• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
3fiddy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Holding a large bird on my arm for the first time was pretty surreal. You don't know what to do at first because the bird is tethered to you, you can only use your right hand, and suddenly you are responsible for the bird's and the public's well-being. You have to learn to to EVERYTHING one-handed, from opening doors to tying knots. If the bird baits (i.e., flies off of the glove), you have to make sure that you're holding on to its jesses and leash so it can't escape. You have to make sure it doesn't hit anything or hurt a person. It's an experience that I can't really explain other than "it's surreal" - unbelievable - to have this heavy, wild bird that attracts people to you suddenly completely in your care. It also takes a lot of self-control because 3-5 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, but it's REALLY HEAVY when you have to hold your arm up and keep it stiff with a 5-pound weight on it for for 2 straight hours. You cannot let your arm rest at all because if you do, the bird has nowhere to sit. But after you've been doing it for a while, it becomes second nature. Sometimes my left arm feels really light, like something should be there and it isn't.

We actually have two owls; both of them came to us as nestlings and have never lived on their own in the wild. The first had a huge infection on his leg and lost a lot of muscle mass to it; the second, the Great Horned Owl, had head trauma which caused cataracts when she was a nestling. She was completely blind when we got her. The cataracts are about 95% gone and she can see again, but she doesn't have full use of her eyes anymore.
    I'm glad you got one! The bird rescue is going great. I can't believe you remembered! We just adopted a Great Horned Owl and everyone loves her. She's my favorite bird to present with on the glove because people are so impressed with how large and calm she is. What's up in your life?
    Hey 3fiddy! Thanks for the advice! I'll look into a Dodge Caliber. I don't know a lot of different car models, so I love getting suggestions. I'm looking for a vehicle with at least 6 feet of space in the back. What color is Zero? Is she an affectionate cat? That's my biggest complaint about cats; they aren't as affectionate as dogs.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…