• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

H
Hakajin
Well, the thing about incels is that they're talking about how women should be subservient to men and are all empty and shallow and only good for sex. Also how fatalistic they are. That's why they get more attention than MGtOW (which, they're not popular on the Left, but they're generally seen as pretty benign).
H
Hakajin
I don't think it helps to call anyone evil, but... That's where it's coming from.
H
Hakajin
This is a more recent trend. It started with when... Who was it? Oh, yes, Keurig pulled sponsership from Fox News after something someone there said. This absolutely blew up on Twitter and made them a bunch of money.
H
Hakajin
I don't know about the Gilette ad, but after the Colin... Kapernick? add from Nike, their stock went up about 6B. "Woke advertizing" is definitely a marketing strategy now.
H
Hakajin
They fit the academic definition of concentration camps. They're inhumane, either way. All words are made up; this one's useful for referring to people of Latin heritage of either gender.
H
Hakajin
It's an issue of degree. As for Youtube, if they banned any of their big money makers, it was only under pressure. Left wingers get banned all the time for using terms in the context of quoting and discussing.
H
Hakajin
I think you underestimate how long it'll take to repair the damage, if it's possible at all. I think the main reason Democracies tend to only last about 200 years is more and more rules get bent over time, until the rules are basically useless.
H
Hakajin
The tech industry may spout Left-wing views, but they're not gonna do anything to decrease their profits. They benefit from the current situation.
H
Hakajin
Social construct just means that it doesn't exist outside of human society. Like government. Good government, bad government, doesn't matter; we created the idea.
H
Hakajin
I don't think so; I'd never have imagined we'd become this right wing in 2015. And yet, here we are.
H
Hakajin
Oh, and I forgot to say, you can't control the actions of every single individual. You act as if throwing a tantrum is strictly a Left wing thing, when it definitely isn't. There's plenty of material on Right wingers having public freak outs, harrassing others, and/or destroying public property.
H
Hakajin
As for people being uncomfortable talking about their opinions in public, yeah, that's just part of being human. Most people have areas of their lives where they're not in the general consesus, and it causes trouble for them.
H
Hakajin
Also, in the case of trying to get left wingers banned, we're not talking about anything radical or hateful, just like, general women's studies.
H
Hakajin
As for the trans community, I mean, the debate is helpful. What you have is people valuing two different aspects of the experience: personal identity, and how you fulfill a social role. What it really is is a difference in what they value.
H
Hakajin
You run into this kind of problem when you're talking about topics that deal with subjective experience... But some topics deal with subjective definitions: gender, psychology, linguistics. The right loves to talk about facts over feelings, but what I'm seeing is that they're the ones who think their own subjective viewpoint is objective reality.
H
Hakajin
As for the depression and anxiety you're dealing with... It's not an afterthought to me, I just don't know what advice to give you for a lot of it. I was thinking earlier today, though, one thing, is that I think it's important to focus on what you are doing. You're working, you're talking to people to some extent. Some people can't even do that.
C
Chaos Emperor
I figured since u mentioned going back to school, though assuming you’ve been at this since u were 18 I dunno what else u can learn at college. Either way I wish u luck.
C
Chaos Emperor
Well that is possible but given how videos can be over an hour and sometimes cover multiple articles I assume they skip out on parts that add little to the debate. Filler is a thing in media too not just anime.
C
Chaos Emperor
I guess shut down isn’t the best way to describe it but I remember trying to be more open and chat a bit with coworkers, then when the whole metoo thing began spiraling out of control i just quit talking to anyone at work.
C
Chaos Emperor
I was planning on doing it then an update came out for pocket camp that turned much of the fandom sour and even though it’s slowing waning I’m still nervous because of that. If this is what each update will bring it’s likely not worth it.