• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Starlight Aurate

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh yeah? I haven't read The Picture of Dorian Gray; didn't actually know it was horror!

Hey, as long as you have a good time doing it (and are hopefully making bank into the bargain), I consider it fun. Good luck on your writing, too; sounds like you've been productive recently.
    Haha, oh, yeah, I have to admit that I read Tolkien once back in middle school and haven't been able to get through LotR again since. Not really my kind of fantasy, I guess.

Ah, nice! Well, I hope you have some fun things planned for your break.
    Hope you enjoy! And it was no trouble; always happy to point somebody in the direction of my favorites. And I'm doing fine; this week is a little hectic, but nothing too extreme. Hope you're enjoying the start of summer, too!
    It's actually Invincible. Not a Spider-Man book. I guess I wrote that confusingly. :) It's just called "Invincible".
    Hey, I saw your reply on the FF Mafia, and I figured I'd drop by to see what I could help with you as far as possible comic recommendations go. :)

So I'm reading your request again, and I see you mention liking Lord of the Rings. In that vein (slightly, at least... in the sense that it is a comic based on lore and mythological creatures and a well-researched world), I would recommend Hellboy. The comic is not very much like the movies that came out a few years ago that tried to make HB seem a bit more like a regular super hero. The best HB stories would be probably anything from The Third Wish onward (after he left America and started exploring Africa and Europe) or any of the short story collections (such as The Chained Coffin And Other Tales)

You also like the Inheritance Cycle, so that got me thinking about comics featuring a youthful protagonist coming into his/her own, and two my favorite ever titles, Invincible and Ultimate Spider-Man (not like the cartoon at all) fit that mold. Invincible can be a lot more mature and bloody (depending on your interest level there), but it's a fun, well-written title.

And, on a personal recommendation? As for probably my single favorite comic of all time? It's a four issue series called Kingdom Come which takes place in the future of the DC Universe after many of the most known characters have retired to make way for the new generation of heroes. This book still gives me chills when I read it.

Hope you get a chance to check any of these out.
    I think you'd enjoy Dianna Wynne Jones. Her Chronicles of Chrestomanci series would be a good place to start; they're about a powerful enchanter with nine lives and his various travails as he tries to keep magic in balance across multiple worlds. Howl's Moving Castle is also great, more a fairytale-ish kind of story; much better than the movie IMO.

Ooh, actually, since I figure you like dogs and stories about pet/owner relationships, you would probably love Dogsbody (also by DWJ). It's about the dog star Sirius, who gets turned into an actual earth-dog and sent to live with an earth family after being falsely convicted of murder.
    Terribly sorry for dropping the ball. D: I got caught up in other work, so it looks like I accidentally missed your deadline. Hopefully, things went well, though?
    Oh, finally saw your response to my review of Drowning and I'm so sorry there were things that confused you! I'll try and clear things up as soon as I can.
    XD They're a very interesting subject, most definitely. I love writing about them.

I've read the first few chapters of Drowning, actually, but I'll get around to catching up to it. And those surges are great! Never mind the piecing up together - that can come later. The more story you have written down, the easier it is to stitch it up together in the end. :D
    It's from ORAS, actually, but I do know there's a game that has a couple that this is supposed to refer to. And yeah, pretty sure you're one of the best people to ask about just how deep a grunt's story can get.

There's no pressure, really. It's more of trying to find what would work best for it at this stage. Whatever it is you do, I can't wait to read it. :)
    Haha, thanks! I vaguely based them off the Magma and Aqua couple in the Battle Resort. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really do like writing about the grunts.

Any plans on posting a revision of it? Or if you're gonna make a thread for the original one?
    Also, now that I've given it a proper read, thank you for your review! And sorry if those scenes you mentioned didn't have the right emotional impact - looking back, I think it's because I was kinda in a rush to get from plot point to plot point. Which I'll try to avoid in future projects.

Speaking of which my upcoming chaptered fic, Heroes After All, is also set in the distant past... Would you be interested in reading it?

EDIT: Also, Juan's just babysitting. :p
    Hey, since you said you were interested in it the revised version of Crater Dreams is here. Hope you enjoy!
    Aww, thank you! :D I'm hoping that it will be a ton of fun from here on out because aww yiss, things that get people talking.
    Saw your post in the Mafia, glad you're interested in Crater Dreams; I'll be revising and posting it when I find a good time to do so.

Also since you said you like that kind of thing I'm pleased to inform you that another idea I mentioned, Heroes After All, is also set in the distant past, specifically more than 1000 years ago. It's an idea I'm really looking to doing.
    im glad you liked it! I was actually worried it wasn't all that great, but I'm very happy to know it was enjoyable. Happy new year to you too (even if it's a day late)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…