• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Genaller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeah, fine. I was really busy watching Yu-Gi-Oh today and finished watching the whole series. :)
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I guess you could think of them as entirely new stories and see if you get invested in the characters there (though that’s hard to do with GX since it has a ton of continuity). My personal rating would go 5Ds > Original > GX (though I enjoyed all of them).
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah, I know that they have continuity from the previous series, Pokegirl Fan~ told me about that earlier(also know that Yugi makes a few reappearances as well in those series'). But still, they have a new protagonist.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Well then like I said; just treat them like completely new stories at the start and see if you can get invested in the new characters. If you feel nothing after say 3 episodes of GX or 5Ds then you can just drop them though you’d be missing out (especially with 5Ds).
    Yeah, saw it. I just honestly now want to see that garbage Axew vs Garchomp arguement being fully tore into pieces lol. :)
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Well it’s already been shown that comparing the Axew and Greninja cases is making an objectively faulty analogy and now I’ve also shown how using the Cynthia performance to compare Axew to Paul’s Pokémon is objectively fallacious; not sure what else to do, but as always some people will desperately cling to their delusions no matter what evidence is offered to the contrary :/.
    Your avatar is pretty nice regardless!
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Thanks :D. I was playing around with the color options in photo edit and this combination caught my eye. I’m pretty glad that custom avatars became a thing :).
    Tbh though I've always thought Garchomp's shiny colors would have kinda looked nice all monochrome as shown in your avatar. Granted, I still like its shiny color (despite hardly any difference) but just wanted to say that since I first saw your new avatar. :p
    Don't know what was the need to change the new forum system to be basically an exact copy of Bulbagarden. The VM system isn't anywhere nearly as good as the previous one......
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah the VM system definitely took several steps down (e.g. we now have a limit of only 420 characters instead of the previous 2000 characters).
    This new system is basically just a copy of Bulbagarden lol. :p I honestly feel that the previous forum system was way better. :)
    Genaller
    Genaller
    How is it over at Bulbagarden (discussion wise)? The better ignore system on its own makes this way better for me :D
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    I'm at Bulbagarden as well occasionally, though it's only for video game discussion. I've seen discussions about anime, such as episode reviews and all. Overall, I feel that place is more 'civil' than this place, since I see way less flame wars and arguements breaking out, though that could also be due to the lesser amount of people there.
    Sup, how do you like the new forums update? I think it looks cleaner, but the interface and navigation is quite confusing so far. I'm definitely thankful for custom avatars (as you can see my avatar), and ignoring people is way better now.

Do you use the default style or happy style? I'm using the happy style since I think the color contrast is much better. The default style is really hard on the eyes.
    Reactions: Genaller
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Hey,

Overall I’m really happy with the changes :). Of course I’m especially happy with the new ignore system since now it really feels like the people I’m ignoring have just “disappeared”! Yeah custom avatars are a neat touch (though I guess mine isn’t too different from my previous avatar :p).
    Genaller
    Genaller
    As you said the default style is hard on the eyes (and I’m visually impaired), so I switched over to the happy style for now. I hope we get more style options in the future (not that I have anything in particular to complain about with the happy style).
    This update looks really nice aside from some poor text colour choices for links. How's it going Gen?
    Reactions: Genaller
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I agree. It’s going pretty great :D!!! What really made me happy is that the posts of those that I ignored have now completely vanished, so I don’t have to be constantly reminded of their existence anymore and can finally move on :) :) :)!!!!! How’s it been going for you keepitsimple?
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    that's pretty good. never understood why ignoring still showed that the person replied. it's not really ignoring if you can still see them. i like being able to edit my thread titles lol.
    Mind if I see this poll you mentioned in Versus, just out of curiosity? What forum did you post it on?
    Anyway Celesteela is appearing in SM69. I hope they handle the Celesteela situation better than Buzzwole and give us a good fight to enjoy. :)
    Um, I don't think that Naganadel will be on equal footing with the other UB's, I bet it'll be a tad weaker compared to the other UB's, but still definitely would be competitive as after all it's still an UB. By Hala's statement in SM51 it's clear that Tapus = UBs, and considering how powerful Tapu Koko was depicted, the Tapus and hence UBs are quite strong. Yeah Naganadel very possibly would be depicted weaker than the other UBs considering its lesser base stat total in games + it's a captured Pokemon which Ash very likely will use in competitive battling and it would likely be his non-ace, but I highly doubt that it'll be so much weaker than the other UBs that it can't even be competitive with them.

Yeah it's fascination with light could possibly influence on the arc climax, forming some sort of a connection with Ultra Necrozma or so, but I still doubt that it'd play it's role completely in the Meloetta way, without showing any strength or so, because:

Meloetta is a cute, sweet looking Pokemon, not really a Pokemon which looks much of a battler and Poipole won't be that kind of Pokemon once it evolves. Naganadel is a huge beast like creature, so it'd be natural if the writers have it show its strength in the climax arc as well and not only indirectly affect the outcome of the arc like Meloetta.
    Well to play a major role in a major and important arc, which the UG arc seems to be, and it expected to have a strong climax (where the other UB's + Necrozma are expected to be present), one very likely needs to be a strong Pokemon I'd say. How would it effect the outcome of the arc, if it has a strong climax which involves epic fights if it isn't a strong Pokemon?

Sure you can point to Meloetta, but in that case Meloetta's song was the thing which affected the outcome of that arc so much, a.k.a., Meloetta's song and not strength was the thing which made it play it an important role in the TR arc there. What can Poipole/Naganadel possibly do something like that, like affecting the outcome of the arc without showing of its strength? Maybe it's fascination with light could be the thing which has an affect on the climax of the arc and makes it play an important role, as Ultra Necrozma is after all a creature of light. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, when it evolves into Naganadel, I definitely expect it to be pretty strong. Probably a tad weaker compared to the others UB's but still pretty strong.
    But that arc of Larvitar wasn't that much of a major arc(mostly minor) and it was merely dedicated to Larvitar only. Judging from the looks of the opening Poipole is going to play a major role in the UG arc(the opening clearly shows all the UBs + shows Poipole for a long amount of time). The SM poster before it also showed Dusk Mane Necrozma and Dawn Wings Necrozma along with the UB's as well. So it's pretty much evident that the UG arc will be a long and drawn out arc with a strong climax expected to happen with Necrozma coming in. If Poipole is supposed to play a major role in a major arc like this with a strong climax, then it surely has to be strong and can't be fodder.
    I'm 100% sure it won't. It's an UB after all, and more importantly pretty much confirmed to play a major role in the UG arc. A Pokemon playing a major role in an important arc of a saga has to be strong and can never be fodder.

Though I think it will be a tad weaker compared to the other UBs.
    It's eventual release and return to the Ultra Space was pretty much clearly foreshadowed in this episode, Lusamine's words pretty much tell that.

I also think it'd be more like a Squirtle/Goodra situation, where Ash can call it back whenever he needs it. The people of Ultra Megapolis are the key here, like you said: Ash can contact them anytime he needs Naganadel.

I personally think now that Poipole has to leave after the UG arc, the final climax of the arc will happen after the League, just like in XY. Poipole battles in the League --> plays its role in the UG climax --> then gets released.

I expect Poipole to be somewhat the wild card of Ash's team in this saga like Gliscor/Goodra.
    [Yeah true! :)]

Poipole is definitely evolving into Naganadel. The writers have to showcase Naganadel and evolving Poipole is the best way to do that. Plus Poipole is clearly implied to play a huge role in the Ultra Guardian arc eventually, judging from how much Poipole is shown in the opening, and I really can't see how Poipole will be able to play that huge role without evolving.

But one sad thing, it's already foreshadowed in this episode that Poipole will eventually be released at the end of this arc:

Lusamine pretty much told that Ash should capture Poipole and keep it as his partner Pokemon until he and co. finds the Ultra Wormhole which Poipole used to get into the human world(from Ultra Space). So Poipole very likely will be released eventually when they find that particular Ultra Wormhole.

That being said, I do expect the release of Poipole to happen at the very end of the series, because it's clearly evident that Poipole will play a central role in the UG arc like Nebby did in the AF arc, from the opening. So Poipole's capture, though not permanent, will very likely still be long term.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…