• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Kutie Pie
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Well, if my grandparents never left Tucson, I might have been here my whole life. I agree with the residents being bipolar about the weather and down here they can't drive in the rain, makes traffic on rainy days slower though. I like the rain, doesn't rain enough here but it rained too much in Washington and one year it snowed so bad that we were stuck in town (it was a small town). Oregon was pretty balanced weather wise though, least the parts I lived in.

I have an account over on Pokefarm Q, didn't even know Bulbagarden existed.
    My grandparents lived in Oregon, so my family moved up there. Then my parents got a job offer in Washington and we moved there, but after nine or more years, my dad got tired of the weather and wanted to move back to Tucson. My parents asked me to come too, since my two sisters didn't want to go (they ended up down here eventually) and I decided living in a bigger town might be nice.

I checked the forums out a couple times and noticed it was pretty active, unlike the other Pokemon forums I belong too and decided to give it a try.
    I'm native-born but spent some time in the Pacific Northwest, moved back in 2010.
    I check Serebii everyday and decided to check out the forums.
    That's quite a bit of blankets, lol. I'm glad I don't get cold easily, I would be annoyed so much. My mom on the other hand gets cold soooooo easily.

They're pretty good schools. Before I went to that school I was slacking off, and getting mediocre grades during middle school. Well, that charter school really helped me out. I had a big turnaround. If I ever have kids, I would almost consider moving back to Holland just so I can have my kids go to that school. (I'm sure that school will still be around then, but who knows.)
    My family has so many things like that it's just normal to us now. not divorcees, just moments

L.F.D.
    One those can overly big or small times, but you're welcome.

Eve, I'm going out with some cousins, Christmas Day, I'm having the overly religious side of the family at my place who will say I ruined it for them, for one reason or another.

How about you?

L.F.D.
    Sometimes I cover up my shoulders, lol. I usually just cover up with two blankets during the winter, I know some people that have to use 4 or 5 blankets. I know during the summer when it's hot out I never use blankets. I have an air conditioner that I use for very hot days. I usually use that for days that go above 90-100 degrees. Usually I just use my fan when it's below 90. This summer wasn't very hot in Michigan, so I only had to use my air conditioner like 5-6 times, lol.

Home schooling works very well from what I've seen. My cousin home schools her kids. Charter Schools are very good schools as well. They get public funding, but they operate independently. I went to a Charter School for 8th grade. The teachers were great, and they did a great job teaching. That school really turned me into a even better person, and they did a wonderful job getting me set for High School. The teachers there were like family. Everyone was a big family.
    Sometimes I really procrastinate when it comes to getting out of bed, lol. On my days off I never set an alarm I just sleep in. Yeah, gloomy weather makes me tired. Rainy days always make me sleepy.

Ah, I see! I think my brother will make a very great teacher. I know in High School I laughed at the curriculum. I thought it was a joke, honestly.
    Nobody remembers Bolt. Most of Disney's non-princess movies don't go very far.

Disney has the potential to be ballsy, but they choose to play their movies safe, with very solid moral grounds. Disney doesn't like to take risks, because when they miss, they miss awfully. I think it also applies to the audiences, too; because for them, Disney is a safe haven, with set boundaries about what will and won't happen.

The issue with incorporating culture into their movies is that Disney likes to appeal to mass audiences, and getting a "lost in translation" issue with conversations, choices, and plots would be an issue.
    My sleep schedule has been messed up for a while now. I stay up too late playing video games, lol. My body is so used to getting 5-6 hours of sleep everyday. I really need to fix it to were I'm getting 7-8 hours of sleep, at least. You'll find a job ;) It can be hard finding one, but you'll find one. If I worked mornings everyday my body would have to get used to waking up early everyday. That would be fun. I'm such a morning person just kidding, lol. I can wake up early if I absolutely have to, though.

How long have your parents been teachers? My brother wants to be a teacher he's been looking at colleges lately since he's a junior in High School.
    Disney doesn't normally do action movies--that's Marvel's job--so it was understandably jarring. They were trying to appeal to a different audience than they normally do with their animated movies, so I guess this film was more of an experiment for the success of such an oddball. I'm pretty sure of Disney seemingly endorsed underage law-breaking, some people would get fussy, so it probably wasn't worth it. Sure was a missed opportunity, though.
    My sleeping is so messed up. Some nights I stay up super late playing video games, lol. I don't have tons of time to play during the day unless I have a day off, so after work I play quite a bit of video games. Right now I'm playing through Suikoden II I just bought this on PSN a few days ago. I'm also been playing through Pokemon Omega Ruby as well. I get out of work late every night, and the first things I do when I get home are eat, and just relax. I like to watch movies, and play video games as well. I like to work out as well. I need to start getting more sleep, though.

Yup, she is! Luckily things got better for my family, and it sounds like things got better for your family. Everything found a way to work out in the end!
    They released so many Pokemon, lol.

Oh wow, I haven't seen that show in ages. I was playing Pokemon on my 3DS last night, and I fell asleep with my glasses on. I woke up and was like, what the heck! My 3DS battery was almost dead. I was just too tired last night.

My mom raised me all on her own, and we didn't have much of anything. It was a tough life back then, but she always spoiled me rotten even though she didn't have much money. Eventually things got waaaaay better for us by the time I was getting out of the toddler stage.
    People can give "critical" a bad name (blind anti-sequel hatred, etc.), but critical thinking has so many benefits in all areas of life.

Now, I'm not suggesting that the story of Mr. Peabody & Sherman was much similar to Meet the Robinsons. And the dog with glasses was only a joke in that movie, not a main character (though I got a good laugh when my mom searched and found out there was apparently at least one decent-quality figure made of it!). And while it is definitely true that the similarities I see between these two movies are nowhere near as clear or as numerous as those between Frozen and Tangled, I do think it's more than just "young boy + time travel." It is in fact just the most recent example of an animated film prominently advocating adoption like Meet the Robinsons (and Despicable Me). Additionally, the rather dark looks Penny gives Sherman early on definitely remind me of...the kinda goth girl from Meet the Robinsons whose name escapes me but is very clearly the main character's future wife. I wouldn't want to say that I think no other movies influenced it, though, as the wide selection of crazily-interacting historical figures definitely drew from the Night at the Museum films (note prominent inclusion of ancient Egypt).

However, you opened up a really interesting perspective for me by saying Big Hero 6 seems similar to Dreamworks. Shortly before I VMed you, I told my youngest brother that I thought some Wreck-It Ralph themes might come into play, especially considering Baymax's size. But a few hours after I VMed you, I realized that the way Baymax moves and carries himself is much more reminiscent of a Dreamworks character: Po from Kung Fu Panda.

Oh, BTW, I probably should have said that I liked your "custom trainer title," as I've been thinking of changing mine to something Christmas-related as well.
    Some people don't appreciate good art.

I liked it okay, because it was surprisingly creative and succeeded in its core goal of being a fun, creative, and slightly tragic action movie. It was riddled with cliche in some places, though.
    Nah, it is a special school. But that doesn't mean the education is that good. The government gives less and less money for such things. So those schools are in quite a struggle.

I just don't get the importance of having a 'high status' at school. In my opinion, school is for learning, not to become the most cool, badass or whatever. I'm glad we have a teacher who spurs his pupils to get high grades. That guy is just gold.

I hope you won't mind the fact my answers are a bit short in comparison with your writing. ^^'
    But well, it's a good practice for me.
    Yeah, I'm from the Netherlands, so that's much different.

I was actually thinking about the fact that my classmates gave a bad example to the younger pupils in the study room. Some even contributed in paper throwing.

I have to go, dinner is ready.
    It was nice talking to you ^^
    My school was 'special education' so that's why all the kids there have autism or something else.

Those guys lack common sense indeed. And the problem is that they actually copy each other to look more cool. They can be nice, but that is when one is on his own.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…