• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Rezzo
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Also - I just saw your RYM profile for the first time. I don't know if I expected you to like Hissing Fauna and Age of Adz so much, but I agree with your assessment.

'77 Live is amazing, too. Although I only made it past the first track before I realized I needed to really set aside time to focus on this one.

When did you join RYM? I have an account and I really need to fill it out with more than like three ratings but I have so much music downloaded and I feel like everything would just end up super-inflated anyway.
    Oh man, let's see. And The Ambulance Died In His Arms is a live album with a few long tracks that are mostly improvisations. John is pretty clearly drunk and it's pretty sad to listen to but it's also pretty amazing. Musick to Play in the Dark Vol. 2 is similar to the original but weirder and a little more ambient (and it has Batwings which is definitely one of their best songs). Black Antlers is sort of unique but it's kind of in-between MTPITD and Ape of Naples, with some longer weirder tracks and some sadder darker ones mixed in (their version of All The Pretty Little Horses in particular). The bonus tracks are pretty average, though. Backwards was an unreleased album from the mid-90's that finally surfaced sometime last year, although I think every track but one made it onto either Ape of Naples or The New Backwards in some form or another. It's an interesting mix of their dance side and their more atmospheric side - and if you've ever wanted to hear Heaven's Blade or It's In My Blood as dance-floor bangers (complete with John's sequenced screams on the second one), you've got it right here. Moon's Milk is a compilation of a few different EPs so it ranges in style a lot but it's pretty consistently amazing and it has bar none the best version of Amethyst Deceivers. They're all worth a listen.
    I'll definitely check out everything you mentioned from Boredoms, thanks for the advice. I know the later albums are a lot different from the earlier ones so I'll probably start with Pop Tatari. The crazy playful noisy vibe sounds like a lot of fun.
    I have listened to Trout Mask Replica lmao, it was only a few months ago that I finally gave it a complete run-through. I've heard it's one of those albums that either you love or you hate, which I can definitely see. I'm somewhere in the middle on it right now, though, I love bits and pieces of it but I probably need to give it another complete run-through before I really love it. I love how it doesn't take itself seriously, though. A few lines genuinely made me laugh with how absurd they were.

And I know I've mentioned him before, but I've had Elliott Smith on repeat pretty much every day for months so the next time you're in the mood you should check out XO or his s/t
    Fire Emblem Fates
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    A Link Between Worlds
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    Tales of the Abyss
    SONIC BOOM
    Project X Zone/2
    Mario Kart 7
    Super Mario 3D Land
    Oh and speaking of which, what are your favorites from Coil's discography? So far I've heard Ape of Naples, Black Antlers, Ambulance Died In His Arms, Moon's Milk, Backwards, and both volumes of MTPITD. I'm thinking of going to LSD next because I really love the rendition of Teenage Lightning off that one.
    Unrelated - I think I've asked you this before, but where do I start with Boredoms? I've tried to give Vision Creation Newsun a go but it was really late at night so I fell asleep after a song or two - and as I understand that album isn't indicative of the rest of their sound anyway.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…