• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Knightfall
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey.

Fortunately, I'm still alive. Unfortunately, I still have the same distractions pinned on me as always. School hasn't failed to drown me on multiple occasions. As the summer finally arrives, I can think about everything clearly except for writing. It's something that I enjoy immensely, and yet my muse can vanish instantly. Considering that it's mainly a psychological block at this point, I suppose I should just power through it. No biggie. Just some slight misfortune/incompetence on my part. I'll be working forward once again.

How are you?
    Hah! You didn't think I would ever do it, but I did! I read and commented on chapters two and three of O:SV
    Lol I thought you might feel like that

I'm really glad you stuck with it. I'll answer any questions you might have so feel free to ask

Thanks buddy
    Been doing good! Remember that story I was planning? Ginger has agreed to beta it! So I'm getting excited on working on it since I can have it at it's best potential.

Aw... Too bad... I had fun making that comic. It felt soooo good to draw again. XD

I can't helo but laugh 'cause you're trying to be concise, and she's gonna do a lecture on it. XD

Well, I like it, but not into it as much as my mom or brother. It's just it rubbed off of me 'cause of her. XP
    Hey Knight! I am here to say:

One, as you probably know, I've joined PMDUnity in dA.

Two, my mom was reading this and it made me think of what you're trying to improve on. XD

And three, you're a fan of Star Wars? o_O
    Ah, alright then. Knowing my luck, the storm outside would interupt it anyways. Goodluck on your writing man.
    My main issue now is where to go from here. *sigh* I thought about it all day, but Im drawing a blank.
    But... I mean, do you recommend anything for that? You can't just vaguely critique something then drop it D: Work with me here, haha.
    It's a working draft; nothing is set yet. But yeah, she is talking to herself. Victoria does that. Whereas Shane has a very vocal inner monologue, Victoria talks to herself a lot.

Cool!
    Victoria continued to weep there on the ground for several minutes until finally she grew quiet. She lifted her head, opened her eyes, and gathered herself off the ground. "No. I'm not going to let this stop me. I will learn to walk and I will find a way to go back to my friends and family, no matter how long it takes!"

She set her determined gaze forward and began to walk. She traveled no more than three steps before she tripped and fell on her side. "Never mind! That's it! I'm done! Forget it. I'm just gonna lie here until I starve to death. Yeah. That works."

An insight to the mind of Victoria.
    EDIT: Only managed 358 words today. Still, thats better than nothing.
    We all need to do that sometimes. :)

Now there's a question: How do Dittio even transform in the first place? I assume there's some Pokemon magic going on, just as most of the Pokemons' attacks are. And if that's the case, then couldn't it be easy to assume that the muscle memory or skill in using that form or any extensions therein would be remarkably easier for the Ditto to grasp than even the Pokemon themselves could. Not to the point that the Ditto would be better, but that it would go from no skill to equal skill. If we assume that the moves they learn in their movesets are new skills they acquire as they practice their abilities, and Ditto is able to copy them at their current moveset, then they could also be considered to copy their target at their current skill level. It's possible that included in "borrowing" the physical form, they could also "borrow" their skill in that and represent it as muscle memory. The user could draw upon that skill for guidance, or if they tried to learn a move, that learning would be applied as instinct (though they'd have to have that skill in mind). That's how I see a Ditto working, otherwise Ditto couldn't function as they actually do function.
    Awesome! I still wrote more yesterday :p

But how do you explain natural born Ditto that can do it instantly? You look at the games, manga, and anime, and all of them don't present this issue that Ditto must adapt to their form before doing their moves & abilities. I'm certainly not going to have the character just start throwing moves around, but he does grasp telekinesis rather quickly. That's all he figures out for his stay as a Kirlia.
    ^_^

Okay, cool. And what about the Pokemon he then turned into via Transform? I assume his body would gift him with the inherent knowledge of their capabilities instantly, as you never see a Ditto having problems with its new forms, even if it's never been that other Pokemon before. I have no idea how this works, but I would assume that Ditto-turned-Kirlia would be able use their new-found Psychic manipulative abilities near instantly. I'm correct in thinking this, right? The reason I bring this up is because you've had a small complaint about how quickly Shane was able to attack in my original version TTL, and in SoD, Dan figures out how to Transform with minutes. It seems rather quick, but it was out of necessity because he couldn't figure out how to walk without legs.
    Only 649 words for today's session, but I finished Dan's section of Chapter 1. I'll start Victoria's section tomorrow.
    As a personal opinion, if someone was turned into a Ditto, how plausible do you think it is that they would figure out Transform rather quickly? We're assuming that Ditto are highly adaptable and thought-driven because of it's ability to gift the user with the knowledge of copied Pokemon instantly. I think it'd be rather likely that with enough will, they could figure it quickly since the body of a Ditto would be very compliant to thought and wouldnt need a lot of muscle training.

Additionally, the person in question still remembers his life as a human, and he knows what a Ditto and roughly how they work (as in, they know they have to see the Pokemon they want to transform into).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…