• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Kutie Pie
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• It's just so subtly tragic, because there's next to no dialogue between the two leads, and yet we get so attached to them and know who they are based off of wordless communication...I personally find it one of Disney's darker tales, due to that.

I'm pretty sure any company in charge of making entertainment that existed during the early 20th century made choices that they regret now. Disney is just the big one.

Well, I think the issue with something like that--as much as I'd love to see it, and as much as it is necessary--parents of children will get angry, because they don't want their child getting the "wrong idea"...It's stupid, but you know it will happen. Especially the competence bit; it could go fantastically with a good writer, or horribly wrong with a bad one...

Free Birds?! Free Birds?!
    WALL-E didn't really bother me when I first saw it a few years ago, but now it scares the crap out of me...

I mean, I'm glad Disney is doing their utmost to make healthy, positive films to clean their image, but they need to make good films, they need to care about their films, and they shouldn't capitalize on being decent f*cking human beings. It just makes my stomach curdle...It's like those people on Tumblr who make "revolutionary" statements, and expect praise, when really all they are saying is common sense ("People shouldn't be judged by the color of their skin" etc.).

Disney should diversity their skin pallet, sure, but I agree about your point on culture. I haven't seen Book Of Life yet, but I will when I can. It seems great.
    Yeah, same here. I've never played Mirrors Edge, but I've heard it's a great game. Mirrors Edge is one of those games I still need to play, lol. Yeah, I just did some research on Mighty No 9. Keiji Inafune should have never hired Dina. What a mess.
    I haven't watched the movie in a while, so I'm just going off of memory here. I'll just fake your word until I rewatch the film myself. Yeah, maybe...

They have been making movies since the beginning of the 20th century, there is going to be a sh*t-ton of awkward because white people (like, Walt himself) didn't really understand that ~equality~ for other races and genders really mattered. As much as I dislike some of their old movies for those mishaps, I'm annoyed that they keep bringing them up. It was like, fifty years ago, times have changed, so why not disregard your mistakes, apologize, and make good movies with equality in them, without messing it up this time? I'm super annoyed that Frozen got so much hype off it's ~equality~ alone, when Disney should've been doing that already for a while now. Instead, they make a bigass deal about it, then expect to be praised for being decent. It's atrocious, I tell you. DreamWorks has never made money off ~equality~ alone, because they would just include it, because it's kind of important. They don't capitalize on it like Disney does.

The fact that no one would know that Honey Lemon was Hispanic UNLESS they did a bunch of research online makes me cringe. Disney, being subtle doesn't work when everyone's clammering about all the white dominance in your movies. I mean...Wow.
    That reminds me. There was a petition going around to get Anita Sarkeesian removed from the Mirrors Edge 2 development team. I didn't know who Anita Sarkeesian was at first, but after further investigation I can understand why fans are peeved.
    Yeah, I definitely agree with you. They definitely deserve what's happening to them. The way Megaman has been treated is unacceptable, and the way their customers have been treated is unacceptable. Capcom is getting hit by the karma train.
    Yeah, Capcoms pretty much screwed. Growing up I played a lot of their games, but it's not looking so hot for them. I don't see them lasting much longer.
    True, but it was still a fun experience. I will most likely watch it again in the future when I get the chance, though, to see how much my opinion has changed since I first saw it years ago. Chris Sanders did great with Lilo and Stitch, even if that franchise got milked a tad too much as the years went on...

Well, they are more public and a monster in their industry, with some big competition lining up to jump in their place if they falter. Disney was already getting some venom in their direction once ~equality~ came into play, as Disney's age meant they made some statements in their films that clashed with the modern age. Hence why they are trying to amend it via movies like Maleficent. Princess and the Frog was by no means awful, but it wasn't the blockbuster everyone was hoping it would be. (Indeed.)

Disney hasn't really tried to really incorporate foreign culture, but maybe Big Hero 6 is a step in a more culture-savvy direction but it probably won't be.
    I'm a HUGE WWE wrestling fan, but I don't know if I would really care for the wrestling in that cartoon. I thought Viewtiful Joe was a very underrated game, but now it seems forgotten.
    I personally liked Bolt, honestly, but it upsets me that a creative director got the shaft from getting his hands on it. Chris Sanders probably works better with a DreamWorks mindset than a Disney one, anyway.

The problem is that Disney can't seem to take a lot of chances without a backfire. Remember what happened with The Princess and the Frog? Being overly ballsy doesn't seem to benefit them, because they can't seem to hit it at the right angle anymore, or something.

Frozen hardly incorporated much Scandinavian culture, even though that's where it took place. It felt vaguely European, what with all the monarchy systems and designs, but...Maybe it's because I'm not as familiar with Scandinavian culture, but I wasn't really feeling it there.
    I remember hearing about Ultimate Muscle, but I never watched it. I did watch MegaMan NT Warrior, though. I never watched Viewtiful Joe, but I did play the video game. It was a really fun game!
    Happy New Year! Yeah, I noticed that as well. Oolong was quickly shafted to the sidelines. I was hoping to see more of him in Dragonball Z, he's hilarious! When Astro Boy aired on Kids WB I think I was in 6th grade at the time. I liked it, but I wouldn't consider it a top 10 show of mine. Back then I was so invested in Dragonball Z and Pokemon, lol. I was even invested in Yugioh at the time.
    You're welcome :) There's actually quite a story behind the story, which I'm gonna add when I post it in the Shipping Fic section, if you're curious.
    Lol, my younger cousins were at my grandmas house for Christmas, and they were a pain in the butt. My two cousins arent even toddlers anymore, they're 12 going on two. Oolong is hilarious, lol. Oolong has always been funny in Dragonball, and Dragonball Z. Those are great gifts! I actually remember watching Astro Boy on Cartoon Network back when it aired, I liked it. I honestly haven't used Skype in so long.
    Lol, kids in their Terrible Twos can be a handful. That's cool! That's the same game I have on my 3DS. My brother got Battle Of the Gods for Christmas. We all sat down and watched that after we got done unwrapping presents. We all really enjoyed the movie. I got my youngest brother Little Big Planet 2, and I got my other brother Fallout 3. They're all very thrilled with what they received. You can't go wrong with Godzilla, he's awesome! We opened up all of our gifts at our place on Christmas Eve, then on Christmas day we went to my Grandmas and Aunts place for Christmas. It was a pretty busy day.

That's cool! Skype is very useful, and that's good you were able to chat with them!
    Hey, Merry Christmas! Did you have a good Christmas? I just got back from both sides of my family for Christmas. I came home with a lot of stuff. My parents, brothers and I also had our family Christmas last night.
    If you wanna comment on your gift fic, hit the "Pop Out" button at the top of the screen. It'll take you to the normal document view and then you can comment on it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…