• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
T
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I guess it looks ok. I'm not totally that ecstatic for it, since there are almost no cards playable in standard or modern, the formats i'm most interested in. It's great if you cube, but that's about it.
    Yeah. That really undercut the significance of Elspeth's sacrifice. One of the many issues I had with the storyline.
    Eh. They made a huge mistake killing both Elspeth and Xenagos. Especially since Elspeth's sacrifice was in vain. It just reads as an insult to the reader. And Xenagos was one of the most refreshing antagonists in years, breaking the mold of "the badguy must be Black-aligned". Honestly, he wasn't even all that bad. He basically called the gods on all their crap. There were a lot of missed opportunities in that second half. Though it was still leaps and bounds better than the Secretist.

As for the Modern deck. I'm gonna pass. You can basically get all the cards in it for around $50. No Fetch land, no bitterblossom, no thoughtseize. The only thing of real modern playability there is Inquisition of Kozilek and Lingering Souls.
    It wasn't bad. Certainly WAY better than the Secretist novellas. It had issues with pacing and structure, but all in all t was one of the better mtg novels I've read in a while.
    I haven't given it much thought. I'll be out of the country for prerelease and release so it's not really an issue for me. :p
    Better mana is always a money thing. Especially in this format where mana isn't perfect like it was last season.
    I think it's a better city of brass. Paying the life is part of the activated mana ability so unlike city of brass, your opponent cannot respond to the ability.

Confluence just makes mana so much smoother.
    :S is that really the right move? That only gives you a few months to play with it in standard once it rotates. I mean...it does see some play in Modern in Pod decks with Spike Feeder though. So it could be a decent investment.
    Yeah...but I don't know what you'd play instead of the Archangels. Ajani is already dropping. You can get him for ~$20 on TCGPlayer
    Yeah. Brad Nelson put up a cool Naya Control list. Bonkers cool.

Creatures (12)

4 Stormbreath Dragon
    4 Sylvan Caryatid
    4 Courser of Kruphix

Planeswalkers (9)

2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes
    3 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
    4 Xenagos, the Reveler

Lands (24)

4 Mountain
    2 Mana Confluence
    4 Sacred Foundry
    4 Stomping Ground
    4 Temple Garden
    4 Temple of Abandon
    2 Temple of Plenty

Spells (15)

4 Banishing Light
    4 Chained to the Rocks
    2 Selesnya Charm
    3 Anger of the Gods
    2 Mizzium Mortars

Sideboard
    3 Archangel of Thune
    3 Mistcutter Hydra
    1 Sylvan Primordial
    2 Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
    2 Chandra, Pyromaster
    1 Anger of the Gods
    2 Glare of Heresy
    1 Mizzium Mortars
    Regarding your GW deck on Tappedout...

Do you realize you're playing Chained to the Rocks without any mountains?
    Dies to Desecration Demon, Lifebane Zombie, and (most importantly) Pack Rat. The last SCG event showcased that.
    Someone on SCG had the same idea with Ajani. But goes heavier into creatures and less Planeswalkers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…