• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
The Admiral
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• That sounds about right. Although, ex-polys in the UK tend to have a bad reputation, and sometimes their degree programs are jokingly referred to as "mickey mouse degrees", whereas MIT is pretty prestigious as far as I am aware. They aren't better or worse of course, but it's just a reason for people in older, research-oriented redbrick institutes to brag.
    Well we don't have polytechnics any more, but from my understanding they were (are still) mainly vocational degree-offering universities that don't focus on research very much. College here is a gap which bridges high school with University
    Heh, I had a class in C++ in community college as well. It was absolutely terrible though - we weren't taught anything beyond loops and very basic I/O programs.

I think you're correct with the terminology, though. I didn't put community college and college together up until now, as we used to have something called a polytechnic University in the UK up until a few years ago, which is what I thought community college was similar to. Gosh I don't know...
    Luckily our school has the option to take C++ classes but they're entwined with C and I doubt that much will be covered. Again, mainly Java is what we are taught, but I'm not a fan of how inefficient it is, and I suck at programming in languages like Haskell. Luckily I am getting my hands messy with C and C++ right at the moment, but that's helpful advice thanks a lot

Come to think of it, unless we are learning a specifically different language, we are expected to do things through Java (except the rare MATLAB class). Kind of annoying but hey, I was talked into it persuasively. Did you end up self-teaching C++ or did you get any luck training/PhD for it?
    I think I remember reading you post somewhere once that you study(ied) computer science. What can a professional such as yourself share with a sophomore like myself?
    ----------
    I don't think I could even post in that thread without just insulting The Fedoration over and over.
    ----------
    Did you change his username to have the word "fedora" in it on purpose? Because I'm dying.
    Eh... I hope this isn't rude or out of the blue but, you seem to be good friends with NPC so...I was wondering if you knew why he hasn't been online for about a week.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…