• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
C
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, you might not even get advice at all, though I guess the teams that get no replies are often people that nobody knows, so people tend to avoid them. It sounds like a cop-out to say that people with the mentality just don't understand how it works, but it's honestly the truth. The elitism they associate with Smogon users does exist there to some extent, though the elitists aren't as prevalent as they make them out to be. And it's usually more of being intimidated by the competitive nature of the community and not actually elitism.

I see some people want to give up on Ubers now, but it's going to be interesting to see how the tier literally revolves around Mega Rayquaza and his back-up partner, Primal Groudon. It's scary that even with Scarf, Xerneas won't even be a guarantee to beating Mega Rayquaza. If Rayquaza somehow gets a Dragon Dance up before Xerneas comes in you've lost your check.
    Well yeah, partly because nobody rates teams anymore anyway, the Catch-22 paradox is still kind of there. The effort thing is also a problem for some people. The actually good players are still more likely to do an RMT on Smogon anyway, though it is true that there are a lot of players who just irrationally hate Smogon for "taking the fun out of the game" or whatever.

Yeah, turns out it can hold an item. When you have twin 180 offenses, 115 Speed, DD/SD and any item of choice, walls don't exist anymore. Life Orb seems to be the popular idea right now though Lum Berry will also be trollish against those Klefki that think they can Thunder Wave safely. He basically doesn't even need to run V-create or Dragon STAB anymore when Dragon Ascent exists, giving it the option of Earthquake and the stupid amount of other good moves it gets. Arceus is going to have to give up its throne, there's a new god now.
    Well getting more activity is the first step to getting more experienced players. It's kind of a Catch-22 since having more experienced players would also boost activity. Either way it doesn't seem to be anything that the mods there can do all on their own, unfortunately. Of course it would be nice if we had more good people that rated teams here since that would help a lot, but few people even post good teams here since a) it takes real effort to make a reasonable RMT thread and b) most people would naturally and justifiably rather post it on Smogon where it's more active in that section.

I suppose, yeah. Turns out they confirmed that Rayquaza can Mega Evolve without any hold item, though. I don't think they've confirmed if it can hold an item and Mega Evolve but that would be the logical conclusion. And if so, Mega Rayquaza can say hello to the Life Orb.
    Yeah, though I'd also be lying if I said everything you learn in college is relevant to life. I know for sure my Rhetoric class will be useless for me later in life.

It's a tough two-way street in the competitive section, we've got people trying to bring activity but people just aren't contributing outside of guilds much, so even though it's less intimidating to get into competitive here there's not enough discussion for people to actually learn and get better. I know people also point to the Official Serebii League from a few years back for a point of activity, but I think actual discussion would be a better start. I'm not a competitive section mod though so I don't know if Archangel/Ragnarok/Miror/KillerDraco already have things in mind.

People will still be getting 6-0'ed in OR/AS Ubers, it'll just be by Primal Groudon/Mega Rayquaza cores instead of Moody Bibarel.
    Well Pixilate Hyper Voice and base 100 Speed is definitely solid even with speed creep so I'm not surprised.

That's the big takeaway, once you're in college it's no longer about getting straight A's as much as it is about doing the best you can and actually learning. I mean, I know how things work and I've been keeping up with things thanks to having college friends who play competitive so I'm not out of the loop or anything. I just haven't played a lot until lately, though hopefully that will change.

They honestly should just go ahead and ban BP or at least evasion now. I don't see why there's any reason to not ban it, especially when Moody is banned largely due to evasion.
    Yeah, it is annoying that it has trouble taking even resisted physical hits. Though it goes to show how good it is if it's so good even with that awful defense.

Part of it is because math classes are crazy hard here, so it's not as simple as it sounds. Which is why it's so important for students here to realize that 4.0 isn't necessarily worth stressing out about. Yeah, I think I'll give it a shot. I mean I'm not exactly the best either but

Yeah, I don't have experience with suspect tests though I've heard a lot about these requirements being notably easier to reach than other tests tend to be. In this case I don't think having higher requirements would have necessarily fixed all the issues though, given how much of an uproar this test has caused as a whole. But at this point I can see that it was a necessary phase to find out what does and doesn't work for the Ubers community.
    Yeah, X/Y Megas had a lot of weird stat spreads like that. Gardevoir getting +20 Attack instead of +20 Defense why. Of course, not that it stopped Gardevoir from being an amazing Mega.

It actually kind of depends on the major since that will obviously determine the kinds of classes you take. For Math and Applied Math majors like me it would be around a 2.9 GPA, which is a drastic change from high school GPA. Yeah, I should join the one that just went up assuming playing ORAS doesn't steal all my time, it'll give me an excuse to actually make more teams.

Yeah, saw the announcement, good to see things are working out. In a way I'm glad we went through that since it's led them to abolish suspects in Ubers. Yeah Landorus-T is a big why reason I run it too (and Mega Venusaur). Scarf Kyurem-B is fantastic.
    They'd have to be trying really hard to make a Mega that does nothing for him. I mean, even Mega Garchomp does something even if regular Garchomp is better. Of course there's the first step. Actually giving Klinklang a Mega.

It can definitely get stressful, though it got a lot better when I realized getting a perfect GPA is just not worth the amount of time it requires, especially here. That's true, I also knew going in that Moonclawz is good though I admittedly choked a bit in the second game. I do plan to participate more in tourneys here though so it was a good start. Got my biggest assignment out of the way, so I finally went and made my account.

43 Do Not Ban votes being uncounted as opposed to 18 Ban votes is definitely iffy, especially when it supposedly resulted in 30 Ban/27 Do Not Ban. Scarf Kyurem-B is probably one of my favorites things right now so I give that team an A+ just for that.
    Well +2 Speed and +1 Attack that can't be altered by an opponent is pretty solid. His only hope at new moves would be a Mega at this point though, which I'd love for the fact that everyone would hate it.

Yeah, I wasn't really too stressed about it though. Admittedly I didn't do much to prepare for it partly due to school stuff. I did fine until my second game with Moonclawz though so I'm okay with how I did. I don't have one yet since priorities are elsewhere (life and helping with ORAS here) but I've been meaning to make one recently. I'll let you know what it is once I've made it.

I saw that and the storm it caused, curious to know what the details are. I know there's rumors of "rigged" voting since Melee Mewtwo and Fireburn were pro-ban but ehhhh. Glad that Shadow Tag testing is finally over for now, though. Not like it'll matter since ORAS will throw things into chaos again.
    Klinklang. More seriously though, he does have acceptable stats, typing, an amazing boosting move and Clear Body. It's just missing moves. Of course, there's no way I could ever see it go OU with coverage, but definitely better than NU.

That would actually be a good idea, it's annoying that you have to start with the worst instead of being put in a neutral position at the start. I'm very lazy with teambuilding too, when I joined the Guardian Cup I only had two relevant OU teams, one was a team I actually was using and another was the one I was using in ORAS OU with changes to fit XY OU.

Baton Pass isn't even fun to use, I find it hard to believe that people out there find it fun to win with BP. I think they had a vote on Evasion in Ubers at some point in the past and they voted to unban it. Honestly the dumbest thing they've ever done. Ubers may be broken and unbalanced, but there are some things that can't be justified as legal even in Ubers.
    Banette is so bad, even in RU I don't run into issues with it. So much for all fan favorites getting one, Milotic and Flygon fans are crying right now. The exceptions are always the fun ones, everybody expects stuff like Lucario, Gallade, Salamence, but nobody expects Beedrill, Steelix or Kangaskhan. All he needs is any one good coverage move and he'll be useful above NU.

That's probably the worst thing about any ladder, unless you see a team that you know is good it's hard to tell when someone is using some gimmick or just outright bad. And the worst thing about gimmicks is that in general they're bad, but all they need to do is screw you over once to work. I'm generally just too lazy to test a team.

Baton Pass is just disgusting, you know the move is bad when people can find a way to abuse it even with the new restrictions on it. And Minimize Baton Pass Drifblim in Ubers why.
    Well there's way too many Pokemon for them to all get Megas anytime soon, but with how many of them have been done right I'm convinced they can make a good Mega out of most things. Don't crush his dreams of being useful, he's still too young.

Guess we have to wait and see when/if things stabilize. At the least we don't have to deal with the mess of broken things like Blaziken and Deoxys being unbanned this time around so hopefully it won't be so bad. Losing to random bad stuff is the worst since you know it's bad and it was all because of hax. Reminds me of an ORAS stall team that tripped me up a bit, but they were using Blissey and Sitrus Berry Sableye. On the other hand losing to genius gimmicks is hilarious. I'm not even mad that I lost to Scarf HP Ice Zoroark.
    After seeing things like Mawile and Beedrill, I think 90% of fully evolved Pokemon could benefit from a Mega if done right. but Mega Rotom wouldn't be Electric/Water Then floating gears can make the earth shake with magic too if they believe.

There's so many good Megas now, assuming things don't develop poorly for a lot of the X/Y Megas in OU. Lopunny and Sceptile are interesting, I can see them being OU since they work well in the tier though I wouldn't be surprised to see them in UU/BL. Well there's a reason I haven't already tried using Mega Sharpedo yet. As much as I want to use it I don't really think it justifies usage in OU. I wouldn't be surprised if he got screwed into BL, honestly.
    Doesn't matter what typing, but they do need more Electric type Megas. Manectric and Ampharos are literally the only ones right now unless there's somehow more hidden in OR/AS. How do a lump of coral, a pine cone and Dunsparce shake the earth then?

Metagross is without a doubt the best non-broken OR/AS Mega, I've seen that much from a friend who's running him. The way I see it, if you want something that's insanely hard to revenge and wall you use Rock Polish/Agility Metagross and if you love power use SD Gallade. But of course Metagross has the advantage of having an ability that doesn't suck + Meteor Mash boosts + being Metagross. I'm expecting UU for Sharpedo since that thing would wreck RU, and it's not very impressive for OU standards. If that happens I'll try to get into UU and try him there because I always liked Sharpedo.
    What Luxray needs is access to moves. There's a number of Pokemon that would love to have just Earthquake for coverage. Klinklang would sacrifice its soul to the devil if it meant he could get Earthquake.

Depending on how assignments go this week I might have free time to try it. I've played a bit, I've used only two Megas so far. Sub/Roost/DD/Flying STAB Salamence is one and that was disgusting, but I use Mega Gallade now and that one is good to the point where having a garbage ability doesn't even matter. I do want to use Mega Sharpedo too because I like Sharpedo in RU, but I'm waiting to see where he falls later.
    Seeing Megas like Beedrill makes me look forward to what Megas they might put out in the future. Seeing something useless with an awful BST suddenly become good is fantastic use of a Mega. Goes to show how ridiculous OR/AS OU has developed with Mega Salamence. All of these random Scarf users, I don't even know.

Oh, Aegislash, Shaymin and Darkrai too? Guess it's a lot easier to handle things when you can give stuff almost any ability. I don't know, I might give it a shot, though with OR/AS literally around the corner I'll probably wait before giving it a try.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…