• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
C

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thanks. There are times I've almost given up but I'm gonna keep going. I'm going to get this starter. Once again, Thanks.
    I hope your finger is okay!
    Hopefully you'll be able to have Torchic shine soon to make up for it. :)
    I'm just glad it was less than half as stubborn as ledyba was! :D My first shiny legend... I'm still so stoked that I found it
    Thanks so much for the congrats! Haha, I'm glad too, I saw videos of people getting it at over 10,000 and I was a bit scared.
    And thank you very much for the compliment, I feel warm and fuzzy inside now, haha.
    Good luck with your Torchic hunt as well! I hope you get it soon, its really becoming quite the hunt!
    Thanks a lot! I SR'd the Enigma stone stationary Latias, I got the event in 2010 and forgot I had it until last week.
    Its possible to soft reset for the roaming one too though, but its tedious because you would need to save before Steven tells you about them.
    whoa that's a lot of starters! All from SS/HG SRs? And will you be doing a badge quest with this one? I'm just EV-training a shiny chikorita I got from a friend's Diamond cartridge now actually, she's super cute. And yeah, it was quite annoying, he was not being very reasonable at all but I'm glad I pushed him into refunding me some of it at least.
    Thanks for the message and the congrats :3 I've managed to settle for a not very satisfying arrangement, he refused to take it back because he didn't trust me not to replace it with a different game (!) and he wouldn't refund me more than a third of the price. But at least I got something back, which is more than I thought I'd get. But yeah, what a nutter. I'll have to think of something to do with this ruby now! Might give it to somebody.
    How's your hunts going? which starter are you hoping for most? :> I remember wanting totodile but then when I got cyndaquil I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Thanks for the advice, I am playing the Japanese version of Soul Silver so its the slot machines. And I decided to hunt for Sandshrew, I ended up just fainting Sudowudo, so that's good information that I could hunt for it after I beat the elite four. Thanks again and good luck on your hunts!
    thank you very much! I'm hoping for cyndaquil really and debating if I should make this a BQ or not. I'm currently at 1515 SRs and about to start up again and get some more before my cousins going away party tonight. if I manage to get the starter soon I'd be really happy as it'd be my first successful hunt in 4th gen and first SR hunt complete.
    Thank you very much for the help, I really appreciate it. <3 I got it at 1427, I believe. Good luck on your hunts as well!
    ^_^ Thanks. I've had that nickname ready and waiting since about 13,000 SRs into the hunt XD Corsola is still being a bugger, but I'm only at 2,220 eggs... I'd have to pass my record for roggenrola before I can start whining about that. Keeping my fingers crossed for Regice ^_^
    Part 2: However, I'm going to sound like I'm doing a turnaround here, but I can't recall if you've changed IDs or saved your game occasionally, like after every 200 SRs or so. I know that it's all pretty much superstitious mumbo jumbo, but when I hunted for my shiny Treecko years and years ago, I was saving my game every hour or so, as I heard that it helped to reshuffle the seed or something like that (it can all be so confusing!) and THREE SRs after I saved, I saw a shiny Treecko appear. It was really late at night and I was in bed, and I still remember looking down and seeing it pop out of the Pokeball. There was this pause before the sparkles, and I thought, "What is different here? OMG, my game froze?! What, sparkles?! OMG!111 etc etc Shiny Treecko!!!1" I still laugh about it. While it was clearly shiny, my poor brain didn't register it was shiny at first and I thought something looked off and I also thought my game had frozen due to the slight delay. It still feels amazing after all this time. He was my second SR hunt after Charmander on FR.

Well, as for my hunts, I've been doing a BQ again on a Pokémon X game. I don't know if you remember, but I got my shiny Fenn after around two weeks ... and yes, the SRs in that game for starters are just totally ridiculous. I want to hit the person who designed them to be like that! :p Since then, I've just found my sixth shiny member, and I'm currently hunting for my seventh. I've been so lazy about posting them.

As for Froakie ... I hear ya! But rest assured that you'll be so used to seeing a normal coloured Froakie that the shiny will definitely stand out. It did for me, at least. I had the same fear and the Froakie was taking a long time to shine, so I was paranoid that I missed one. But when one did shine, I could tell immediately.

Anyway, good luck, C! Torchic, shine, you hear me?! (Not that my threatening text will help!) :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…