• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Xenon Blue
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey man; how’ve you been?
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Lol yeah I feel similarly regarding the current anime. I’m always up for a good trash talking session :). So what do you do to entertain yourself these days?
    Xenon Blue
    Xenon Blue
    Not much at the moment, used to play alot of smash 4 before the one on the switch came out, and now that game is outdated and I don't have a switch I need to find a new hobby. PAD will do for now I suppose lol
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I see. Maybe you could give the face-offs section in games a try; I’ve recently found them quite amusing.
    You're alive again? Woah...
    Reactions: Genaller
    Power Up
    Power Up
    It's easily the most active Pokemon anime community, but it's nowhere near its 2016 levels. 2017 was of course, the most toxic yr of all time lol.

It'll be fine unless Gen 8 looks bad
    Power Up
    Power Up
    We'll see where Gen 8 goes soon anyway. There's only around 40 eps left
    Xenon Blue
    Xenon Blue
    I will give the anime a shot again in gen8, I have basically given up on SM lol
    Btw on a tangent note there actually are Pokémon that fit the “take damage earlier on so that they can gain a later advantage” mold. Examples would include any Pokémon with Bide and any Pokémon with Destiny Bond.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Ash in general isn’t that good at using pure tanks to their full potential and is far more effective in handling speedy Pokémon (even his best “tank” Snorlax is supposedly unusually agile for its species). This brings into question the issue concerning how the trainer’s skill impacts the viability of the Pokémon.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    For example all of those “tierimg” systems for Ash’s Pokémon don’t really account for adjustment in Ash’s trainer skill. As an example Kingler has only been used by Kanto and Johto Ash a.k.a it is “tiered” based on its performances when being commanded by those versions of Ash, but now imagine how much more viable Kingler would likely be if it were being commanded by far better trainers like DP or XY Ash.
    Xenon Blue
    Xenon Blue
    Yeah I'm a firm believer that a trainer's skill greatly affect how good a Pokemon looks. I feel like some of the BW Pokemon Ash had would have done considerably better in the hands of DP or XY Ash, namely Leavanny and Paplitoad. Both has a lot of good things going for it, it's just BW Ash's tactics were so linear and predictable that it kept getting outsmarted.
    Hey man,

Sorry about making the “strawman” accusations. I think both of us just misunderstood who/what the other person was trying to address. I think there’s definitely a proper civilized productive discussion we can have on “Pokémon power scaling” and I’d hate for these misunderstandings to ruin that.
    Reactions: Navin
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I admit that me saying stuff like there’s never been a proper counter to the argument I gave can come off as condescending though (at least from my own assessment) that’s genuinely what I think. Constructive criticism is always appreciated (even if I end up disagreeing with it) and regardless of how much we disagree with each other, at the end of the day no hard feelings right.
    Reactions: Navin
    Xenon Blue
    Xenon Blue
    It's cool man. I'm always open for discussion. Though I don't agree with how you view the "XY powerscaling" issue, I do respect your take on it.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Thanks man :). I can also respect your skepticism on my XY powerscaling views (at the end of the day it is true that Diantha wasn’t battling optimally and MC-X’s stumble didn’t visually look all that convincing) since there is unavoidably a significant subjective component in this.
    The Bird Wars are still my favorite debate.
    Navin
    Navin
    True I guess when I used to play League, in normals, if I got randomly paired up against diamonds (I was plat), sometimes I'd smash them. But in ranked games, everyone is serious and more often than not the high diamonds would single-handedly carry those games.
    Xenon Blue
    Xenon Blue
    Yeah and I know by experience that confidence and momentum is definitely a thing. In serious matches not only do I get outmatched in skill but my mentality gets rattled and I get tilted, similar to Paul vs Brandon. In practice matches though the opponent plays as if he's giving me confidence and I execute everything I want to.
    Xenon Blue
    Xenon Blue
    Even when I play against players of lower skill than myself, I tend to take it easy on them at the start, but whenever I start trying again my opponent seems so confident that I get overwhelmed by the momentum and struggle a lot more than if I went all out from the beginning and just shatter all the confidence from the start. Again reminds me of a certain situation in Pokemon...
    Should make a drinking game out of how many times something related to XY pops up in VS.

Hopefully this forum change will be good.
    I rather see a semi-active board than one dominated by 2 or 3 people or nobody posting at all.
    In the last 3-4 years...the Spoilers section became rather unbearable at one point a couple years ago; there are also lull phases every now and then that are self-explanatory; the KL hype/fallout was annoying. As for these debates, I've gotten into some long-winded back and forth ones over the years. Can't completely exonerate me either. This isn't too bad.
    Yes and now I hope there's someone amazing enough to have a picture of Dartrix holding a Tootsie Roll Pop on its wing with a caption saying "Let's find out!"
    I like that your usertitle matches Dartrix' artwork.

Dartrix: Greetings, Traveler *accidentally shoots arrows at me*.

Me: Ow.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…