• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

CMButch
CMButch
I'd say Conway=Sawyer. Conway did good strategy against Torterra, Infernape and Glaile( thinking Ash will use them) while Sawyer did good against XY team, but Conway did good without TIG. Probably Conway>Sawyer.

BTW is DP Ash more skilled than XY Ash? DP Ash used Counter Shield.
Genaller
Genaller
Ah okay. You picked “other” (eventhough Conway was an option) in the thread that’s why I was curious.

Well I presume you’ve already seen my post regarding Ash’s KL Alain perfromance > Ash’s SL Paul perfromance.
Genaller
Genaller
I recently rewatched every DP and XY GYM battle and I’ll put it like this; if XY Ash’s gym battle skill feats had a “battle” with DP Ash’s gym battle skill feats, then XY Ash would win upper mid - lower high diff. I could P.M you about my thoughts on each of Ash’s individual DP/XY gym performances if you’d like. The
CMButch
CMButch
I changed it, tbh I had no idea I picked "Other". Probably mistaken it for some other poll where I wanted to put other.
Genaller
Genaller
I’m gonna say it; Counter Shield is overhyped! Ash never uses it in the 6th, 7th or 8th gym battles; matter of fact the only 2 battles where Ash uses it ever again are his full battles with Paul but even then in the LA battle Chimchar doesn’t use it (Pikachu and Buizel both use it once) and in the SL battle both Infernape and Pikachu don’t use it (Buizel uses it twice).
Genaller
Genaller
CS’s Impact in both of those battles was ultimately minor. CS itself isn’t a perfect move; Fantina flat-out says that the move can only be maintained for a short amount of time before cracks start appearing and in general you can either bypass or disrupt CS with well timed attacks.
Genaller
Genaller
With all of that in mind though I admit that Ash demonstrated a higher overall skill output in his gym battle with Fantina than in any of his other DP/XY gym battles; however, in general the skill output in his XY gym battles was far more consistent than that in his DP gym battles
CMButch
CMButch
Yeah, I do remember your ranking skill-wise: XY Ash>DP Ash>AG Ash which I agree.Do you think there's much bigger gap between AG's skill set and DP skill set though? As like AG's skill set is 5 per say and DP skill set skyrocketed to 20?And in BW Ash's skill set went to like 2-3 xd.
Genaller
Genaller
Yup Ash had his greatest gains in net skill in DP. He also had good moments in BF though he didn’t have the consistency that he attained in DP and refined in XY. If I had to “tier” Ash’s incarnates:

- Tier-1: XY Ash, DP Ash
- Tier-2: BF Ash, SM Ash*
- Tier-3: SM Ash*, AG Ash
- Tier-4: Johto Ash, Unova Ash
- Tier-5: OI Ash
- Tier-6: Kanto Ash