• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
The Great Butler

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Read the latest chapter. Boy, some revelations 10 years in the making in that one. Can't wait to see what's next!
    The Great Butler
    The Great Butler
    Thank you! I really appreciate getting to hear from you on it, and so promptly too. I'm all ears if you have anything you'd like to go into detail on.

Also, I want to apologize - I've been meaning to read Proving Grounds for a while and things have just not been all that conductive to getting anything done lately. I promise it's going to happen.
    Morpher01
    Morpher01
    No worries, I know RL and other things can take up time.
    I haven't been actively reviewing lately due to RL and focus on my own work, but I wanted to let you know I have been keeping up with Angel of Reckoning. Intriguing stuff as always!
    Morpher01
    Morpher01
    For starters, I'm definitely interested in what's going to happen with Renzo, and his battle with Anabel was a highlight for me. Seeing Olivia growing as a trainer is also really neat, and while I could say more, it's hard to condense all my thoughts into even full review length, let alone a profile comment.
    The Great Butler
    The Great Butler
    I'm happy to hear you enjoyed all of that. It certainly has had a lot put into it, so to hear that you liked it means a lot. Thank you.
    The Great Butler
    The Great Butler
    Oh, I did want to mention I'm working on a really pivotal chapter right now that's been building up since the beginning. I'm trying to get the drive to finish it and it's been tough, but it's coming.
    Hey, did you hear about movie 22 yet?
    The Great Butler
    The Great Butler
    I'm expecting it to be a "remake" of the first movie the same way Movie 20 was a "remake" of Kanto - it begins in the same fashion but diverges into a new story based on the original. I suspect it will be a sort of combination of Mewtwo Strikes Back and Mewtwo Returns to a degree.
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    It seems like this movie will have cgi in it and apparently Takeshi Shudo may have some involvement with the movie's plot even though he's no longer with us.
    The Great Butler
    The Great Butler
    Most likely it's as I predicted: Shudo's original origin story for Mewtwo will be the first part of the film, then it will go in another direction. It's all going to work the same way Movie 20 did, which also credited Shudo as a screenplay writer because its prologue was heavily based on episode 1.
    You know what, it actually does mean something; I'd gotten side-tracked, but I've been thinking that I need to get back to work on my fic.
    Makes sense since that's where the plot starts picking up in the games. I get the feeling that they were going to interrupt the league for the climax.
    Just curious, what do you think of the Sun and Moon anime so far?
    I understand. Do they know what would have been planned for Team Plasma after these episodes? I'm pretty sure the plans for Team Rocket were probably the same with maybe some slight changes.
    Oh, awesome! :D I'll be taking a look at it shortly and dropping a review as well. And I hope that everything else is going all right for you, as well.
    Oh, right. I have too many ideas for projects, myself, which is great but can lead to a lack of focus if I'm not careful.

Any luck on the next chapter? And I do hope you're doing well.
    Ah, I see. I've been there, too, plenty of times. :/ Hopefully the muse is kinder in the upcoming weeks. It always comes back, sooner or later, I think

For me, my plot had gotten entangled and fuzzy and really just a disorganized mess of ideas. I'm currently trying to iron it out, in between working on original fiction.

Out of curiosity, do you have any other creative pursuits you engage in, in addition to fanfic writing?
    Understandable. Is it more of an issue with style? Or something more technical, like plot or maybe character?
    Yeah, it gets a lot more difficult when you have longer chapters. Mine have been too long as of late, so I'm thinking of making subsequent ones a bit shorter.

How's the creative muse been treating you lately?
    Yeah, I'd say it depends on how your writing style works. My goal will be to finish a chapter every month. The idea is -- If I create a buffer, then if I ever can't finish a chapter in time, I'll still be able to do monthly updates because I'll have the extra chapters already written out. So I'll be working ahead. I'm hoping to be able to re-establish my reader base that way, but we'll see what happens. Conceptually my fic is a monster, and I've realized that I really need to do some more careful planning before I accidentally build myself into any plot-holes.

But, writing as you go works well, too. I'll experiment to see if the buffer idea works.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…