• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Starlight Aurate

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• We're opposites there - I prefer white chocolate over dark chocolate because of the sweetness. Yeah, I do miss it, and burgers, but I'd rather not have my feet act up because I can't resist them. XD Letters of recommendation are usually reserved for the teachers you've successfully sucked up to before - at least, my college application letters were. Ahaha.

Ah, that's true. A lot of my college friends ended up coloring their hair because they knew it was their only opportunity to do so without feeling weird about it. I understand wanting attention (since who doesn't love some?) but I don't understand going through extreme measures just to get it.

No problem! Good luck with whatever's keeping you busy! :)
    XD same with the junk - it's always ice cream that gets to me. Biggest blow for me was peanut butter - I absolutely love it, and now I can't eat any because of my condition. x_x Ooh, that sounds amazing! I hope you get that opportunity! I'm sure you'll do great if you do. And ahh, that makes sense. Not sure if scholarships are hard to get by there but here's hoping you get one!

College is like the low-point of fashion though because everyone's just too lazy to exert any effort in anything that they don't enjoy. :p Yeah, I mean, more power to them and I admire their confidence, but you gotta wonder if any of that is comfortable for them. XD
    Hm, maybe it's the whole balanced diet thing that seems so hard to conform to nowadays. :p Here's hoping the medication and change of diet goes well for you! I myself have high uric acid so I can't eat beef and nuts and such, which is difficult when I'm out with friends and they all want to eat in a burger place. XD Yeah, from what you've described about your major it seems like there's a lot of fieldwork, so that should be exciting! And ah, scholarships for post-graduate studies? (I am also one of the rare ~millennials~ who have never seen the appeal of emojis so XD XD XD)

I don't get why comfort isn't the number one priority on all clothes - it's supposed to be what clothes are for! (Couldn't argue with that, haha.) And comfort extends to how you're presenting yourself, too, so I get you.
    But...isn't that a good thing? o_O I mean, that's as healthy as you can get from a meal...but eh. I'm pretty sure the monotony of a desk job would get me someday and I'd beg for a change of pace, which a Masters degree would give. It'll be a while before that outweighs my need for a steady income though! (Tell your friend that XD doesn't give a damn about what they think. psh. XD is here to stay.)

(That's dangerous in so many levels. XD) Huh, you make a good point about it being a girl thing, but I do know a lot of guys who also prefer them. I can't imagine it being as comfortable as it is with you girls though. And ack, I hope they don't get sick just because they wanted to bare more skin. That's far from worth it imo.
    Aw damn. It doesn't look like it's something you can control, though, so don't feel bad! It's definitely one of those hazy maybe-I'll-do-it-when-I'm-older plans, but I imagine it'll be like that someone you know in that I'll be in my 30s and want to go to school again because I'm bored. Haha. (XD My favorite recent one has to be :V because it looks so odd)

(...what have you done XD ) Haha, skinny jeans were a big thing when I was in college, although I could never imagine them being comfortable. One of my jeans is already "skinny" for me and apparently it's just regular jeans and I'm like how the hell do skinny jeans even work. XD Ooh, org shirts! They're really great if they get it just right (which is unfortunately not everytime here haha). Hey, that's still weeks of hard work so you should be proud of yourself! :p
    Ack, I hope it gets better! Did the doctor prescribe anything specific? And yeah, there's a different sense of accomplishment in being in a classroom just to learn. Although I'm sure if I ever go back to a classroom as a student I'll complain by the first day. XD (And (y) was my go-to emoticon on facebook when I was still chatting there hahaha so I get you)

(You won't believe what I've seen on Tumblr involving those two...freaking weird.) I think the only "trend" that I ever caught on back in high school was when hoodies suddenly became the new uniform, and that was only because they were actually pretty comfortable (albeit more expensive than I thought). But yeah, I get you with how stupid some of them really are. And kudos for actually making one! How long did it take you to make the dress?
    I think it's something to do with diet? Have a relative who also has it but I think she's doing fine. I'd like to think there is a way, what with those posts about free online courses being thrown around here and there, but there's no beating going back to a classroom I think. And thanks for the concern! I'm fine with talking about it, although I don't think there's anything else to say at this point, haha.

(...maybe.) Definitely, not to mention how expensive some of these clothes can get. And haha, haven't read that quote yet but that's so true!
    Oh damn. Well, at least you'll get it checked soon! And if ever it does turn out to be something, at least you caught it before it's had an effect on you. Yeah, I think it's much better to try things out first before committing to something. Much more exciting that way I think! And I didn't mean it that way at all! I think it's good that we're discussing this precisely because I don't get a chance to do so IRL. So it's a good thing, don't worry! :)

If anything, the condescending look does fit him, seeing as he's more of the standoffish type as opposed to Archie's rowdy type. (That's why they're perfect together! Ahaha.) Clothes in general are just so confusing anyway that sometimes I wonder how people even become up to date with that kind of stuff. XD
    Hmm, interesting. I obviously won't be able to give you any advice but I do hope you figure it out! I'm sure you still have it in you, though - years of honing a skill doesn't just disappear like that after all! Yeah, that's always what I say my reason is for not taking up Masters and sticking with a job - the former requires money while the latter actually gives me money. XD Both need a lot of time, too, but you only get paid for one of them. Haha. It's a funny subject to talk about personally since I never really open it up to anyone except maybe some close friends who think the same way.

Was referring to that when I said stockings, too, since it seems like it's a full-body thing that's just...how the hell? XD Those are way too trendy for someone like me! It'll destroy my "I couldn't care less" aesthetic :p
    Ahh, so that must get rough then! And when you're on the offensive I guess it becomes the other way around? And whoa, that's a really long time, so you must be really good then! Maybe Team Aqua has water polo teams that you can join in XD Huh, that's actually a valid reason not to go through with the doctorate. Never really thought about it that way since fatherhood isn't in my plans at all, but I can see how that's a better use of your time. :p

The weird stockings are what really destroy the look. It's just...every word that's the opposite of practical and comfortable. I was sort-of put off by the glasses too, but then when they revealed it was where his key stone was placed I became a bit jealous - and I don't even wear glasses. XD
    Not really, but I can sort of understand from what you've explained! I can assume what you're defending is a goal at least? XD How long have you been playing? Oh, so you're gonna go all the way! That's really awesome, though I can understand the hesitation. There's a lot of things I miss about school but there's a lot of things I don't miss, too. :p

Yeah, I've seen one but it was only on TV. I think it was one of those red carpet things where people show off what they're wearing? I remember I found it weird XD It seems like a lot of hassle. Maxie's may be more uncomfortable (full-body warmers??) but at least it seems easier to put on.
    XD But it really is admirable! I'm not really familiar with water polo but do you have a certain role there? And I'm sure you'll figure things out with jobs once you get there. That's what I did at least - I was too stressed out about finishing school to think about jobs that I only stressed out about jobs once I submitted my thesis. Worked out well enough! And haha, at least that didn't cause too much trouble.

Ah, haha, didn't even notice that! I do know that there are some dresses that actually have that kind of style but I honestly don't get it. I mean, isn't wearing shorts revealing the same amount of skin but isn't as awkward? XD And right?? It's like he has to jump into the suit just to wear it.
    Oh damn, that's impressive! I always get fascinated hearing about what sports other people are in, and then I feel bad because I have absolutely no exercise whatsoever. x_x Sportiness isn't shared by my family and close relatives either - I can probably count in one hand how many of them are "physically fit". And the bucket story makes me laugh because there's this one weapon type in Splatoon (the Wii U squid shooter game) that's a bucket, which is my favorite weapon, and seeing it actually be effective in dealing damage in real life is both hilarious and scary. Hope that lady didn't cause you any trouble though!

Ah yeah, I remember you mentioning that in one of your reviews (or review replies? not sure). But yeah, you don't have to play it to know that the uniforms make little sense. I love how they redid Shelly's overall appearance but yeah, her uniform makes as much sense as Archie's (which doesn't at all. I mean, how does he even wear it?)
    That makes a lot of sense now that you say it! :p I imagine it's also good for your health, too, so biking really is one of those things that more people should start doing. If only you can tell that to the people here. x_x And dang that seizure story is crazy. I hope that lifeguard's okay. And, well, depending on how heavy the complaining was, I hope the lady got what she deserved. >_>

I'm sure you'll do great. Just think of the bees as Combee! I actually found Tabitha's design change really funny, and his goofy appearance did make his threats much more dynamic. I can see where you're coming from, though. The new uniforms are very over-the-top (aside from the new Team Aqua grunt ones which I think was really cool!) and while the theatrical side of me loves them, the practical side leaves me wondering how they can even handle wearing them. Haha.
    Oh wow, that's awesome! I wish biking was more popular here, would definitely reduce the traffic and make everything cleaner. In any case though I don't think I could bike to my workplace since it's pretty far. XD That's awesome! Anything interesting or weird you witnessed?

Haha, I could imagine it takes some time to get used to, but I'm glad that it's working out so far! Yeah, there was quite a lot of room for improvement for both teams that ORAS was automatically an improvement as long as they changed something, and it definitely was! Now they're pretty popular though, for quite a number of reasons. :p
    Heh, sorta like that. When I left my previous job I knew I wouldn't be able to progress anyway, so yeah. It's urban, yeah, but most of the jobs are focused on a few select cities that are a bit far from where I live, hence the travel time. Add to that how traffic is the worst and it makes for very tiring travels. XD And haha, that's fair. Were you a swimming pool lifeguard or a beach lifeguard?

That's definitely the type of class I would've appreciated back in college :p In the months leading to ORAS I saw so many posts that made fun of how unrealistic Magma and Aqua's goals were that it was insane. But hey, at least you worked your way around it with your fic!
    Yeah, definitely. My boss in my previous job wasn't someone I always agreed with, which pretty much explains why I only lasted half a year there. XD If anything, if ever I look for another job it'll be one closer to home and not one that needs an hour or two to travel, but that's easier said than done given the traffic here. >_> And ooh, you were a lifeguard? How was it?

Ohh, so it seems like you can take it in your pace. That's awesome! The flexibility makes it much more manageable. If anything, you can refute Magma and Aqua's plans right off the bat if you attended one of their rallies. XD
    It's not the best thing in the world, but it's not the worst. XD It gets pretty boring and tedious, but at least the office doesn't block websites. :p I don't plan on sticking around too long, but I don't have any plans on where to go next yet. Plus, my boss is awesome, which is really rare so there's that. It's definitely not an industry I want to pursue, though.

Ah, that's interesting! For online classes, is there like a set time where you have to attend? I've heard of them but never really understood the mechanics. (Well, their aim is to disrupt nature, and you're studying nature so... ??? hahaha)
    Hm, somewhat? I work for a magazine, so my bosses are all of the editors of the magazine. My job is basically focused on researching for the stories in the magazine, but I've done some writing in it too. Becoming an editor is definitely the biggest promotion for me, but that's way down the line, and I'm not really interested since the magazine's a business magazine. :p

Ooh, that's awesome! It's the first time I've ever heard of a beekeeping class, so I imagine it's really interesting! Also pretty awesome that you're thinking of minoring in Chinese - that'll become a very unique combination if you push through with it. (And if anything your fascination for Magma and Aqua suddenly makes more sense, haha.)
    An editorial assistant is more accurate, haha. It's fun and hectic at the same time, which is more than I could ask for in a job. :p

How about you? I know you're a student but what's your, uhh, is it major? Haha.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…