• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
C

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Projects upon the projects lol, I need a huge break from school (second summer break is very much needed!!)
    At the moment, I'm trying to catch up on here! What about you? :)
    Hey!! How are you!! I haven't been on here in a long time, so sorry if I respond late or not reply, I've been trying to get to all of my messages :p
    Hey!

I finally got a response from Disney! I have been accepted into the College Program and will finally be able to make the change I need. I'll be heading down to Florida in the spring to work in the parks! I'm super excited. I'm going to be able to break out of the bubble I've been living in and learn to live independently and socially. It's going to be a good thing for me.
    I miss the days when Ash would release his Pokemon. It always made him seem so strong and good. He hasn't done anything so great since the Orange Islands I think. Its a shame.
    Oh right, you mentioned that, haha. That's a funny theory. I still think there are much better Misty episodes though. I just loved how she was introduced too, it was a long and well paced friendship forming between her and Ash and it was just fun to follow!
    Ah, you know, the Misty Mermaid episode wasn't all that for me. Brock and Ash were hilarious in it, but Misty wise it wasn't all that great.
    The one where she meets the baby Marill and makes it cry all the time. Something about that episode really made me like Misty a ton. Her personality really showed in all aspects and it was just a super funny episode. Also in that same episode Brock actually met a lady who liked him back! It was very nice to see. That is probably my favorite Misty episode.

Other good ones would be the Golduck one that we talked about earlier, the first time we go to Cerulean gym, the one where Brock and Ash get stunned, and the one where Brock is sick and Misty and Ash have to take care of chores. Actually now that I think about it there is one about fortunes that might be about Misty that was also super fun! She was a Gyarados or whatever and James was a Moltres! Super fun!

Then there are the chronicle episodes which were all fantastic and of course her parting episode, Gotta Catch ya Later. That one was one of the most beautiful episodes I have ever seen.

(BTW - is this looking creepy enough? https://copy.com/thumbs_public/OZEDleznaZhhok9X/Banette.JPG?size=1024 )
    I myself never use Gyarados. Then again, I don't pay attention to stats, but just looks. I have two dream teams that would actually suck in battle, but yet I am building towards anyway. 1 - http://puu.sh/c7Hud/362824b9eb.JPG 2 - http://puu.sh/c7HtE/2b6d85e119.JPG (These are my desktop backgrounds, haha)

The stars are definitely cool. The way they fight was very unexpected and I do enjoy seeing them as they are very unconventional Pokemon. I just wish we could have seen more. When it comes to the show I don't care much for the battles. They are what they are. In the original series there was far more emphasis on the entire Pokemon world and how Pokemon are used in the world. Ash was seeking battles and seeking the title of master, but the show was showing us how the world operated and such. I LOVED this aspect so much. We got to see a new Pokemon each day and the stories were fun and silly and full of heart. Ash didn't have to try hard and in the end the battles really didn't even matter to the show. Look how Ash got all his badges without winning any battles. There was much more to the world than just winning and being the best. Being a hero, doing good and doing whats right, THAT is what mattered and THAT is why badges were won.

It's a beautiful aspect that people overlook as a cheap way to get a badge, but it was beautiful!
    Alrighty then, what do you think of Misty's Pokemon? She had both the most bland Pokemon and the most fun Pokemon! Goldeen, the Stars, and even Corsola were all super flat and pretty unexciting Pokemon. But Psyduck, Poliwhirl / Politoed, and Togepi were some of my favorite parts of the show! Polywhirl was awesome cause he was strong and loyal and made a good friend and when he became Politoed I just couldn't get enough of him. He was so cool and funny.

But I don't think anything beats Psyduck! The way Misty grew to love Psyduck was awesome and it was so cruel and hilarious the way Misty tried to trade or give him away in the early days. One of the all time greatest episodes ever is the one where Misty though Psyduck evolved and was in love with the Golduck! And lastly there is her Togepi. So many people on these forums hate Togepi but he was such a wonderful addition to the show. Not only was he incredibly cute at all times, he was pretty silly and fun to follow. I hate the togepi specials were he and Misty part ways.

Oh, and the fact that she gets a Gyarados is pretty awesome too. Gyarados is just an all around awesome Pokemon to have, even in Gen 6. Too bad we don't get to see him ever.
    Haha, ok then. What shall we discuss? Why I feel she carried so much weight in the show and why she took all that weight with her when she left? Haha. Tell me whats up!
    But they don't come back! Every person my age, thought they might mildly play the games, do not and have never returned to the series. Once the trio was splitting up they ditched the show. Most would only be able to reference gen 1. There is a small number who would be able to say more because they've played the games, but I will never be into Pokemon like I was this past summer unless I re-watch the original series again, but even then I already know whats coming and could easily slip out of that too.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…