• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
M

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• (TO make sure you won't be disappointed if I won'tread it afterall.)

Ness: L-Like I said Pokey, there aren't ghost in O-Onett! *holding his bat into a fighting stance* Show yourself!
    (I won't, since I don't want to make a promise and probably will break it afterwards.)

Ness: A ghost? Ha! Onett isn't haunte- *hears the hiss* What is it? *holds his bat, ready to bash the source of the sound*
    (I said maybe.)

Ness: It's quiet... Too quiet... *looking around while holding his baseball bat, he continues up to the hill where the meteorite was seen*
    (Of course!)

Ness: Heh, you kinda sound like that blue hedgehog of that game! But yeah. Come on boy! King, we're gonna go find Picky. *gesturing towards King to go along with them*
    Yeah, I guess you have a point.

I have another theory. Hallucinations involve mind, right? Then maybe the hallucinations made by the mushrooms triggered some kind of latent PSI power that has a benefic effect of healing up and somehow affected Boney as well, probably while Lucas and Kumatora were unconscious.

Well, I think that Locria wasn't supposed to be the villain at the beginning, and then for some reason was retooled as Fassad. Otherwise, it could be possible that Locria has a double personality: one cheerful and Magipsy-like and the other greedy and Pigmask-like.
    Hm… honestly, I would have probably preferred without the boost, but I guess it's me not wanting very cheap ways. Double EXP and money plus boosted defense sounds quite cheap to me. Anyway… didn't someone trying to translate Mother 2 as well?

From what I've seen in the walkthroughs, Boney recovers energy only when the humans eat the mushrooms, not after the bath. I've seen people forced to heal him through PSI due to that. Anyway, about why the gang ends up healed during the bath in the junk… maybe it's an effect placebo?

Probably. Maybe he didn't like the idea of dying himself and would have preferred if everything else died instead. Could be a reason, yeah.
    Indeed. He could have easily claimed to make fun of the heroes or similar.

I wasn't aware of that Easy Ring. What does it do?

Yeah, the hallucination is a quite funky part. But really, weren't you weirded out when the gang (excluding Boney) took a bath in the dirt and polluted material?

Well, I guess he got a sort of "epiphany". Perhaps he ended up power drunk and corrupted, making him betray his fellow Magipsies. Or… what if he was like that from the beginning and the others simply didn't mind much? Basically he probably was the black sheep of the group.
    There is no such thing as absolute. I would definitely call the capsule the Almost Absolutely Safe Capsule. But honestly… so you think they would have tried to see if the capsule wad truly impenetrable?

It's a nice game. I've watched a whole walkthrough on Internet and I really liked the plot. However, the enemies' random appearances can be quite annoying at times…

…Stupid autocorrect on my phone corrected the word. But yeah, that's what I meant. :/

Maybe. Perhaps they spin on themselves until they disappear, as an upgrade of Teleport Beta?
    Yeah, I've seen those sprites, even animated. It would have been a quite dark way to finish off his character, imo. It makes me kinda glad that they have preferred a more implicit way.

I don't remember that specific detail, but I remember readin that she indeed a quite significant increase in her stats. Which makes sense, considering who she is impersonating.

Probably there was going to be an event similar to Magiland, with the gang having to find out the truth.

Yeah, probably. However, that would have been a different version of the Teleport, if that was the case.
    Wow, they (it?) would have been quite creepy that way. Maybe it could have been the leading Porky Bot?

*facepalms* Yeah, him. I couldn't remember his actual name, at the moment.

I think in battle it could have used some kind of PK Flash, in a way similar to the "glorious light" in Earthbound. About the final effect… my theory is that they would have witnessed various disconnected memories of the destruction of the world and the White Ship, before Leder tells them what they truly mean.

Perhaps there was going to be a point where Duster rebels? Speaking of Duster… I remember seeing some unused sprites of him being circle by some kind of PSI/magic and zapped in another. Was him supposed to have PSI at some point, in your opinion?
    Thanks. That is very interesting stuff. :)

Probably, or maybe he was going to be a temporary character, kinda like Freddy from Mother 1.

That's definitely a possibility. With the amount of seemingly inanimate items attacking you, I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped a few of them, either because of time constraints or other reason. After all, Mother 3 had a quite difficult development.

Sounds a bit selfish to me, but that's a plausible theory. I mean, I probably would have done the same if somebody tried to "take away" a friend from me.
    I know that he is playable, but only in the 1st chapter. What I meant is him being playable for following chapters as well. But sure, you can send me the text.

Speaking of characters who could have been playable, wasn't there Everdred as well in Earthbound? They speculated that since he has a "death sprite" in the game.

I wonder what role in the plot they where going to have… maybe something akin to the Earthbound's possessed tent?

Maybe it could have been made in a way that they just wanted to test their skills? It isn't unusual for some games to ask the heroes to battle someone in order to see if said heroes are strong enough to handle a quest or something.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…