• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Kutie Pie
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Yeah, those are good points. Piracy is definitely a major problem on the internet. Funny thing, I watch many of my shows on the internet. I don't have cable anymore, so I use Netflix and Hulu Plus to watch my shows. Netflix and Hulu are much cheaper which is great. I used to have Dish Network, but I got rid of it over the summer. Sometimes it can suck waiting for a new episode to get uploaded to Netflix and Hulu, but that's just how it works. I have things to keep me busy, so it's not like I die of boredom, lol. Most of the time I'm at my job anyways.

I remember I went on a DBZ watching spree after I graduated High School. I watched all of the episodes as a kid, but I wanted to relive the series, but High School was taking up a lot of my time.

It was a grand time. Yeah, she saved us leftovers luckily! You can't go wrong with video game nights, we play Wii Sports, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros, there's so many games for us to play! We have a library of video games here. We do the same thing for Christmas as well. It's always fun!
    Well, we've all got to eat, and anime is more accessible than manga, so it stands to reason that a mangaka would please for an anime adptation to help their work expand in audience.

4chan and Reddit are worse.

It was my bad, I should've worded my response better. DreamWork have been doing rather well lately, or so I've come to assume, seeing as I don't keep an eye on them much. If the finale makes me cry, I will forgive them, because invoking my feelings usually means they're doing something right. I guess I'm someone who enjoys buildup, too, but if it's more into character psyche and world building and less, "establishing what we already know and then adding some stuff to it". I hope the finale gives more insight into Hiccup's struggling chara. I also hope we get less transparency with the merchandise, because that got irritating quickly for me;;
    I just don't understand WHY; why adapt a manga no one really cared about, and make it even worse via tiny budget and terrible choices? It's a waste, if you ask me.

They're everywhere.

OK, I worded that really horribly, and gave off the wrong impression. I'm really sorry about that. What I meant to convey was, "I'm not sure how I feel about this film, because on one hand, it was pretty good, and on the other, I just felt like something wasn't right." Giving us Hiccup's mother felt kind of needless, because making her a stranger wouldn't have really changed anything, but if she gets more screentime and overall plot relevance in the finale, I'll be okay with it. The first half felt really sluggish and mediocre, mostly because the mom was just boring to me, and I pegged her for an early death. However, the second half made up for the first, by being ballsy by killing off an important character in a ballsy manner, so props for DreamWorks. Some plot choices made me raise an eyebrow, and some decisions felt really transparent in terms of "we're selling merchendise with this once the movie is out", so that felt really bitter in my mouth. Maybe I'm more jaded than when I watched the first, but yeah. A third movie sounds fantastic, because then the problems I had with the first half can me amended. But yeah, alright film. Sorry if I sounded like an *sshole. I worded that really poorly.
    True, good points. It was a gradual take off in Japan. Nowadays Pokemon is a phenomenon, lol. It makes me wonder as well. I guess the stars were aligned just right for GAME FREAK.

That's strange. It's no wonder the show received negative complaints. The episodes being released every two weeks, and only being aired online will upset people. Honestly, I think the episodes only being aired online is a bad idea.

Alright, thanks for sharing your list! I'll give it a look. I'm looking through your list right now, this thing is HUGE, lol. I almost forgot about Cowboy Behop, and I love the mentions of DBZ.

My Thanksgiving was pretty "meh." My brothers got sick, so we didn't go to my familys house for Thanksgiving like we were planning. I really wanted the Thanksgiving dinner my Grandma always prepares every year. It was a real bummer that we couldn't go, but my brothers have been feeling better now so that's all that matters. We ended up having a family video game night, and movie night, because my brothers started to feel better later in the day. Sharknado 2 is terrible! I can't blame you for not wanting to watch that. My cousin is a Bleach fanatic, I still have to watch Bleach at some point.
    I read up on Pupa at MyAnimeList. What a weird concept. The art style was an more shoujo-esque one, and the plot had potential to be a squicky horror full of squick. The incestuous implications were not helping its case much, either. Honestly, I think Studio DEEN has been slowly deteriorating as the years go by, going from "okay studio" to "pretty awful". I thought that they'd redeemed themselves with Hetalia, seeing how the new season revamped the animation in the best way possible and changed directors for a better experience overall. What's the deal?

If you want that, just go on Tumblr.

It had so much potential and it just f*cked it all up. I don't even know what I expected...
    Studio DEEN has gained a reputation for screwing up ferociously for both plot and animation. I'm surprised they've done as much as they have; you'd think people would learn their lesson.

True, but the mods are very quick to take care of problems, bless their little hearts. How was it more entertaining, exactly?

Also, finally saw HTTYD2...Uh...
    The manga is pretty enjoyable, albeit confusing at times. It's shocking how much the anime didn't cover.

Of course not, just what kind of heathen do you take me for? I appreciate these forums for the same reason; 2011 me and 2014 me are very different people, and it's partially due to this website that I've developed so much as a person. Time gets in the way, and so does disinterest, seeing as this website is a hobby. We understand.
    True, True those are good points. Scooby Doo is awesome, I used to watch that all of the time when I was younger. It's crazy how Pokemon became so popular so fast. I know before it became a hit in the USA, it was a gigantic hit in Japan of course. Then eventually Pokemon became a international sensation.

Ah, I see. Well that's not good that it's gotten complaints. I grew out of Sailor Moon ages ago, but maybe I'll watch a new episode just for the heckuva it, lol.

I'll take a look at your anime list, I have a feeling your list will definitely help me out when it comes to checking out new anime! When I was younger I really didn't care about shipping, but as I got older I started to realize how interesting shipping was! I still want to see Ash+Misty dangit! I think it was Yugioh 5D's where everyone dueled on motorcycles. If I stand correct that actually ended a few years ago.

Happy Thanksgiving by the way! I've had a pretty busy day today, but now it's relaxation time for me lol.
    Yeah, Pokemon does get tons of hate from people. Pokemon has also dealt with a lot of legal things as well, in the past. Even peta has attacked Pokemon plenty of times, but they attack a lot of things. I enjoy Harry Potter, and surprisingly my mom didn't mind Harry Potter either. My mom somewhat understood what Harry Potter was all about, lol.

I heard they're showing newer episodes of Sailor Moon nowadays. I haven't watched that show in years, I think I kind of grew out of it as I got older. I've never grown out of DBZ and Pokemon though. Hopefully I'll still be playing Pokemon when I'm an old man!

Gundam is a huge franchise, it will definitely take you time to watch all of it. Ah, you have an anime list that's cool. One of these days I'll set down and watch more anime. Do you have any recommendations?

I know if I made a female list I would have Misty on it for sure, and definitely Videl and Android 18 from Dragonball Z. My friends would tease me about Android 18 all of the time, because I had a crush on her. I know I would have Aerith from Final Fantasy on my list as well, I like legit cried when Sephiroth killed her in FF7. You can't go wrong with Mewtwo he's awesome. Mewtwo and Mew being shipped would be pretty cool. Lately I made the jump on the Ash+Serena bandwagon.

That's true about Yugioh, I agree. I heard nowadays the anime is way different, it involves motorcycles and what not, I guess.
    I know, right! Pokemon is the farthest thing from violent. I mean sure, there's battles, but there's nothing bad about them. My mom told me that I used to watch Sailor Moon, and I can somewhat remember me watching it, lol. She said I used to walk around the house saying "And that means you!" I love Jackie Chan movies. I also like Bruce Lee.

Gundam is really cool. You will really enjoy Gundam and Yu Yu Hakusho, and Inuyasha is really cool. I really need to get into other animes. Oh, yeah good point. Samurai Jack's not anime. It's a great cartoon though.

You're definitely not a weirdo for making that list. I would make a list of anime girls. I see that Mewtwo is your #1. Mewtwo is pretty cool! Mewtwo, and Mew are two of my favorite legendary Pokemon. I'm also a big fan of Articuno.

Yugi, T'ea, Kaiba and Joey were excellent characters. After that saga ended I just lost interest. I did watch a little bit of GX and it wasn't that bad. I still have to watch the rest of that series though.
    You're not missing much, lol. I really didn't like the new movie a whole lot. I've seen worse movies, but it could have been MUCH better.

My mom didn't mind Pokemon either. However, my aunt never liked my cousin watching it. My aunt thought it was "too violent." My mom could never seem to get into any kind of anime, she's watched DBZ with us before, and she never understood it. My stepdad on the other hand kind of likes DBZ. He's watched it with us plenty of times. I really need to get into more anime. I mostly watched DBZ, Pokemon, Gundam Wing, Yu Yu Hakushow, Inuyasha, Samurai Jack, Zatch Bell, and I started to get into Naruto not too long ago. I also like watching animated superhero shows like the Justice League, Teen Titans, Spiderman, Batman, Batman Beyond. I'm a superhero nerd haha.

Ah, I still want to play that game for the Wii! Dragonball Z Budokai is a great game, I just recently bought Battle Of Z for my PSP because it was on sale a while ago. I really enjoy the Dragonball Z Tenkaichi games as well.

Oh, lol. I know I have soft sports for some anime girls. (I still have a crush on Misty) Normally people give me crap about that, but I think my secrets safe with you lol.

I like Yugioh. I really enjoyed the anime back then. I remember I received a Blue Eyes Shining Dragon from that event, I was so stoked! I ended up with all of the movie cards. I really hope the sequel hits US theaters (crossing fingers.)
    The whole thing pretty much just...

I'm sure she wanted to be, but because we live in the same house, I have already taken the liberty of telling her verbally myself. She hasn't really been on this website, though, lately. She's embarassed because of her old posts, me thinks.
    Yeah, I wasn't too crazy about the characters in the new Transformers movie. I mean, I thought Mark Wahlberg was alright, but I didn't care about the other characters. I also thought the Dino bots should have been in the movie longer. I must admit, Shredder does look cool.

My mom isn't a fan either, but she can tolerate anime surprisingly. I'm actually surprised she let me watch DBZ as a kid, lol. My parents bought me so many DBZ action figures when I was a kid, and they even bought me DBZ episodes on VHS. I'm thinking about buying the seasons as well, so I have my own copies. I like some of the DBZ video games as well, one of my favorites is Legacy Of Goku on the Gameboy Advance, and I love DBZ Budokai for the PS2. Have you played any of the DBZ video games?

I really enjoyed Namek, and Namekians are my favorite race as well. Piccolo is such a fascinating character, he's one of my favorites! It's really cool how he has special hearing. I absolutely love the FUNimation music. Look up Bruce Faulconer on Youtube. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with his work, it's fantastic. One of these days I'll buy the soundtracks online. I love soundtracks from video games as well.

I thought it was cool how a DBZ movie was actually in theaters. The last anime movie I saw in theaters was the Yugioh movie, and that was back in 2004. I also remember watching Pokemon The First Movie in theaters. That's cool, I know what you mean. I really don't get to do a whole lot with my brothers outside of the home. Hopefully my brothers and I can go watch the DBZ sequel when it hits theaters in the states.

My favorite movie is Broly: Legendary Super Saiyan. Broly is awesome. I really liked Fusion Reborn and Coolers Revenge as well.
    That's odd. You would think they would focus on the turtles more, lol. Yeah, you can tell he produced it, Shredder looks like a transformer in the movie! I know a lot of people were complaining about that.

That's cool that you eventually got into DBZ. I started watching the anime as a kid, and eventually after DBZ ran it's course on tv, I began to read the manga. While I was growing up Toonami was all I watched. I remember DBZ airing on Toonami, and I remember Toonami airing Dragonball GT as well. I don't mind GT, but I liked DBZ and Dragon ball way more. My younger brother has most of the DBZ seasons, he still needs season 5, and that's the last one he needs. He also has all of the Dragon Ball anime, and all of the GT anime. My brothers love DBZ and Dragonball. My youngest brother is 10, and the other one is 16. They both got into DBZ because of me (I'm pretty sure.) The King Piccolo arc is awesome, I love the fight between him and Goku during the World Tournament! It's definitely one of my all time favorite fights.

What's your favorite saga in DBZ? It can be a tough choice to pick just one, but my favorite saga is the Frieza saga. Frieza played such a good villain. I also really liked the Cell saga, and that final fight between Gohan and Cell was simply amazing. I remember when Gohan turned SSJ2, and my eyes were glued on the tv. I love the music in DBZ, Bruce Faulconer is a legend.

Oh, I think you're right! I hope so! I wanted to see Battle of Gods when it was released in theaters, but the closest theater playing the movie was an hour away. I was also busy that week, my birthday is August 3rd, and I was hoping to go watch the movie for my birthday.
    Me neither, but it was hammered in pretty hard.

Hm, maybe...

It can be difficult to keep characters consistent during the struggling times, but I think you did well, considering.

Just stay focused and don't give up. You're almost there.
    They stated it, like, ten times?

There's a method of getting free shipping, though...

I read it. I've got a lot to say, and I'm really happy with out it turned out. Welcome to the climax, indeed.
    That Drew Carey gif pretty much sums up what you think lol. I love that gif by the way, and Drew Carey is awesome! I used to watch Whose Line is It Anyway all of the time! That's too bad! I've heard several negative reviews about the movie. I'll watch it eventually, and I'm sure I'll be able to pin point the problems with it right way. I definitely know a lot about the Turtles! I know a lot about Marvel and DC comics as well. A lot of my friends think I'm a comic book nerd (I agree with them lol.)

Ah, I thought Micheal Bay directed it (silly me.)

I'm guessing you and your brother are fans of Dragonball Z? I enjoy reading the manga as well! I definitely consider myself a diehard DBZ fan. Yup, I heard the news! The movie is set for release sometime in May 2015. That's the month it will be out in Japan. I can't wait for it to come out in the United States!

I know how you feel lol. There's popular places in Michigan I still have to check out, and I've lived here my whole life! Eventually I'll explore more of the Upper Peninsula at some point.

I would be too scared to try lol. Stepping on legos is bad enough haha.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…