• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Ryohei
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I mean, I have to clone the events anyway and I can clone in batches hahah. If you really don't need clones back then I won't but it's no trouble!
    Oh good! I'm ready, just hadn't seen your message hahah. I'm coming on!
    Kay so, my list in my trade thread is up to date. I have a very short list of all the flawless Pokemon I own so it's not so hard to search. From now on save yerself some time and check there. For now, the answer is no to that, sorry. @@
    I'll be around for the next few hours before I get to bed!
    You never know though. RNG is an actual thing so it might have been RNG'éd in gen III.

Some people can do deep hack checks on pokemon so if you really want to know I can maybe find someone that could do a deep hack check for you.
    maybe send me the info of your other shiny mew in a masterball?

We might have the same one xD

Idk, if a shiny mew has a japanese OT name and is in a masterball and has really bad stats that seems pretty legit to me.

Too risky to use a bunch of dive balls on a shiny mew, you might make it faint from struggle if you don't have a good spore mon. and if the stats are bad then it wasn't even RNGéd it was just luck.

anyway here's the info on my other shiny mew.

"potential above average"
    Sp Atk = fantastic stats

modest

masterball

Hoen region

Thoroughly cunning

ID. No. : 57342

but it never hurts to ask for a different one!

you never know who is on the website and what they might have to offer :)

People from all over visit serebii so it never hurts to look for what you seek :)
    Also as far as I can tell even though Eppie used an emulator it is still considered legit for some reason probably because he didn't use any hacks he still used RNG and an in game glitch to get it, although I don't know why they wouldn't consider an English Old Sea Map mew to be legit since I'm pretty sure you can walk through walls in those version too.

Anyway if you want more info on eppie mews here's his old trade thread on smogon.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/x-y-cave-new-shiny-trevenant-shiny-aegislash.3468147/
    Oh I see it was poke festa that distributed the original Old Sea map. Too avoid convusion with traders I would just call it Old sea Map because there is a gen IV event mew in a cherish ball that was also pokefesta.
    I've actually done a fair amount of research on Eppie and he has several shiny mews he RNGéd on a japanese cartridge but the only one that is free to distribute is the adamant one that is 2 points away from flawless in a dive ball (i think all of his shiny mews are in dive balls) the catch is though that it was on an emulator and I believe he had to use a walk through walls glitch to get to far away island.

yea I think the poke festa mew is different than the far away island mew and comes with a fixed OT and ID No.

Old sea map mew is considered a wild pokemon and gets the users own OT and Id no and was only released in Japan.

As for other Old Sea Map Mews that are shiny, I actually have two Old Sea Map Mews that are shiny. The Eppie one uses the latin letters for the OT. The one I have has a japanese name for OT so I think it is likely from a retail cartridge and they used a masterball to catch it.

I need a friend that can read Japanese to see if the OT name actually makes sense or if it's just gibberish but I suspect the other one I have that is not Eppie is from a retail cartridge.

So yea that's most of what I know about shiny mews.

Shiny mews that are not from Eppie are pretty rare on english sites because only Japan got the Old Sea Map and even then you still had to SR for it or just get really lucky.
    hey there just wanted to let you know according to kevin, the only legit shiny mew is the Old Sea Map Mew from a Japanese Emerald game.

I guess events can't be shiny unless they are guranteed to be shiny, otherwise shiny locked :(

at least according to kevin, but he is a pretty serious event collector so he as probably investigated it before.
    Cool! I anticipate being home at my normal time (so like 5 hours from now).
    Oh sure! Usual 2 clones for each?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…