• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Solsabre
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Its okay. Work was crazy for me this past month so I totally relate to that. I've been trying to find time to post myself.
    So if you go with that class route, this is my preferred progression:

Technician - develops and refines magic-based technology
    |
    Engineer (modern tech & magic)/Artificer (ancient artifice & magic)
    Ok, this is what I currently have written out:

Intro
    Backstory
    Player Role
    Magic
    Technology
    The Modular Weapon

Is there anything you can think of that I might be missing?
    I'm a little wary of that kind of thing: that requires making the animal a character themselves.
    (add this to the last big paragraph I sent)

Humanity is not the only species that thrives on the presence of the leylines. Fantastic creatures abound across Arcadia, strengthened by magic. The most terrible of these creatures, however, are the Skourge, nightmarish things that appeared at a relatively recent point in human history. Unlike most species, who form mutual relationship with the leylines, the Skourge seek only to consume. Areas with large numbers of Skourge cause the leylines to warp and the land to wither. Since their appearance, the Skourge have caused the near-extinction of many other plant and animal species.

Their presence has cause humanity to retreat and consolidate its presence to the Strongholds: massive, self-sufficient cities. Each city creates its own social and economic bubble behind its high walls. Cities compete with one another for mineral rights and strategic resources located in the wilds beyond their borders, where certain doom awaits the unprepared. To protect its citizens each city sponsors and supports the Arcadian Military Academies, schools where they train the next generations in the proper use of magic, science, and combat to ensure that humanity survives.

At the Academies, the students are drafted into platoons; each with their own name and number assigned to them. These platoons operate as a “family” of sorts. They train together, study together, and live together. In turn, they represent their city in competitions for resources, protect the city and its interests when called upon, and compete with one another for recognition and status.

You are a student at the Military Academy of Halcyon, recently drafted into the Thirteenth Platoon. The summer lull has ended, and training is about to begin again in earnest.
    I don't see why not. Individuals may have an affinity for certain magics the same way they might have an affinity for certain weapons. Powering technology, however is done with more "raw" magic rather than elemental energy.
    Are there variations in the type of magic available to users? Say some one is more sensitive to water-affiliated or lightning-affiliated magic? Or are you going with a more generic 'life' energy to power technology and science?
    My summary of magic and science.

In Arcadia, the world is held together by the leylines, alignments between places of power. The very energy of the planet flows through these lines, bringing life and vitality to the world and all those in it. As a result, human civilization has grown and flourished along the leylines. Humans have learned to harness the power of the planet’s life energy to manipulate the world around them: an act referred to as “magic.†In the distant past, only the most sensitive and intuitive of individuals could tap the power of the leylines and use basic magic. But as their expertise grew, so too did their understanding of magic. They continually pushed the envelope of what they knew: their knowledge expanded, as did their prowess. By understanding magic, these ancient sages learned how to better manipulate it, and from this science was born. Utilizing magically-enhanced materials: those with more sensitivity and strength, these first scientists were able to invent crude devices that greatly improved their own magical prowess. Thus they were able to create new materials and cleaner, more efficient energy sources that would improve these devices, provide stronger building materials, and even more accurate manipulation of the leylines. Magic and science, hand in hand, each one strengthening the other.
    My leaning now is on a Final Fantasy-type setting, a mix of tech and magic. I'm just trying to figure out the amounts of each and the proportions.
    Yeah, the Academy concept would be less..."high stakes" than either Armored Core or the Guild idea...simply because of the scope of it. Armored Core is literally about the "soul" of humanity and the monsters at our core (get it?): "You can call yourself whatever you want: soldier, patriot, revolutionary. It doesn't matter. At our core, we're all the same thing: monsters." Whereas the Guild concept is more along the lines of a worldwide survival story.

I've seen a few Academy/Guild-style anime: chrome Shelled Regios, Fairy Tale, God Eater...but not much else, I dont think. I still like the idea of exploring something different from what direction I've always tended to go. I like the concept of a contained set of stakes, political agendas, social tensions, etc. There are different tiers/classes/etc that play into it. It just seems fun.

District -> Academy -> Squad -> Individual ... That's so many different levels of tension and conflict! I just...man, I've never run an RPG like this really. And I'm still trying to figure out what kind of Academy this is going to be...Magic? Mech? Dragon-rider? :/
    So do you have any thoughts on the potential RPGs? You guys seemed to be most interested, and I'm still pretty unsure on the direction I'm looking to take this one.
    No problem! I tried to incorporate the feedback I got from the RP Ideas and Wishes thread. So I went with a more freeform style RP, with plenty of lore, but still a light enough tone where I can put in a lot of my trademark snarky humor. I love how its turned out so far. Working on adding more realms and such as we speak, lol.
    Oh yes, it's enough. But uh, it's partly my fault since I forgot to add it to the header, but Valentina's main form is Plutomon, not Cerberumon Werewolf Mode.
    Oh sure! I'd love that. I wanted to interact with your characters too. Hmm... But which ones would you like to interact?

I'd like Finn/Titus to interact with Valentina (and by extension, Sawyer). And maybe Homer could talk Ayas since he wants to more of the outside world and Sura could talk to Kovu.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…