• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
R
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well, kinda kinda. It's still a far shot away from those two, but your thinking is in the right direction.
    Yeah, I'm still working on a title and naming the main character. I'd like for both of them to have a nice ring to it, and that kind of thing takes time. Dusk's Redemption is just what I'm using as a placeholder for now, but I think I could do better. As for the fallen angel protagonist, I don't quite have a name yet.

As for the characters, I'm thinking of making the mammals/reptiles slightly altered variants of what we have on Earth. For example, one of the mammal races would be the Featherhares, a race of 3 foot tall rabbits with wings and a tail like a fox. Typically they would be healers and users of white magic, and the main protagonist would end up as one of these, only he'd be the black sheep among the race. Others might include a race of cats that are more swift and nimble with ninja-like weaponry and a race of bears that are more of the warrior types and use heavy weaponry.

The mammals would have superior "magic" skills, but their tech is around the WWII area, whereas the evil reptiles have better technology, but their skills with the arcane arts is more limited.

Some things that will carry over from Juno to this:

- Large birds/dragons being used as mounts in battle. Some planes with an entire crew would be used (like the B-17), but it's way more economically advantageous to just train flying mounts. Generally, only the officers would be flying in these planes.
    - The idea of a separate Heaven and Hell for animals, and the fact they're trying to quietly intervene with the world of the living.
    - The existence-consuming void-demon known as Xov. If there's anything worse than death, it's erasure.

So yeah, this is mostly just an idea that's been sitting in my head for a while. There's still a lot I'd like to at least outline before starting it. And I'd probably start it after the WAR is done.
    Well, the Juno-rewrite is being done now (slowly). Unless you mean the original novel that will kind of feel like Trial of Juno, but without Pokemon.

The general premise behind that novel would be the story of a fallen angel who gets sick of being evil. However, redemption for him is not so easily achieved because of his background, and to do it, he needs to take on the challenge of restoring peace to a war-torn world he's totally unfamiliar with. It would kind of be the mirror rendition of Kivistal, a world with only Pokemon, but in this case, the denizens of the world would be anthropomorphic animals. The good guys would be the forest-dwelling mammals while the enemies would be evil, cyborg reptiles. The protagonist becomes one of the mammal races, but he starts off being untrustworthy and has to struggle to be accepted. As the story progresses, the more the protagonist uses his dark powers for good purposes, the less evil they become. Of course, much later on, he becomes a very valuable asset to the Heaven-like realm for animals, being extremely familiar with the nature of darkness and their dark sources of power.

In all, I've never seen a story do this kind of thing, so yeah, I think it's a good premise.
    In all, I think what he really desires the most is redemption. As for fears, corruption. There's nothing worse than to become the very thing you were trying to destroy.
    Yeah, I see your point. I can also see that unless you build a fan following here, no one's going to read your stuff. Ah well, not a big deal to me.

I really should have given Juno more flaws. I tried to make him more down to earth and less depressing during the rewrite. The big challenges he faces are having to deal with the constant death of his allies, face death himself, and then fight powerful and hulking enemies way bigger than he is. But still, a few extra flaws wouldn't have hurt.
    I've found a LOT of people didn't like Juno's personality. Also, I ran him through the Mary Sue litmus test and yeah, his final result was not good at all. Definitely too high. I've tried to change a lot of this with the rewrite, but it's pretty clear no one is really still reading the story. I hadn't gotten a reviewer in months and all throughout the month of June, I hadn't posted anything. No one even VMed me asking about what happened.
    It does. But as a kid, you have no money, lots of homework, and no car to go where you want. >.<

And that's definitely true. I always liked the idea of imagining I'm the protagonist on an adventure, but it's better to get the outside perspective on all the other characters involved and what's going on in terms of their personal stories as well. You lose that valuable element with first person viewpoints and while that's not so bad when you're RPing, for a novel, it's a pretty severe limitation.
    Yeah, I'm with you there. When I get home, heck, I don't feel like writing. I usually end up gaming or doing something else that isn't really productive. The work I do is pretty draining and kills any semblance of creative thought. And it is tricky to come up with RP posts given time and creative constraints, but I somehow managed to squeeze out a few good RP posts to do it.

Maybe when the PXR WAR ends, I'll see if I can get this novel started. Unlike ToJ, I wouldn't write it in first person, though.
    Well, you know me, with that RP, I'd have no problem surrendering all creative property of mine onto you. I hereby officially declare all use of Neo Winterfield and all other creative entities I have created during WAR Season 5 yours free to use as you please. Have fun. :3

As for that rewrite, the more I think about it, the more compelling it seems. I don't know when I'd get around to writing that, but hey, if I ever feel bored one day... I might go for it.
    Do it! I think it would rock and I don't think it would be that difficult.

I'm been tempted to rewrite Trial of Juno without Pokemon to try and publish it as original fiction, but it would be pretty difficult to do that. I think I would just start fresh and write a novel that has a very similar kind of feel, but obviously wouldn't be the same.
    Am I really being passive aggressive? I like to think I'm being undecided. But yea, I think I can work with rogue pirates. What would be the mission? And please don't say take over the world. I think it is take over the world though, but rule justly.

What's my motivation here? Can it be as simple as money?
    Never tried, never felt like I'd enjoy it, and don't wanna. Count me in if you can justify what the team is doing is good. Otherwise I will most likely end up sitting it out cause I don't like playing against Neo anymore. Proud of yourself?

It's not that I don't wanna join up, just can't think up an even mildly evil character concept. I WOULD like to be on a team with you guys, just can't figure out a character concept.
    I never play bad guys. Save the world or not happening, no matter how good the story is. Unless you can spin the team story to where they at least THINK they're trying to save the world, I can't think up a character for this.
    Ok, cool, thanks for your understanding. :)

Only thing I'm concerned about is the RP. I'm not sure how active I'll be in there. Some of my posts may be touch and go without too much detail, but I'm sure that will be okay.
    Well... okay, let me propose this. I was talking to XaiakuX and to be honest, when it comes to real life responsibilities, he's actually got it much tougher than I do. Two jobs, school, and he's moving too. Almost makes me feel like I'm just being weak and pessimistic here. XP

I'll join Aqua, but be ready and don't be surprised if I suddenly drop off the radar at any given point of time (I'll try to give a heads up notice beforehand). I might be able to contribute a tiny creative writing or graphic art thing here or there depending on how things go, but yeah, it's not going to be anything like the legendary point snagging fiesta I was able to dish out years ago. There's also the potential I might not do anything for weeks at a time if things get a little hairy with the move or we're assembling furniture that week. The weekend I pack up my computer and stuff is definitely going to be a weekend you probably won't see much of me at all. I still have my phone, but the most I can really do with that is just write up chat posts. I'll try to keep you in the loop about how things are progressing. Hopefully with a little luck, things go smoothly and maybe I will have time to take part in some stuff. I just can't promise or guarantee that, though.

If you're okay with this, cool, consider me a part of your pirate posse. :)
    Yeah, I'm sorry dude, I just don't have the time I used to. It would be great if I was all moved out and stuff and had a job that didn't burn me out so often as my current one does. I've been working on trying to get something closer to my brother's place, but that process might be a while. But yeah, I miss those old RP days, those were great times and we had a lot of fun with that.

And yeah, it would be cool to grab a beer with you. If I'm ever around Atlanta, I'll let you know.
    I guess you could use Neo Ashfield as a NPC. So it's like I could be there in spirit in a way. :)

As for the RP, I think both you and Sabi will come up with something quite good. Both of you are great RPers and know your way around things. But yeah, with the WAR already starting in July, I don't see myself being able to take part. I don't even have vacations planned and my time is already shot. Not to mention I haven't even started with the moving process.
    Depends. What's the RP story?

Unless Aqua is becoming a Chaotic Good team, you know what my answer is going to be.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…