1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Genaller

1. Rock Captain 99
    Rock Captain 99
    Hello brother..

Hahaha.. it's nothing like that. It's just i define feat little differently from general perception. I would not count a particular achievement as feat unless the pokemon wins a battle. Sure, it is arguably the strongest pokemon of ash, but after it evolved into greninja, it's win ratio is little low against those super strong opponents it faced.
    May 12, 2018
    Genaller likes this.
  2. Rock Captain 99
    Rock Captain 99
    For e.g, even though it's battle against gardevoir was amazing, it lost. Same with MCX. The other opponents it defeated were strong, but not that to make it qualify for top 5 feats!

Your definition of feat is different, and i absolutely have no issue with that. But i have told what i think. His other pokemon have achieved other things which better qualify for top 5 feat rather than ash-greninja's wins!
    May 12, 2018
  3. Genaller
    Genaller
    Okay that’s fine but you do understand that by your definition of “feat” having a competitive battle against Arceus but loosing would be a worse feat than defeating a Magikarp since the former isn’t a win but the latter is.

Also for the record while Greninja momentarily collapsed after Ash and Greninja de-synced, he was never confirmed to be KOed hence the Gardevoir battle wouldn’t count as a loss for him.
    May 12, 2018
    mehmeh1 and Rock Captain 99 like this.
  4. Genaller
    Genaller
    In addition while Mega Sceptile doesn’t have enough credibility on its own; reverse power scaling from Ash-Greninja (who would be rated on the (Mega) Gardevoir and MC-X feats) would still in all likelihood put M-Sceptile either above or on par with Ash’s other Aces (pre-SM).
    May 12, 2018
  5. Rock Captain 99
    Rock Captain 99
    Haha.. no no.. defeating a weak pokemon would not be feat.

Greninja might not have lost, but it didn't won either. So i would not count that in top 5 or top 10 feats. Surely, holding it's own against a very tough opponent is a great achievement, but i would not count it in even top 10 feats.
    May 12, 2018
  6. Rock Captain 99
    Rock Captain 99
    For me, greninja defeating mega sceptile was a better feat than battling mega gardevoir. And pikachu defeating mega lucario and hawlucha defeating mega absol were better feats than ash-greninja defeating mega sceptile as the other two were able to do it in there base form without need of any special boost.

It must have sounded weird to you :-P
    May 12, 2018
  7. Rock Captain 99
    Rock Captain 99
    And these heavy concepts of rating through reverse power scaling and other complicated methods generally go over my head, so i usually don't prefer to comment much on them
    May 12, 2018
  8. Genaller
    Genaller
    Well if that’s how you want to define “feat” then I won’t try changing your mind. You did say that you accept that A-G is arguably Ash’s strongest, so I guess it’s fine.
    May 12, 2018
    Rock Captain 99 likes this.