• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
G

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• [Hmm. I guess it does make sense. And, apart from Mega Evolution, those island folks have found a way to make their Pokémon more powerful, which is quite cool. Yup. Totem Lurantis was a pain to beat.

Oh. I can wait that long. :)]
    [The island thingy is certainly a strange concept. Especially now that there's no such thing as Gyms anymore.

Haha xD

When will it be "unlocked" for the Gen 7 games? I kind of want to bring my shiny Ninetales to my Sun team.]
    I'm not done yet, i'm still training because my brother wanted a battle.

He has all Water types so i'm finding the best team to counter them ;)
    [Wow, that's a lot of hours... It's a good game though. :)

I'd love the heck out of that guy xD

Yeah everyone should have it on their team as well. Like, that should be a law. :p]
    [Wow, so early? Oh, right, America got S & M earlier.

The animal's gotta have some love as well. :)

Yeah. I think I'm in love with Alolan Vulpix. It's the best. :3]
    I'm currently at the Dartrix stage, and it kicks ***.

I love some of the Alola forms, they've done a good job with them.
    Speaking of which, I wrote a sample speech. Not sure what I could ever use it for, but it seems to fit the character well.

“Time is the perfect killer: none escape its blade. They can run, then can hide, but eventually, there is nothing left but to fall before it. But just like the perfect killer, time cannot kill me… Nothing can, any more. But it tears at those around you, leaving wounds that will not heal, opening rifts that will not close, destroying memories that will never be restored. It is a perfect killer. It does not stop, it does not slow, it knows no compassion nor mercy, and it never stops its hunt.”
    [It's much more fun if you don't know what's gonna happen in the game. :)

Heh, animals with gaping maws can be cute. XD *shows you a picture of some deep sea eel*

That's okay. There are so many Pokémon to choose from. :)]
    Well, it all comes down to the fact that even her "evil side" (hereafter referred to as "Anna") still has morals: heavily influenced by the way she died. Notably, she died watching her family be murdered, so she still does her best to protect the rest of her surviving family. Also, as a bit of a quirk, watching innocents be put in a position similar to how she died really, really angers her.

"Good side" (hereafter referred to as "Mana") would probably end up reconnecting with Anna's surviving family, (and I can imagine both sides agreeing to show up to her surviving cousin's birthday parties), and technically pings as a sister for Anna's "Family Protection" mentality. Just a whiny, goody-goody younger sister.

End of the day, they're both the same, except they have different methods, drives, and mentalities. It's just that Anna is an extremely violent person, and Mana isn't.

:Edit: Apparently, Cassandra Cain, ends up becoming the second Batgirl. That's hilarious, I had no clue that was in the canon.
    A funny side effect is that, since you know her eventual goal is to become a superhero, that would mean that if she were to ever encounter the mandatory "split the heroes into evil and good" scheme, her "Evil Half" would act differently.

Probably there'd be a little bit of fighting, some talking, and eventually the fighting would stop and would be replaced by hugging. Since her "evil half" never went away, but rather accepted the changes in perspective, and moved on.

Certainly would be an interesting twist to have the "evil half" and the "good half" immediately stop, and begin talking out differences, before they both turn to the one who split them, thanked said person for free therapy, and beat the **** out of him/her. Might not even rejoin right away.
    Basically, half of the quirks are just pranks that became habits (such as purposefully creating a nervous tic when lying, that she "forgets" to do when doing an important lie)

The essential theme of the character is "At what point is change different than self-delusion?"
    More along the lines of that the new personality really doesn't want to slip back into being a killer (because the murderer would WIN if she did, since the entire purpose of the murders in the first place was due to betraying a criminal organization)

Coupled with the fact that she scares the crap out of most people, with or without meaning to, and she just chose the most entertaining, but least suspicious method possible. (Well, not really, but they can't really get on her case for being "Too Nice")
    Yeah that'll work. As long as the assassin acknowledges that she thinks she believes herself to be expendable, this'll let the other characters see her as an actual person.

---

Speaking of rehumanization, I can imagine a couple of very strange quirks with the personality that forms.

First of all, when she gets mad, she gets really, really nice. And since her eyes look like those of a serial killer, pretty much all of the time, it's incredibly unnerving, and makes those she's mad at freak out. (Holy crap, she's staring at us and grinnning! RUN! *Periodically checks back for knives*)

I've actually got an entire folder full of the character's weaknesses, disguise styles, and overall ****.

This is by far one of my favorite designs I've ever done.
    [Yup. ^.^ Wow is that possible? The dataminers usually reveal nearly everything.

Aww, eelbaby sounds weirdly cute. :) Tynamo are strong tho.

Heh. They know how to make a good Pokémon at TPC. I also like Bounsweet a lot.]
    Have her get injured, and left to die. Have her accept that she's going to die, and have her fade to unconsciousness, with no regrets.

And then have her wake up being nursed to health by said person, FULLY ARMED, and well-patched up. Have the assassin just shut down for a moment, not understanding how to react. Constantly have her question whether she will be betrayed, and have that eventually be replaced with fear of being left alone. Nightmares are probably going to be common, but have the relation calm her when she wakes up.

Have her excuse her attachment as "returning the favor" and "knows too much to be let out of sight", but have the excuses become flimsier and flimsier until there's no choice but to admit it.

---

As for the character development, I planned on Annabelle originally just being a psychotic, unfeeling killer entirely focused upon goal #1.

Goal #2 was formed when she was "killed" again, by a group of allies much weaker than her, forcing her to reconsider the power of being alone.

(She reforms about a week later. Being a vengeful revenant has its perks.)

End result is her trying to gather allies, accidentally becoming friends, and slowly rehumanizing. New her eventually stops enjoying the thoughts of her previous self, but knows that occasionally it will surface.
    And this is why I need to have my ideas bounced off of people.

Yeah, it makes much more sense if it's just urges.

However, she WOULD attempt to pretend that she doesn't have that part of her at all, at least most of the time.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…