• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Xenon Blue
Xenon Blue
One example is Torterra vs Gliscor, where because Torterra purposefully left itself open, it managed to counterattack very smoothly once the recharge of Frenzy Plant ended. Another one is Grotle vs Candice's Sneasel. Both of these Pokemon are very tanky and not very mobile, so they have to resort to take hits then counterattack accordingly.
Genaller
Genaller
Yup those too. Another one of the top of my head would be Sawyer’s Slaking where it was taking several blows from Hawlucha until the perfect time to strike back with Counter (which for Slaking apparently works like Bide if Serena’s statement afterwards is to be taken seriously).
Genaller
Genaller
I think Barry’s Empoleon would have fared better against Paul’s Electivire if it used the “take a hit to land a hit” strat rather than trying to fruitlessly dodge a decisively faster opponent.
Xenon Blue
Xenon Blue
Yeah Slaking as well, which I'm pretty sure the anime just outright said "Slaking is taking hits on purpose" or something along those line. Empoleon vs Electivire is the perfect example of why tank and counterattack is not necessary inferior to dodging hits. Suicide Mountain is also an example where constant movement with a tank is just asking for disaster.
Genaller
Genaller
My interpretation for why suicide mountain was so detrimental to Torterra is because such an excessive amount of movement for such a heavy Pokémon is inevitably going to result in stamina being drained at a much higher rate than usual resulting in it becoming way more susceptible to damage (a.k.a takes more damage per hit) resulting in getting KOed faster.