that let you grab a planeswalker off the top. He's the midpoint between Domri and Garruk, and that's kind of awesome. I think he's really cool, and I'm going to brew with him until I speak fluent nacatl. At this time, however, I've tempered my enthusiasm with cautious optimism.
    It's not that good. It's not a sword, and only does things if someone bothers to enter combat. Removal is so good right now that I hesitate to go all in on a single card/creature and say "yeah, that'll do it." Everyone is running some form of permanent removal. Either Chained to the Rocks, Blade/Price, Dreadbore, Abrupt Decay, Downfall, D-Sphere...and those are main-deck. Some even run things like Destructive Revelry in the main too. And sideboard is even worse. It's a turn 4 equip, so they have lots of time to try and get rid of it or the creature you're trying to equip it to. It's really only good in the creature matches...if you're playing a creature deck.
    Yeah. He's kind of a non-bo with Boros Reckoner though. Prevents all damage. It'll require build to go more removal-heavy. I might also force more people to play Bile blight or Drown in Sorrow again. Just to keep him from being a thing.
    I dunno. Those things are about as cheap as they'll ever get. Trading them away now seems bad juju.

cracking packs is like gambling. RTR has good cards in its lands, deathrite, and some of its mythics. But that's about it. The other 80ish rares are kinda poopy. It'd be more cost-effective to trade up into those things from bulk to get cards you really need. Or just use money to buy the specific cards. I watched a kid trade in his Master of Waves, a Temple of Enlightenment, and some other semi-pricey rares/mythics for a total of 4-5 booster packs. And pull a total of $3 value.
    When are those? And what formats?

I'm almost 100% on Syracuse. A lot will depend on whatever job I end up getting there and whether or not I have weekends free. God I hope so. I've been thinking about going to Worcester, MA in July or the Somerset NJ in August, too.
    yeah. Big tournaments are fun. Once you do your first few they stop being intimidating and then it's all about managing your stamina and brainpower.
    That's good. I was going to go to an IQ with Lowry yesterday, but he called it off and I didn't feel like going alone.
    So I went 2-1 at FNM tonight. Lost my 1st round g3 vs Esper due to my idiot misplay.

So I for 3 prize packs. First two were jank. Some Blum green Rares. My last pack was a foil brimaz and a Xenagod. I ended up trading the foil brimaz for a regular one, an archangel of thune, and a zegana. Not bad for $10 entry.
    I jammed like...20 games today against Boros Burn. That's a tough matchup. You can just die out of nowhere.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…