• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
345ash-greninja

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey,

so after our whole tierimg conversation I’ve done some thinking and made several changes. Which of them do you find most egregious? For the record Sceptile and Darkrai can still be in S- and S+ respectively. Also Squirtle had to go up because it’s Macy feat is retroactively more impressive due to Totodile being tiered higher.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I agree that our tierimg previously gave an incorrect impression about disparities amongst the lower end Pokemon and so I’ve made the appropriate adjustments. I’ll be frank; win to loss ratios honestly don’t mean much and can never by themselves be used to justify why Pokemon X > Pokemon Y.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Could you please P.M. me you new tier list then?
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I just did. Concerning Paul’s Torterra, purely based on feats it shouldn’t be any higher than A+ though I was assuming that by the SL it could effectively control FP in battle since we know it was practicing beforehand.
    Hmm, so, you're a singer? What kind of music do you sing?
    Btw just checking; where would you rate Torkoal’s Registeel feat in isolation?
    Genaller
    Genaller
    So do you think Kingler and Muk should be put in the limbo tier?
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well....honestly yeah. It's hard to tier any Pokemon from those ridiculous battles back in IL where were majorly gag-based and emphasized on inherent species characteristics rather than any actual battle strategy being implemented. And regarding Muk their hasn't been nearly enough battles to tier it.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah I added a limbo tier for the Ash Pokémon (that he had for a significant amount of time) that can’t be tiered. Btw did you ever see my message regarding the worst battle of the 2nd worst league?
    I figured out my list for Ash’s 10 best performances in terms of trainer skill:

1. Vs Alain Kalos League
    2. Vs Paul Sinnoh League
    3. Vs Fantina 5th Sinnoh GYM Battle
    4. Vs Olympia 7th Kalos GYM Battle
    5. Vs Gardenia 2nd Sinnoh GYM Battle
    6. Vs Viola 1st Kalos GYM Battle Rematch
    7. Vs Roark 1st Sinnoh GYM Battle Rematch
    8. Vs Ramos 4th Kalos GYM Battle
    9. Vs Grant 2nd Kalos GYM Battle
    10. Vs Tobias Sinnoh League
    Reactions: blizzardblaze
    Genaller
    Genaller
    That’s the thing though; In the badge quest portion at least it’s quite a bit more than a bit. If DP Ash’s gym Battle skill feats had a “battle” with XY Ash’s gym Battle skill feats, XY Ash’s would win upper mid - lower high diff.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah though it’s obvious that Pikachu would’ve won anyway given that he didn’t get hit directly even once and the only time he probably took any damage if at all was in the Dragon Tail vs Iron Tail clash. From a strategic standpoint, vs Grant was excellent.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah from a strategic standpoint it was good though making it a pointless 2 vs 3 with Fletchling's pointless participation really tainted Ash's feat. Agreed with what said about DP Ash skill vs XY Ash's skill. :)
    Man, Pikachu learned Electroweb, which is pretty random and exciting! I'm really going to miss Electro Ball....as it could be used with Iron Tail, so how do you think Pikachu and Ash in the SM series and whatever comes next will use it in some kind of way! I can't wait to see how this new move is used.
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    yeah, remember the time against regice? that was absolutely epic, after losing to brandon twice in a row. Hopefully Electroweb can live up to the legacy that Volt Tackle and Electro Ball left it.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    We shouldn't also forget the epic moment against Latios with Volt tackle cutting through Lustre Purge and causing a gigantic explosion that ended in a draw. :D Regarding Electro Ball I remember giant 'Electro Spirit Bomb' Pikachu used in the TR arc in BW being boosted by Thunderous' electricity and the combo against Trip's Serperior.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Anyway I'm pretty sure that Electroweb will be really useful for Pikachu: he can always use to trap his opponents with it and getting them into exposed situations giving him the advantage.
    I'm not sure either.
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    It's actually a shed. That was funny though lol.
    Omg do you like the background/scenery? They make it look real, yet surreal at the same time
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah, the background has an unique part for sure. Interestingly in Jay's fantasy world are everyone child-aged or will there be any adult people?
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    It was taped in Vancouver, Canada ^^
    You'll have to find out ^^
    I recommend that you check out an awesome author on Fanfic.net, if you haven't, and his name is FanaticLAguy06!
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    I hope he changes his mind:) It's going to be an unexplored story of Ash's adventures, and it can't just end in Sinnoh.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Exactly, and then only a story based on Ash's journey and adventures will seem that much complete and exciting, just like how amvanras' stories are. :)
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    yep:) A good fanfic writer always listens to their fans on how to make the story even better, but doesn't try to please everyone at once:)
    Hey,

Do you think there was any non-DP/XY battle that would be in Ash’s TOP 10 feats in terms of overall trainer skill (so factoring in all positives and negatives)? The first battle that came to my mind was vs Brandon 3 though there Ash won more due to willpower than skill (eventhough he did make some good plays like Leech Seed and using water to clean Squirtle’s eyes).
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    And even then the Seismic Toss blunder makes it quite debatable whether it is worthy of coming in Top 10 Ash battles in terms of pure trainer skill.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah those 2 are definitely his 2 best feats. I was thinking of going through the major DP and XY Ash Battles again and analyzing them the way I analyzed the SL Paul and KL Alain feats. Yeah I agree; Brandon 3 is probably the only 1 that at least deserves an honorable mention especially if willpower is meant to be a part of a trainer’s “skill”.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    There have been other standout moments like melting the battlefield against Gary or cutting the waterfield against Katie though Ash also made a good number of major miskates in both of those associated battles, so they probably wouldn’t make the top 10 overall.
    So, uh, are you a bit disappointed that Rowlet learned Razor Leaf, but are you hyped to see Ash using Stone Edge, Lycanroc's new move against Nanu? It'd be epic to see Krookodile defeated by Stone Edge, if it is!
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    .rowlet hasn't really done much...I suppose that's true....
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well actually Rowlet has had quite some battles so far: participated in the Melemele Totem battle+Grand Trial; participated in the Akala Totem battle+Grand Trial. Truth is that it hasn't really started in any of those, and it hasn't had much development so far.
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    whoops, I forgot about those:) Rowlet hasn't really had any development so far that shows it growing up and maturing...
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Still, after all hype is a thing which after all plays an important part in a release, and after all Gamefreak once even mentioned Gen 8 coming in 2018 as a possibility. So the hype of Gen 8 coming earlier on is there, so even if the release of Gen 8 is pushed backwards, I highly doubt it will be as late as 2020.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Because hype is after all a thing which always plays a key role in marketing, which the Pokemon games are all about.
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    They never said the next game was gen 8 though, they said the next Pokemon game would be for the switch
    Are you hyped to see Ash train in the upcoming episode?
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    I know this may be a bit farfetched, but what if Lycanroc learns Drill Run for more battle tactics?
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I don't know, I'd rather have Lycanroc learn Stone Edge, because after all that'll be the ket for it to use the exclusive Z-move Splintered Stormshards.
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    That's true, but it doesn't seem to be Stone Edge..maybe Stone Edge will be learned during the battle to replace Rock Throw, which can be pretty useless.
    I hope you are doing well :D How's work? Still going great? ^_^
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah, it's fortunately going great now! ) I finally got myi second playback recording offer as a singer 3 days ago and my recordings are now set to begin from 18th May. I'm really excited at the moment for my second playback recording in my career! :D
    LadyTriox
    LadyTriox
    YAY! :D Thanks for sharing the wonderful news :D
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah thanks. :) Always a pleasure to share happy news like this. :D
    Hey,

Is it just me or does having to defend a Pokémon for so long actually make one like them more? For example after XYZ finished I initially had Greninja as my 4th favorite Ash Pokémon though after more than a year and a half of defending A-G’s strength from the naysayers I find that Greninja has moved up to being my 2nd favorite Ash Pokémon behind only Charizard (I know that for you it’s 2nd behind Pikachu).
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah, of course, if we speak for and defend a Pokemon all the time, our favouritism for it would obviously increase with passing time, though Pikachu is still my most favourite Pokemon in the anime despite all this. :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…