• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Br0k3n s0Ul
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Okaydoke :)

Currently simultaneously reading the His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman. Have you read it? The film was called The Golden Compass.
    Thank you. I meant in the academic sense - though previously home educated and thus unfamiliar with the curriculum, that wasn't the reasoning for my placement in year ten rather than eleven.

The prologue in Dragon Sent is a bit hard to read towards the end. I think it's because of the ambiguity of what's being said. It's good to have the characters as anonymous, however I think towards the end of the prologue they become a tad too mixed.

I'm going to post a small part of the prologue.

[SP] The other conspirator raised an eyebrow, “And the subject, do you still have control over her?”

“Do you even have to ask?” questioned the roaring voice furiously, “The venom has subdued her will entirely and her… recruits… are suppressed by the fear she wields.”[/SP]

The part where they say ""Do you even have to ask?" questioned the roaring voice furiously" is not a line I'm particularly fond of, for it brings in hostility a bit too quickly. That's good if you want to show the character's temperamental nature, however something about the way the sentence doesn't seem to fit the writing that precedes it. Perhaps it's "roaring furiously". Sorry I couldn't be more specific.

However, I think overall this is a cool prologue; I particularly like how you made the characters anonymous. It's quite clever.

Unfortunately that's all I can do for now, gtg :)

Edit: so apparently idk how to use spoiler tags lol
    No, school. I'm a year lower than the usual for my age. If I'd joined in the correct year, I would've missed half my creative digital media course. Also, until I went to school in year 10 (so year 11 age) last year, I had been home educated. I'm not sure if that factored in to it, but I would wager that I'm not stupid, so presumably it wasn't due to that.
    I am unable to read the book in its entirety atm. When I have read further, I will give you some feedback?
    Either or sounds good. Also, thanks, because that inadvertently reminded me to take a book for the trip to school, and my headphones, and I always forget.
    Don't worry, many stories sound cliché when you get them down the rudimentals - including mine, so I'm not one to judge. Well, when it's finished, if it's ever finished, and you're rich and famous, I'll be sure to buy it. What's it called?
    Fair enough, I was already intending to keep that in mind, but you reinforced it, so thanks. This book you speak of - what is it about?
    I have this problem constantly with words such as 'phrontistery' and 'amphibology' - I probably come off as over-eager. I can usually incorporate new words in to a written story with ease, however, verbally I probably appear quite pompous. Oh well, I suppose it's a learning curve.
    Lucida
    Astronomy. the brightest star in a constellation

I also had trouble finding it (in fact I didn't, I had to find a note I'd made of it). So, there you go. I like that word a lot.

That made me laugh, so, er, well done? I also find myself using 'redundant' excessively. Perhaps it's because it bolsters my image and makes me appear smarter than I am aha.
    Merriam-Webster? I subscribed to their Word A Day but have since been disappointed. However I have got some lovely words from its main site, such as Lucida, and confirmation that Impavid and Abbozzo are real. So that's not to say that it's not useful, just that I like complaining, apparently. Plus Lucida is a very scenic word that I had no idea how to incorporate without sounding wildly off-topic or possibly cheesy.

Yes, the purpose of this message is basically just to flaunt "Lucida". Also, it's quite likely I'm presenting as garrulous... my bad.
    Hello! Sorry if this seems a bit out of the blue; we've never conversed before. It's just that from reading your autobiography I got the feeling you took an interest in words. That piqued my interest as I have a bit of a passion for them. I'm just wondering, what kind of sources do you educate yourself with pertaining to vocabulary?

I tend to use dictionaries and interesting websites such as phrontistery.info.

Apologies if I came off a bit strong.
    [Welp, LU was just closed upon request. Apparently the clan leader is leaving Serebii.

I think I'm gonna join another guild. Take a guess which. ;)]
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…