• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
JX Valentine

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• ----------
    First off, YAAAAASSSS to that last line. 8) Trio of girls kicking *** and saving the world ys plz
    ----------
    Trio of girls, one of whom is grumpy and contrary and really doesn’t want to save the world, but is doing it to protect one of the others and fyi, that is why I said Door reminded me of someone. xD (But that’s not till Book 2 so I’m getting a bit ahead of myself.) My obvious fondness for that character type hopefully shows why I like Door so much. ;)

(aaaaaaa your analysis of Jade has melted me into a pile of goo on the floor. But yes, all of that is spot-on.)
    Actually! I distinctly remember a few times while playing Sun/Moon thinking back on that analysis you did of all the female characters in Pokémon and going “Huh. This game kind of addresses some of the things Jax brought up.” xD Which you might have mentioned at some point, but I never read any of your Sun/Moon posts because I was playing the game that much slower than everyone else.

Also I don’t know if it’s just me, but I always get really confused by the discussion that inevitably crops up in writer circles about...how to write developed female characters. Like...am I missing something? I don’t do anything different for them. Are you supposed to do something different for them? Is it supposed to be hard(-er than writing any other character)? What even is gender argh.
    As I was browsing your thread yesterday I ran into that gender discussion on the second page and I just wanted to say I think it’s kind of neat that your fic reverses the usual 5-3 gender ratio in stories, y’know? I don’t even think I would have even noticed if that discussion hadn’t happened, cause it just...fits that well into the world. If that makes sense. (Or maybe I just don't notice gender unless I pay real close attention.)

Also I was amused by the point you made that 90% of female protagonists in Pokefic are the same spunky tomboy and it reminded me why I love writing a weak protagonist whose only redeeming trait is Determination. Or how there’s always a male rival/traveling companion for straight romancing (whyy). Which is also why I’m looking forward to finally reaching the chapter where I sideline all my male characters and reveal that my protagonist trio was always intended to be three girls ever since the prologue. 8)
    Yeah I'm trying to become more active over here as well lul.

It's been... going. We spent half of the semester on poetry and barely got anything on writing actual fiction xd.
    Hey Jax hope you've been well!~ Miss ya friendo, in a creative writing class this semester. Just wanting to say high :p
    Wait, brain, work. Wasn't implying I've been job hopping. Just that my work is literally bouncing me from department to department. Work at a call cenceter and I've been in two training classes now in the last month cuz the new client doesn't know where to put us.
    XD I've been well. Work keeps bouncing around of late, but it's been going alright. Good news is that my next chapter for Old Ashes is nearly done. Just need to spruce up some details and not have it drag in some areas. Finally have it posted!
    I majored in information systems, but I'm mostly using my computer science minor these days, which sits well with me. I've got a good job doing cybersecurity stuff for the man. We're on defense, not offense, to be clear. ;)

Surviving adulthood is good, gotta keep on keeping on. And cool, shenanigans.

Oh, the reviewer scene ain't exactly quick on PC either and it never really was. xD (And thanks for reading! That's a pretty big relief if it looks like a strong start actually; Farla on FFNet was not impressed, lol. The version you read has a few post-Farla additions and changes.)
    I'm doing great, because I've learned how to write on a regular basis! Turns out the one thing I needed to do was graduate. And how've you been?

I didn't think I'd ever branch out to Serebii either, but I realized during the past year that if you want people to read what you write then posting exclusively on PokeCommunity is actually a dumb strategy, so now I'm here and on FFNet too. :) Besides that, it seems a number of people who are no longer active on PC are still active here.
    Where do I sign up? :D Recently got a Discord profile.

(And I'm doing well. Spring semester just started here.)
    I know! I'd really like to keep supporting my Wii U, but I can't justify dropping $120 on two of the same Zelda games and a (probably) $300 console. But BOTW is already shaping up to be the best Zelda ever, and I'm so damn excited. As for the ports of Wii U games, hell yes. Splatoon with new maps and new weapons? Smash Bros. and MK8 with new characters? And that's not even the start, with new Switch games coming like Mario, Pokemon (We can hope), and Xenoblade (again, I can only hope). Maybe I got a little carried away, buy you get the point. :p
    That's good! Hopefully this fic is updated soon (not to rush you or anything ^_^), the Switch is coming and that'll probably block me off from the rest of the world for a solid couple of months!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…