• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Scherzando
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• On what pokemon I'd want to catch in apricorn balls if you only get one each... I don't know! How am I supposed to decide?! I tend to be really indecisive.

Someone posted on facebook that they caught a mimikyu in a friendball so it could make friends easier, which was really cute. He was breeding them and giving them away. I don't know if he was breeding ivs or anything on it, but if apricorn balls are so limited I might just have to grab one from him, where before I was thinking I'd just catch one myself if they weren't like breedjects with good traits.

Interesting that the changed the ball inheritance mechanic, though, to allow males to have a chance to pass down a ball. In some ways that'll be great, but in others it'll be really annoying for MMing, since if breeding by the same species (in looking up apricorn availability I found ppl saying that the male pass-down doesn't work for different species pairs) you'll need to make sure the male has the pokeball you want too...
    Only one of each apricorn ball?! That is weird. I looked around and saw someone suggest that maybe more will become available later through online features? Like global link minigames or something. I haven't gotten to the point where I've gotten the apricorns yet, nor have I gotten any HA pokes, despite chaining for mareanie. Although a HA one would be nice, merciless is good to and probably better for a playthrough so I'll just pick up a regenerator later and have two. Speaking of mareanie, I've been sort of side-tracked in my game progression there. After failing to get a good one via chaining a few times, I've started breeding them. Since I had the perfect ivs from chaining, with the rare candies I've saved up I can pretty much tell which IVs are being passed on and manage to breed now. There's a chance that a few of them will end up not-quite perfect, but I figure it'll be good enough and if one gets messed up I can bottlecap it later. I had to acquire a destiny knot via pickup and an everstone via thief on roggenrola, since otherwise I wouldn't be able to acquire them until post-game, but I managed to do it. Since I was going to all the effort, I even GTSed a surskit and pelipper to give it all the egg moves since why not...
    Ew gross. Vista's kind of old to fix with, but the current models, you can just back up your system on a USB and plug it in to reboot any time. Mine now works perfectly fine after the wipe, I don't know what installed and corrupted so badly that it had to happen though. I really don't. :/ I reinstalled all of my drivers trying to find what was wrong with it. Oh well, it works now.

Also giving you an update, one of my buddies caught and bred some Alola Vulpix for me, so now I have them in stock in Heavy and Moon Ball form!
    I'm hoping. I just wiped my entire computer, it's been freezing ever since the latest update so yeah xD Really really hard to work with, especially as a PC gamer. Aaah!
    If you happen to be available about now, I can switch over at any time for the rest of the day (PST).
    Sounds good! And use your balls on whatever you want! xD I don't want to dictate, I'm just throwing out what I do like! Do you want a male or female Honedge? I think I have both for Heavy Balls. Only male Snivys though!
    Nothing else as I'm only on island 2 atm. Will eventually get the level rockruff from zold though.

CATCH ANYTHING I DON'T HAVE!

:p
    Cutiefly doesn't particularly interest me. xD Let me know what all you have after you've done Eevee, maybe someone will have since traded you something neat. :D If not, I'll revisit my stance on Cutiefly. I'm just focusing my attention on the favorites and new/harder ones to obtain before I branch out, though I could be swayed by Alola Vulpix if you get your hands on one (Moon/Love) before I do!
    It's entirely possible. :) As long as it's the same species. So HA Female Snivy + Friend Ball Snivy = chance at HA Friend Snivy since it's 50-50 on the Pokeball. But it doesn't work in the same egg group, so Female Moon Eevee + Love Smeargle = Moon Eevee always.

One breeder testaments here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/comments/5e2nh4/male_parent_now_able_to_pass_down_pok%C3%A9ball/

I would love a HA Love Ball Eevee, it's on my list of things to get! And I would accept a Friend Bounsweet as well. Sorry, but Heavy Magnemite could be obtained in HGSS and I have a friend with that game who is willing to import Pokemon for me from the 4th gen so it's not on my list of things I would accept. I would also be happy to accept a Moon Mimikyu if you do decide to use your ball there. If not, good luck on the Rowlet! :D

Scanner Pokemon aren't any harder to get than anything else, they weren't exactly a secret to begin with and Serebii has a very reliable day/location chart. :) You just have to decide "yeah, I want that dude". I would maybe only charge more for a female Snivy because it's a pain to make females hatch when I want to level up my Plaza right now, but I value them the same as any other Apricorn SM Pokemon personally! So a 1:1 trade is just fine! I have pre-bred a batch of everything except the Axews and Litwicks which I don't have yet since they're tomorrow's hunt, but you can pick whatever you want. :)
    HI! Yes indeed, I do have a Friend Ball Snivy :) For now, it's incompatible, but when bank opens in January it can be bred with a female HA Snivy to get HA Friend Ball Snivy. As far as any other mon's HA, they seem to appear every 5th SOS encounter starting at 15, and only as a chance. But they are in the game. Scan Pokemon can't SOS, however, so they appear to be unavailable for now.

I'd be happy to trade for other Apricorn catches! My preference is in Moon Balls and Love Balls. Have you decided what you'll be using those on?
    Yes but I'm pretty sure I'm a human the last time I checked. .__.

Unfortunately none at the moment. I know they appear in the SOS battles but I find those frustrating to go through. I mean it was at its worse when I tried to catch a Comfey. ;_;
    No problem! Thank you for helping me redeem my mistake! :D

Your first Gen VII trade...was with a talking Pokemon!
    Nice! I actually am about to start breeding the Turtonator so give me a few minutes if that's OK with you!

Yep! Then click Trade and I should pop up!
    I just wanted a Komala so badly because I couldn't find one when I was playing the main game. ;_;

Yay! I managed to hatch an Adamant Dewpider earlier so I'll get onto breeding the Turtonator!
    I was an idiot and wasted a Friend Ball that failed on a Komala so I was wondering if you'd like a Quiet Heavy Ball Turtonator for a Friend Ball Bounsweet. :I
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…