• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
G

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, it's still good, but I'd say that Capcom, Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Golden Sun have my tastes better. I mean, I've never even played an Ace Attorney game and I love the soundtrack in each one.

The fact that they didn't punish him at all is really shady given that he's won three tournaments in the past. He supposedly claims that he got it from a friend and that he didn't know, but even then it's his responsibility to confirm the legitimacy of the hack.
    People will say the music is incredibly well done, and I can't truthfully say otherwise. That said, I don't like it enough to call it my favorite video game soundtrack.

Can't say I have any idea how it works either. On the topic of VGC, though, I actually heard that someone prominent was found to be using a hacked Pokemon and they didn't punish him for it.
    Well it depends on what you're looking for in a game. Golden Sun wasn't particularly difficult combat-wise, so the puzzles were a perfect complement. But FF games tend to be more difficulty-oriented, so having a ton of puzzles and environment interaction could get cumbersome. Bravely Default definitely more than that many boss fights, I'll say that much. While a fair amount of them can be skipped, you'll actually regret skipping a lot of them (15 of the 24 classes are only obtained in optional boss fights).

I hope he's not too disappointed, there's no reason to not be proud of that. If he's got another chance, he should be planning things out for what he should do at the next tournament.
    That's the thing though, some games are made to focus more on the actual combat and difficulty, and can sometimes be intrusive if there's too much exploration on top of that. Random encounters themselves aren't really a problem for an RPG, though. I'd personally rather have too many bosses than too few. Bravely Default probably contests FF4 for number of boss battles, though a lot of them are optional fights and/or cumulative of earlier ones.

Is 24th good? I know number of entrants varies, but I have no idea.
    Haha, I'll try to! I just get busy or distracted, but yea it definitely has been a while! I've been pretty good myself, just mainly been keeping up in school and stuff. How've you been?
    Well, traditional RPG's and exploration don't always mesh together well. Sometimes it's more about the combat than exploration. I can tell you feel strongly about FF4, but it is worth noting that the DS version got fantastic reviews, so it had to just be a game that really didn't suit your tastes.

Eh, it only feels that way with competitive because the most vocal (and annoying) crowd is always about winning over having fun. There's still plenty of competitive people that do it because they find it fun. But yeah, the way I see anything, it starts looking bad the moment you start to stress out about it.
    I guess there's that, though some RPG's aren't as good on exploration. I know some of the FF games make the dungeons more atmospheric so exploring them isn't as entertaining.

That's understandable, but yeah, I think having fun is more important than winning. As long as he avoids getting to stressed out about winning, he'll probably do better.
    So it's not so much that you think they're better as much as you think you'd like them more. It's not really that bad when the playthrough you watch cuts out some of the random encounters, but having some encounters stops it from being boring with just story and boss battles to watch. I'm more fond of traditional JRPG's than other kinds, even though I haven't played many.

I think that's even more true when it comes to Pokemon. Playing Pokemon and not having fun while doing it is a problem. It is possible to be competitive and have fun at the same time, after all.
    Eh, I don't really think the non-numbered games are really that much better than the numbered ones. Mainly because I've never heard anything particularly good about them (or anything at all about some of them) aside from Final Fantasy Tactics. And I actually played that one and hated it. I've seen a playthrough of 7 and it's definitely really good, but it's not perfect.

Yeah, I think video games are meant to be fun above all else. If you don't have fun, you miss the whole point of playing video games in the first place.
    Eh, I don't know, people love FF6 and FF7, and I know there are circles that love the games before FF10/11. I've only had one friend who talked about non-numbered FF games. I actually got KI:U not too long after release. While the land portions are more fun, I never had a problem with the controls of the flying sections.

Well, even if someone is a competitive person, it is easy to get too competitive. It sounds like he should avoid stressing out too much about losing. It's a lot more enjoyable when you can avoid stressing out about losing, even if it's a battle you think you should have won.
    Yeah, this game is closer to other FF games, it's considered the spiritual successor to the DS exclusive Four Heroes of Light (and was originally going to be a sequel to it). I guess, but I don't know if that's exactly a bad choice on their part as it is something that you outright didn't like.

Oh, well if he's getting caught up with wanting to win, it definitely sounds like he should be rethinking what's most important to him an event like that. I mean, I guess winning is kinda important too, but it's definitely the idea of having fun that should be most important.
    They don't restrict item use like that, especially since you have a party of 4 that can change class whenever. But I'm not kidding, you won't like what this game pulls for a plot device at some point. Because the effect it has on what you have to do is awful.

Well, it always seems worse when somebody you actually know experiences bad luck like that.
    In that case you'll probably like it. There is a plot device the game pulls that will make you hate that part of the game, but the gameplay never fails.

Well I mean, he's definitely not alone there. Everyone runs into that kind of luck at some point, and it's even more crippling at a competitive level.
    It's fantastic gameplay-wise. If that's enough for you, definitely try it. Plot-wise, it's not anything outstanding, but it has its share of good moments and plot-twists.

It doesn't sound like something that interests me much. If it has anything to do with zombies, even less so.

To be fair, that's basically everyone. Right when you're in perfect position to turn things around or win, a random crit or miss will happen.
    Oh what the poop happy belated birthday I didn't even realize your birthday was in june omg im so sorry i would've drawn you a piccture and everything but i'm a baddie and i never log on aeokrsgtdryh;
    I have my games where I like to explore everything. Bravely Default was one of those, being able to change encounter rates at will made that not tedious.

Eh, never played that game so I can't comment on it. I also hate stealth games, they're definitely not my kind of game.

Yeah, that would be awkward, but if he's really that good, I don't think you'll have to worry about feeling bad.
    If I miss any lesser TM's, I'll get back to it later anyway, so I won't mind not having them for awhile.

I don't know, it's always the same, feels like it's never done very well.

I suppose so.
    That's the thing, they usually don't do that with previously existing NPC's, and a lot of the good TM's already have places in Hoenn. The best TM's are typically either from important trainers, stores, or randomly in the routes. NPC's giving you good TM's are usually not in a random building. Those are the kind of NPC's that give you stuff like Attract and Rest, and yes, I know exactly where those two are in RS.

Well, they're always poorly executed anyway, but yeah, zombies are kinda boring.

It is good, but even better to know situations where defying the type chart is better. Weather makes that happen more often than you'd think, though.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…