• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
GrizzlyB
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I hope to confuse you more than anyone so I'll give you a brain teaser.

Who decided the alphabet should be in the order it's in?
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    In the interest of not giving a misguided answer and looking like a complete idiot: are you asking about historical trivia or some kind of wordplay riddle?
    (Also, a thousand pardons for the late reply. There were valid circumstances, I assure you!)
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Alright Robert, this has gone on long enough! I have officially been bluebrained. WHO DECIDED THIS MADNESS?! WHO?! I NEED TO KNOW. It was the Poles, wasn't it? I knew it!
    [Anime post]
    Vernikova
    Vernikova
    I'll have you know that I haven't watched an anime since I was an anime back in the day. If anything, you need to reccomend me an anime to watch.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    If you were an anime, then it goes without saying that you know anime better than I. But I'll bite (even though you have a long track record of hating everything I suggest). Shinsekai Yori seems like something you'd like. True Tears is probably my all-time fav. Oregairu or w/e is interesting. Uchoten Kazoku surprised me by being good. I really dunno what you like (other than Pokemon), so I'm just guessing.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Oh, and it's a visual novel, not an anime, but since you do literature or w/e, you should read Umineko. Doubt you see this in time, but it's on sale on Steam rn (...but you CAN get it for free). Unless you hate mysteries, since it takes a lot of direction from "And Then There Were None". But there's also weeb ****, so it's hard to recommend it to people who read normal books, even though it's basically what it is.
    I’m wondering, is your location referring to the quote from The Simpsons?
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    I can't remember the last time I watched an actual episode, but a guy on another board I frequent seemingly has every (old) episode memorized, and always references them with Frinkiac images or YT clips, so I still see it a lot. The newest episode I've seen had Lady Gaga in it, and it was awful and stupid. Do you have any newer cartoons you like? Because I do miss good Simpsons. PS - Sorry this reply took forever!
    Sceptrigon
    Sceptrigon
    It doesn’t really surprise me to hear that some people know basically every old episode by heart since I’m still very familiar with various quotes/scenes myself and rewatch them from time to time. Yeah I’ve heard a lot of negative reception towards that Lady Gaga episode. There was also a recent episode I watched involving Canadians that gained some controversy. I miss the old Family Guy as well.
    Sceptrigon
    Sceptrigon
    A couple cartoons I follow consistently are Steven Universe and the Tangled TV series. Some shows on Netflix I saw and liked were Disenchantment (understandably, as a Simpsons fan), Voltron, and The Dragon Prince.

I don’t mind late replies so that’s fine!
    I've been working a stable and safe job for so long I need to do something criminal. What do you recommend?
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Used to be you could go down to a corner store, wave a knife around, and take anything you wanted. Cellphones have made that needlessly risky. I say, turn technology against itself, get a Prius, and go around trendy night hotspots. Someone'll think you're their Uber and get in. Drive to the middle of nowhere, act like you had no idea they were there, and kick them out or extort them for a ride back; dealer's choice!
    bobjr
    bobjr
    I'm in Ohio the only trendy things are alcohol related and I'll need to not use those myself to take advantage of a plan like that.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Nonsense, it's called "spicing things up" and I heartily recommend it. In fact, it's often the first thing I do when I get out of prison. The last thing I do before I go back, too, ironically enough.
    I'm sorry did you say Umineko ep 9

where did you find this i am interested.

I actually want to re-read the series. I'm trying to get my not-boyfriend-but-basically-acts-like-my-boyfriend into it so
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    I'm trying to find time to re-read it, too! I read the manga not long ago, and it helped me sort out some things, but it doesn't hold a candle to the VN. I want to re-read the whole thing to see if my theory has any holes in it (because it's so different from what seems to be accepted among the fanbase -- the big fubar to me is people thinking Bern/Lambda are real witches).
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Is he into anime/video game stuff, anyway? I'd compare VNs most to books, but it's so hard to recommend them if they're resistant to that stuff. I actually saw that there's going to be a Kickstarter to make a full English dub of the VN, which I think would improve its accessibility a lot. Godspeed on making your not-boyfriend a convert!

PS. - I hate 420 character limits.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Hello, BUGworth. /STOP
    How are things? /STOP
    B
    BUG
    Tumultuous. /STOP
    Pursuing my PhD. /STOP
    You? /STOP
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    A PhD? Over.
    What in? Over.
    I mostly just work and play games. Over.
    I want to buy a condo or something, but the market here's ****ed; is it the same way in Seattle? Over.
    I enjoy your posts in GCT. They're always great reads. I've been going through a big nostalgia trip lately lol. I always find my way back to reading posts in the GCT thread. xD
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    And then they beat the Patriots, and have a 100-yard rusher in the same night. It's hard to tell if teams run because they're winning, or they win because they're running, but it probably isn't coincidence that they won with a balanced run:pass ratio. 1-2 isn't great, but man, that division looks wide open right now.
    Hunter Zolomon
    Hunter Zolomon
    My mind is blown right now! In week 1 the Lions looked horrible. In week 2 the Lions almost won. In week 3 they just played a complete game and beat a Dynasty Patriots team. I'm lost for words. The NFC North is very wide open. The Bears are even in 1st place. What a season so far.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    I just don't know how a team loses to the Jets, 49ers, and Cowboys, but beats the Patriots and Packers. They should beat the Dolphins and Seahawks in the next couple weeks, but the way they're going, they'll probably lose those and then knock off the Rams. That division isn't looking any clearer after two weeks.
    Yo wut you play Cold Steel

Can I be your friend
    Nerdy McNerdface
    Nerdy McNerdface
    I ended up playing Sky on Normal, the combat is slightly different and I found it more challenging. I’d also say hold the Alt key as that activates turbo mode during fights and helps them to flow more easily. You can use it on the overworld too!

And yeah, the pic is the achievement icon for completing Chapter 2 on PC. I used him by far the most, he interested me from the moment I saw him and his character delivered.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Yeah, I feel like I took to the combat in Steel right away (of course, you start with more characters), but Sky is comparatively slow and difficult. Feels like I'm playing it more for the story, so no need to make it harder.

Oh, I didn't even realize it was an official picture -- thought it was fanart. I wonder if III will release on PC? Looking it up, it's PS4-only in Japan.
    Nerdy McNerdface
    Nerdy McNerdface
    Sky was rather slow for me at first, but I got used to it by around halfway through the game. I can get that, I played the first Steel game on Easy because I had no idea what the combat would be like and just wanted to see a good story.

It actually is - XSEED asked some fanartists to make the icons for them. III will only release on PC once it’s out over here, the last two were made by XSEED rather than Falcom.
    Wanna come smoke and talk about how SPPF has changed though time?

L.F D.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    *tokes from peace pipe*
    Children, gather 'round. Today I'm going to tell you a story, a story of a magical land known as Ye Olde SPPfe. You see -- oh, crap, it's lagging again. We'll pick this up in 4-5 hours when it loads.
    Don't worry too much, I'm sure two weeks later I'll have some more moving and deeply insightful commentary, but as you know, I have the attention span of a gad fly. At the very least, the change from "friends" to "followers" makes me feel much more popular despite having the exact same amount of people. It's amazing what a simple change in wording can do.
    Baba Yaga
    Baba Yaga
    Ha, that was my favorite thing about the change: being able to see everyone who had repped me. It half makes me want to visit each and every single one of their profiles with a thank you message for their exquisite taste. Are you going to keep your poke stoner avatar forever?
    Baba Yaga
    Baba Yaga
    Agreed, the char limit is a bit ridiculous. I miss spamming giant 1000 by 1000 pixel photos of people's pages. Remember your giant Ronald Reagan post in GCT? That was great.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Punctuation, too, like "analrapist", when one is both an analyst and a therapist.
    Why does everyone want me to change my avatar? It's jealousy, isn't it? But yes, I am.
    Hah, I'm surprised you remembered that. I wasn't expecting it to be so big, but it was a fitting symbol of how very American I am!
    Lol. You only have 15 likes.

Loser.
    GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Well, well, well, it seems the tides have turned. I would mock you more, but I and my 55 likes can't be seen... -associating- with your *scoffs* 48 likes.
    I just realized we don't seem to have visitors anymore. I kind of miss checking up on who was creeping on me. Anyways, sorry I didn't follow through on getting to all of your PM, I sort of ran out of substantive things to say.
    I remember I literally couldn't stop reading ep 6 when I first read it. So, so, so good! It's a shame that we'll never see Erika's wedding animated but hey, better that it stays that way probably.
    GrizzlyB, you still exist? Here I'd steeled my nerves in case my expectations came to pass and you had faded into legend, like other mystical gods of old.

Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, take care, man. =)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…