• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
C
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, my sergeants just put me on extra duty for having my phone out. Umm, you obviously win. That crit cost me badly, but luck happens I guess. Ggs and let them all know you won. Congrats. I'll more than likely be on in a few days or so now...they might take my phone. xD
    I hate...my phone... that switch to Chansey was supposed to be to Heatran but my screen locked. ~_~

But it's all good. I have to go formation at 4 here in a sec, so I'll brb.
    Ready when you are. I'm on the main server as VV45. Now, I cannot send the invite due to my having to use my phone. Once you send the invite, keep in mind that my phone tends to lag slightly, so if it takes me a while to choose a turn, it is not purposely done.
    Wait. Meteor Mash Jirachi would actually be really cool. I mean they did Draco Meteor Jirachi so why not.

Yeah, I'm running Bisharp with Sash and it's great. It's also easy to use since there's only one Bisharp you'll ever see in VGC, and that's Adamant with Sucker Punch/Iron Head/Knock Off/Protect. I'm also using AV Competitive Milotic so all of those Intimidate users can come along if they want to give me free boosts.

I don't, just have my Adamant one and no Pursuit. In hindsight I probably should've gotten Pursuit on mine in case I wanted to repurpose my Bisharp for Singles but oh well.
    The afternoon more likely. I'm in the Army doing AIT schooling right now so my time is highly limited.
    Well the thing with Gen 6 events is that if they come with an event move you can delete it and reteach it later. So even if it's not good now it could be better in a later metagame, and given how it's almost impossible to have a good Defog Mew it would be nice. Of course Defog would be a random move choice that would require Game Freak to realize how useful Defog is, at which point they're better off making it a tutor like they should have done.

Well what I'm trying to say is in general people are less likely to criticize 252/252 spreads in singles since they work for a lot of things, but I've looked at some VGC RMT's and people almost always suggest avoiding 252/252 spreads because they're generally bad there. Unless it's something purely offensive like Bisharp (which is surprisingly amazing in VGC despite the bad typing for the format) or Mega Salamence, then 252/252 spreads are fine, but the majority don't.
    If there's any event I'd like it to be a Mew event Defog Mew please, though Jirachi is probably far more relevant given Hoenn.

It is kind of ridiculous, it's almost as if they don't realize how big of a thing it is that Defog removes hazards on your side too and not just removing hazards on the enemy side like it used to be.

Well obviously adding EV's to survive specific things works in all tiers (maybe not LC but idk) but you can usually perform well without that in singles. In VGC it's crucial that you run these specific EV's though, since in such a fast paced format surviving a hit can cost your opponent so much more. Protect is weird, it's great since it can ruin people double targetting something you protect, but then can also give your opponent a free turn if you use it carelessly.
    Perfect accuracy hypnosis and confuse ray, air slash flinches

twave + swagger means you can't touch electrode now. Basically gg
    k cus i went ahead and retrained mega fluffy

244 hp / nuf speed to speed creep starmie at +1 / rest in atk

also retrained megamence, megamence + scarfzone = ez bp
    I'd say movies probably don't affect game releases directly, but this case kind of implies they're still keep some focus on ORAS stuff for awhile. I don't mind either way though since that would $50 I can spend on another game. And if all else fails Smash Bros. and competitive are always there.

Yeah the Eon Ticket event is at least useful for getting the other one to be good. And thankfully both can fill very similar spots on a team so that helps if you can't get both to be good. Shame there's no Defog tutor for them though.

Oh well battles tend to be super fast in Doubles so strategy is kinda weird, some people even run two Megas in VGC. The annoying thing with EV's in VGC is that since it's level 50 you often get wasted EV's with these specific EV spreads. And you get people constantly putting specific defensive EV's just to barely survive one attack from something, like Sylveon investing enough to survive Mega Kangaskhan Return with like 1%.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…