• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Y
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• you could start a data-collection initiative on the rate of successful calls of ditto-smeargle with 1hp, and on the rate of imposter dittos (since each imposter takes 1 less turn to faint), and then set up a program that will calculate the average number of pokemon KO'd for the number of recycles you have, as well as a handy graph showing the distribution of percentage likelihood for each number of possible pokemon. ;P

But in all serious, recycles probably could be used as an estimation of pokemon fainted. Note, however, that it is pokemon fainted, not turns, that matter, and since a regular ditto takes two turns to faint (1 to transform and 1 to faint), in ideal circumstances with a 100% call and 100% call success rate and no imposter dittos, it'd take 16, not 8, recycles (minus chain setup time) to get to forty KOs.
    Haha, I always check the time that goes by, but it just now occurred to me that I could also count how many times the Smeargle Recycles. if 4 max IVs really cap at 40, then after 8 Recycles, that should be 40 turns... but Dittos don't always appear when it calls for help (maybe they appear like 50-70% of the time? what do you think?). Sooo... maybe closer to 13-16 Recycles.
    Newp. I have hear a lot about you from Slowbro. :p

Yep. Me and Slowbro live in the same town xD

Haiiiii. I'm will btw. :) or Pikachu. Whichever suits you lol.

If you ever want anything from LF. Just ask. I will raid hus bank xD

[Kidding]
    I'm sure the leppa berry gives Ditto 5 PP because it recycles every 5 turns, not 10.
    I don't know when the 4IVs cap out either, but instead of counting Dittos, I check the time that goes by (even though that's less accurate...). I usually stop at around 35-40 minutes and then I get a 4IV every time, and I have 4 dittos now I think. :p My shiny has 2 perfect IVs, and like I said that was around 12 minutes in.
    Ohhh I totally forgot that Ditto only gets 5PP per move. All this time I kept thinking leppa berries activate before the move is completely used up. :p interesting that the leppa berry doesn't get it back to 10 PP, only to 5 for Dittos.
    I caught another Imposter Ditto, this time in a Heal Ball in case I ever want to use it competitively :p It has a max IV in HP so I totally could. Oh, and I found out something else while chaining: I found FOUR imposter Dittos IN A ROW! So... guess there's no rule for them appearing every few Dittos; every Ditto has a chance of having its HA. Not sure if the chance rises after a while or stays the same starting at a certain point or what.

I feel your pain. I've been there. I hate it when you're trying to catch something and it keeps calling for help so you have very few chances to throw a ball. u_u
    EEEEE I just got a shiny Ditto too! XD I was chaining for 4IVs and one appeared about 12 mins into the chain. Caught it in a Dive Ball to match the colors. I wanted to go for an Imposter Ditto, so I kept switching to Butterfree (who induces status to catch the Dittos) in case an Imposter showed up, and if not then I switched back to Lampent. That's my strategy right now. :p If I find a shiny HA, I'm gonna try to get it in a Beast Ball, since the capture rate isn't really as low as you'd think. I caught a Grubbin in one (after it broke out of maybe 5) and its HP was in the yellow. Can't remember if it was paralyzed or put to sleep...
    yh u did sorry, I wasnt paying attention lol

those 3 are fine. If i breed them soon will you still be here?
    I'd like:

Beast Gastly/Vulpix
    Moon Salandit/Moon riolu

If you want to pick from me? I have a spreadsheet in my signature
    I know this is great! :D
    Who needs her? :p

Thanks for the trade!!

I got a bunch more stuff if you had any new ones as well?
    Oh cool, glad you got a shiny out of that method so quickly! If you ever want to try for a shiny imposter Ditto, all you have to do is switch Lampent out after a while into the chain and have a pokemon that can OHKO the summoned dittos like normal chaining. Having memento is just to make it so you only press A without needing to pay attention.

Using my two new 4IV Dittos, I hatched my first 5IV pokemon of gen 7: a friend ball bounsweet! took forever so I had a lot to wonder trade. in doing so, I also got my first apricorn ball from WT: a lure ball bagon. :D only took three boxes worth of pokemon, lol.
    Gmt 0 england time. You sent the message at midnight my time and u said it was 5pm your time when u sent the message so 7 hr gap. Yes 8am onwards your time
    Wait, facilities can have more than three stars? :p
    Maybe just the three-star ones are shiny? I don't know how common it is. Makes me wonder if the Gengar haunted houses can be shiny too :eek:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…