• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
TheCharredDragon

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• She's FIGHT. I told all of them to Mon, if you want to go a-snooping.

Becuase the woodland creature has a heart and liver that can be given to the evil queen in place for him. (In the original story, the Evil Queen wants Snow White's heart and liver. Woo!)
    I want Ama to be the Main Dwarf, the Doc so to speak, but Linda can be Happy. I'm probably not going to follow the disney version as much as the fairy tale itself, so we'll see. I am going to actually write this though.

I actually am going to have it end up in a draw. I'm not going to include powers in this remake, just personality, so it ends in a draw, and Lucas kills some woodland creature to give to Archie.
    Sure, you can go ahead and ask him. We're almost at the end of Scenario 1 and I'm planning to open Sign-Ups again, so if he doesn't want to continue I'll make Honesty available.

All right, I'll see what kind of post I can whip up next week for Mythos.
    Yeah I am. Schade seems to have vanished from this RP so I am considering moving on without him. I would like a recap of what's happened in Mythos - my characters and their powers seemed to be kinda useless for the scenario in the end so any chance to be able to get back into the plot would be appreciated.
    Oh, yes! Sorry, I forgot to confirm that in the discussion thread. I've been away more than usual due to work for a while that I missed that, but things are settling down now so I am getting back in the grove.
    Saaame. I think one's gonna be a good one!

OH MY GOSH THAT'S WHY HE LOOKED FAMILIAR! I couldn't place why he felt so familiar, that's why! (I understand, I've used Lucas's brothers and even Caleb Hoffman in RP's because hey, family is a great way to farm characters.)
    Joshua is going to take one look at Sunny and be like "OH MY GOSH YOU'RE ALMOST AS TALL AS I AM!"
    It's a sinkhole that leads into the ground; deep beneath it, so if any evil spirits or whatever the restless dead or stuff, if it somehow corrupts the earth enough, Lanaya should be able to feel that something's wrong. If Sullivan is in sufficient danger as well, Lanaya will feel an urge to rush to his aid, no matter the distance. It's more like a ancestral connection, since Enkidu and Gil were best buddies 4 life. And then he'll come to the sinkhole and do his mud business.
    Should prolly check who's still in/wants to be in the RP and who doesn't. Anyway, I was planning to involve myself and Kaede somehow within the sinkhole investigation. Perhaps if something happens and if Lanaya can somehow feel something he would go. It'll probably have to involve Sullivan though.
    (add this to the last big paragraph I sent)

Humanity is not the only species that thrives on the presence of the leylines. Fantastic creatures abound across Arcadia, strengthened by magic. The most terrible of these creatures, however, are the Skourge, nightmarish things that appeared at a relatively recent point in human history. Unlike most species, who form mutual relationship with the leylines, the Skourge seek only to consume. Areas with large numbers of Skourge cause the leylines to warp and the land to wither. Since their appearance, the Skourge have caused the near-extinction of many other plant and animal species.

Their presence has cause humanity to retreat and consolidate its presence to the Strongholds: massive, self-sufficient cities. Each city creates its own social and economic bubble behind its high walls. Cities compete with one another for mineral rights and strategic resources located in the wilds beyond their borders, where certain doom awaits the unprepared. To protect its citizens each city sponsors and supports the Arcadian Military Academies, schools where they train the next generations in the proper use of magic, science, and combat to ensure that humanity survives.

At the Academies, the students are drafted into platoons; each with their own name and number assigned to them. These platoons operate as a “family†of sorts. They train together, study together, and live together. In turn, they represent their city in competitions for resources, protect the city and its interests when called upon, and compete with one another for recognition and status.

You are a student at the Military Academy of Halcyon, recently drafted into the Thirteenth Platoon. The summer lull has ended, and training is about to begin again in earnest.
    My inclination now is for a Fantasy/Sci-Fi mix for the Academy, akin to final fantasy. I just don't quite know what the mix/balance of those is going to be, and how far in either direction I'm going to push it. That makes any sort of planning pretty difficult. Sci-fi is pretty easy for me. But Fantasy has so many different grades and methods. What type of magic do I implement? How separate is magic from the physical? etc.
    Medium is the in-between. A little bit of what makes both light and heavy what they are, but nothing particularly unreal. Maybe they have one specific stat that stands out from the rest, but mostly they're the "Jack of all Stats/Trades, Master of None."
    So it isn't really like the Armored Core RP requires actual stats. It's more weight and build specialization. From the old RP:

The Armored Cores are divided into three weight categories: light, medium, and heavy. The lightest are the fastest and most agile, but also fragile. They specialize in lighter weaponry, but can equip heavier cannons and missiles at the cost of their speed and maneuverability. Heavy ACs have massive physical power with a much higher load capacity for weapons and ammo, but are slower. The legs types of an AC also determine its movement and combat type. There are three types of legs: biped, quadruped, and tank. Biped and quadruped legs come in the three weight categories, but biped legs are also divided by standard or reverse-joint structure. The reverse-joint structure has less load capacity, but is suited for jumping and aerial combat. Quadruped legs are the opposite, geared solely for ground superiority and maneuverability. Tank "legs" are different, coming in two types, tread and hover. The tread tanks have the highest load capacity and can even store full-sized weapons in specialized compartments, but are slow and difficult to maneuver. The hover tanks have very low load capacity, but combine the ground and aerial maneuverability of the quadruped and reverse-joint leg types.

Weapons setup:
    Arms: hand-held/wrist-mounted
    Back: mounted cannons
    Shoulders: mounted; usually flares, decoy missiles, extra propulsion, extra missiles
    Hangars (stored in leg-panels): small backup weapons

Back-mounted weapons are best reserved for the things with higher recoil because you have more stability (and are referred to as "cannons" - laser cannons/sniper cannons/gattling cannon). That said, heavier ACs can equip parts with higher recoil on either arm due to their greater weight-bearing capacity. The arm spots are best kept for weapons that require more dexterity and aiming in fast-paced combat (blades, machine guns, assault/rifles, etc).
    So do you have any thoughts on the potential RPGs? You guys seemed to be most interested, and I'm still pretty unsure on the direction I'm looking to take this one.
    Its alright, I've forgot to answer things plenty of times before

Nah just role playing on skype with friends
    Ah, I wondered about that. I fugured as much, though I did wonder where you disappeared to so suddenly...

Yeah, I did take a look. I must say it's quite well done, if you ask me!
    Oh, hey! It's been a while, hasn't it? Anyway, I saw new posts in the Ideas and Wishes thread and decided to check it out on a whim. And, much to my shock, I saw someone talking about a different way to go about RPGs and it piqued my interest! So I decided to take a chance and post about how I felt and what my own wishes were.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…