• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Blue Saturday
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I never liked the Ash vs Clemont story. You knew in advance Clemont was going to lose and with all the Ash glorification it made Clemont the underdog and he still lost. Sawyer faces the same fate now in the Kalos League. I doubt he'll win. Ash was simply a impossible obstacle to overcome because he's the main character and thus is protected more then any character. Clemont is a character I'm going to look back on and just see wasted potential. Bonnie too. And despite one some say, I think Serena suffered as well with such a lame goal. I found all three of their interactions with Ash forced. To be fair I think Ash's chemistry with characters has been artificial since DP. It feels like characters are forced to cater to his personality rather then it flowing naturally and it's just another thing I don't like about him as the main character. The sidekicks are forced to carry the show from that regard. I liked XY at the start but it fizzled out and was just a Ash glorification season. It became a chore and the characters that all started off interesting just didn't live up to the potential they could have had. I'm pretty tired of the Pokemon anime these days.
    I started gym a week and a hal ago, I feel ... fine so far, I mean, I'm still in the beggining part where the pain makes you wish to be dead, but at least I've lost a couple of kilos (I don't know how to convert them in pounds) and it's going well, I don't buy coffee anymore, I go weekdays from 2 to 3 pm, which is cool because is almost empty and I don't get to wait to use the stuff ... but uncool at the same time because there are no trainers and I have to go to do whatever makes me sweat without supervision.
    You do MMA?, WOW, that's all kinds of awesome :O ... I still can't work with the punching bag properly XD, actually, I still learning how to jump a rope.

Yeah, I'm mexican, living in Mexico, and about my hair ... well, I've always short because it's curly, I HATE curly hair, it's annoying, makes you sweat a lot and itches, I cut as soon as I can because I actually like to have short hair.

Pokémon anime so far has been so underwhelming that I can only think in one thing to ask ... what do you think Sun & Moon will bring: A new generation or Kalos 1.5?
    Thank goodness. Spritzee creeped me out and it would have been way to stereotypical to just put one on her. I'm waiting for the day where we get a girl character with ugly powerful brute Pokemon as her team, just to be different. It'll never happen but that is the kind of female lead I'd want to see.
    Discussions around here have changed since I joined. Most of the people I spoke with during the DP era are gone now. I guess it's to be expected. People grew out of Pokemon. I'm shocked sometimes I still stand with Pokemon. There's something about it that keeps me around no matter what. Not sure about all the tags and shipping stuff but I hope Sun and Moon revives the anime for me. I most desperately need it.
    I agree this upcoming Serena episode should have happened much sooner. I'd actually prefer she used her own Pokemon in battle but I guess that's just me hoping for too much, especially at this point. Still it looks to be probably one of the better Serena episodes XY will give us all region. I would have very much enjoyed Serena with her game quest of being strong. But given this was the Ash glory season I don't see how they would have fit her in. Her Kalos performance quest was made short to be done with early. I really hope next generation treats the sidekicks better. I'm really hoping for that.
    I haven't played ORAS actually. I never bought into the hype. I just played my old Sapphire and Emerald games. The XY games I did like, but there were some laziness factors. Team Flare seemed like one of them. Not a lot of post game quest either. I liked XY but there wasn't enough replay value as opposed to like Platinum which I love to replay. Anime wise yeah, I have no problem with the main character being on his game but this was too much, too in my face. Especially at the expense of so many new characters that need the exposure and they are going to put everything on a character that's been here since the 90's? No wonder characters aren't as popular as they could be they don't get enough. XY was just a chore to get through and I'm on the fence about Sun and Moon. I guess we'll see.
    Haha, I actually only want not to be tired all day long, I remember having more energy when I'm doing exercise ... and it would be nice going upstairs without getting tired, my first goal is losing weight, fat people clothes is really exaggerated, is not only wide, its long in the legs too, I trip a lot with the pants (-_-), and maybe some good exercise could help me to sleep better.
    About the food ... well, I've never been a Mc Donald's fan, their burgers are so freaking small, I only go there for the afternoon coffee, and there is no Taco Bell in Mexico, but it looks really artificial, I like to eat because I actually like to cook but ... well, I think I could be just fine if I only have something "nice" to eat once a week.

You said something about your hair, what do you do with it?, dye it?, cut it?, leaving it long?

I think I'll skip the MC ranting, I've been saying enough, but actually what bugs me the most is not how much screentime he gets, but how much screwed over his companions are because of said screentime, they easily are the most underwhelming companions Ash ever had, Tracey at least had the excuse of being only one year.

I totally forgot about Ice Beam, that was actually my argument about Goodra returning, and I think it's really likely because if Ash gets a sixth capture, it will feel very rushed, but it's totally fine, I like Goodra XD
    Game wise I'm excited. Always excited for new Pokemon critters. Anime wise I'm wary. XY was in my opinion, a very disappointing series with a few good things that just barely kept me watching. But with Serena's goal done and Clemont and Bonnie just floating around I'm pretty much done watching XY. If this is the future of Pokemon, and Ash keeps getting this much glorification I'm out. I don't need the Pokemon anime to be a Pokemon fan anymore.
    I guess I could give it a shot, maybe that would help me to not feel tired or anxious all day long, also, I don't like what I look in the mirror every morning :/ ... and there's clothes that I don't fit anymore ... and honestly, I prefer working out than buy new clothes, I HATE buying clothes ... but yeah, I think I'll do it, for a strange coincidence, lots of people that I know are getting into working out.

I haven't seen Master Class yet, but a major competition with 2 episodes is something new ... and not in a good way, the whole Performance thing looks like something writers made just to make Serena look relevant ... and miserably failing at it.

At this point, I think Goodra will be the only option, I don't think they will make Ash going to the League with 5 Pokémon, he has to have at least one full match at the League and reserves are not subtitutes for Kalos promotion ... it's a shame, I wanted Ash with a Kalos Grass-type, all of them were really cool
    And don't forget Korrina's who Japanese name is supposedly "Corni". How...corny. .__. Then again we're talking about the same franchise that named an icy blue bird after a part of a refrigerator (Articuno). Not bad names considering I actually know a number of Gen V Pokemon's Japanese names.

Shauna should have had a Venusaur by now but nah the writers stuck her with an Ivysaur and a Flabebe for the Master Class.
    I do like Serena but I have my share of issues with her too. The late start and going 40 episodes of doing nothing was terrible and frankly I think this is what ultimately hurt the character. She didn't even have half of what it takes for Pokemon to make a good goal storyline like the usually do for the girls. I like Serena but I hope they don't try and do this again. Ad like you said she's likely doing nothing for the last half of XY so it just feels like the girl really got cheated this region. Clemont too. Honestly only Ash benefited this region.
    ----------
    Well obviously Trova and Tierno will watch for Sana, Pansy + Viola probably were just passing by and noticed it being broadcasted, Corni / Lucario / ME-Guru were probably just generally watching TV and took an interest in the performances, of course Grace for Serena and lastly Platane + Lab Scientists for Serena.

Speaking of which, Platane you jerk! You're suppose to be trying to find a cure for Manon's ill Hari-san or trying to find out what the heck Puni-chan is. Not watching little girls frolic on a stage.
    ----------
    Wait who is this "pansy" person you refer too? Alexa isn't by any means a "pansy".

:p
    I actually was ... well, "am", honestly in the same point as you were before: I don't feel like I "belong" to a single genre of music, but I keep the positive thing about it and enjoy the uniqueness of each gender ... of course, there are kinds that I hate no matter how they sound (that Pitbull s*** for example).

By now, I can't really feel involved in Pokémon XYZ, I mean ... Serena will be background fodder and shipping bait for thirty-something episodes when her Tripokalon train wreck gets the axe (in a two episodes-arc ... TWO EPISODES), Clemont is getting something worse than the Brock treatment ... he's getting the Tracey treatment, being in the background while every single character shines more than him and getting episodes "focused" on him that are mostly fillers, Puni Chan being in the movie poster makes me think that the Flare Arc will be very dragged along, and if the results will be as crappy as XYZ has been so far, then I think that will affect Kalos League too because I don't believe writers will be able to handle it with Flare Arc at the same time
    Glad to know about the music fest, it seems you really enjoyed it :D

XY season as a whole has only been enjoyable for Ash fanboys because he has been doing well ... but curbstomping his rivals and breezing his way through Kalos making every single female (and Clemont) drooling for him is not my idea of "enjoyable", after mid Johto, Ash became a hollow shell that must fulfill his duties as main character because Pikachu needs a stroller, that's why I'm here just for the companions, and the Blonde Squad has been really subpar and I don't think they will redeem themselves in the proverbial 40 episodes XY has left.
    Serena spent 40 episode doing nothing but being a hollow waifu, and it looks like she will finish her run the same way because her crappy career will get the axe this month, I'm ready to see her fading in the background worshiping Ash because let's face it, in episodes where she is not the focus, that's her role.
    Clemont had a great start, but it was only a 6-month sample, then he became another Ash fanboy and nothing else, people think he will get a great arc with Blaziken Man, but I can almost ensure that it will be a crappy 2-parter (at most) that Ash will somehow hog for himself.
    People says that Iris & Cilan were the worst handled characters on the whole series, but at least they didn't faded in the background most of the times when they weren't getting focus.
    Seriously, I don't think nothing could be worse than Serena and Clemont in terms of wasted potential and badly handled support characters, but the writing staff seems to be taking it as a personal challenge
    Happy New Year ... and Valentine's Day D: ... sure, it has been ages, but that just should give you an idea about how invested I've been with XYZ, seriously dude, I haven't watched the series in the last 2 months, since the December break, I haven't been in the mood to watch what's been happening because ... DAMN!, Serena and Clemont are reaching Tracey levels of blandness :/, and now that writers decided to give the axe to No Contests (potentially) 6 months before Gen VII comes along, I'm afraid about what will Serena do before she leaves ... because I know what will be: Shipping fodder, and Clemont as expected, after the Lumiose fiasco, he got nothing, not even a little arc, not even an episode about his dreams or goals ... nothing, heck, even Bonnie is getting more involvement in the Flare arc than him, there is a lot to cram into the gap between now and Sun & Moon: Ash's sixth Pokémon, his eight badge, Flare finale, Kalos league ... they are not gonna make it, I know they won't, but, actually, writers did a terrific job making me not giving a crap about the Ash Fanclub and I honestly can't wait to see them leave
    And I just wanted Kalos to have a better postgame. :I

Hopefully Sun and Moon or whatever we get will feel more complete.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…