• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
bobjr
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• That's true. Of course, the great mystery (to me, anyway) will always be why people intentionally fixate on the bad if they hate them so much.

Probably. But doesn't a new series start more-or-less in line with the release of a new set of games? I guess you mean that they should just not make episodes weekly, but isn't that pretty much the standard way to do long-running anime? Or, they could do what the manga does and just make basically a new series that is on for a couple seasons for each new set of games. Anyway, it's probably a good thing you don't buy so many video games. I just realized that I bought a Wii U around Black Friday and I've yet to even open it. MONEY WELL SPENT.
    Somehow, I get the sense that it was no great loss to us?

Yeah, that easily sounds better than the Pokemon anime. And I do realize that the entire Pokemon anime basically relies on that formula, but it still would be different, possibly intriguing, to not already know every town/gym leader/Pokemon that is eventually going to make an appearance. For me, the main thing is if I could actually be bothered to spend that much time on it. If you haven't noticed, I'm always interested in new anime/video games/TV shows/etc., but I rarely ever actually get around to watching/playing them. Video games are especially bad, because I keep buying them anyway, afraid that they'll go out of print and be rare/expensive or something, so my backlog is beginning to become unmanageable.
    There was a whole monster sidekick craze? Huh, I didn't know. Actually, does that include, like, Neopets or whatever those little electronic keychain things were? I do remember a lot of people having those for, like, a few months back when. And yeah, I think to eight years old GrizzlyB, any word ending in "-mon" would've equaled "POKEMON RIPOFF, IT SUCKS!"

Is there even, like, a central Digimon narrative, or anything like that? I like Ash and all, but one reason the Pokemon manga is so much better is because they actually use new characters when they need to reset to a new region, plus they have more than one protagonist. Though I guess that Ash has new travelmates occasionally, but it's not like they ever get developed, either.
    When I was a kid, I used to get so mad about Digimon because of how it very flagrantly ripped off Pokemon (at least, I think it did. To this day, I've never looked into Digimon seriously). These days, I just think it's funny when things ride on the coattails of something successful.

Although I do remember hearing before that the anime is at least decent. But I think I'm getting to the point where I've watched enough anime that the novelty has worn off and I'm starting to get pissed at their repetitive cliches. (except tsunderes. I'm starting to fear that I may never get sick of tsunderes, God help me)
    I wish I could forget.

On the plus side, I still have yet to play BW2 and X/Y, so I am officially out of the Pokemon loop. I'm also considering watching the anime again, because it sounds exciting to be seeing everything in X/Y there for the first time instead of in the games and not have a frame of reference for how stupid it is. Talk me down!
    You do know Walmart marks every single amiibo as mature right? Pretty funny when the first one j bought there was Kirby
    You know, i just checked the debate thread, hoping the mindless, psuedo-intellectual, thinly veiled discriminatory bull had died down some.

Oh, how wrong i was.
    Probably 'cause Looper sounds like Wooper and who likes stupid Pogeymen amirite lol I mean wtf. btw I'm NOT stoned.
    Mysteries All Around sounds like a good name for a documentary-style TV mystery program I'm concepting, which stars Gary Busey misplacing his car keys and becoming befuddled by everyday objects in his home. Hosted by Elijah Wood.

There are others? Man, I knew it was an excellent movie, but I had no idea it was such a trendsetter.
    They can do that?

Not in the song, no. But in the classic and critically-acclaimed film, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, they do!
    I have no idea what that is, so I'm just going to do what I always do, which is jump to conclusions based on the extremely limited amount of information I do have: I ****ING HATE GAMERGATE!

I think so? All I know is that someone much wiser than myself once said on the subject, "All we are is dust in the wind, dude."
    Yes, but then who will I be ANGRY at?

Well, I hope you aren't kept up thinking about the heat death of the universe. That's what gets me, and I suspect I may be becoming a nihilist. I'd be depressed about it, but in 500 years, who'll know the difference?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…