1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Nerdy McNerdface

1. GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    yes
    and
    yes

They're probably my favorite games of all-time, tbh. Either them or 999. I've yet to play Trails in the Sky though.
    Jul 14, 2018
  2. Nerdy McNerdface
    Nerdy McNerdface
    Hi five me there, I have other favourites but Cold Steel’s has the most impact on me compared to anything in quite a while. I’d recommend Sky, it gives much more context to Cold Steel while also having a strong story of its own.
    Jul 14, 2018
  3. Nerdy McNerdface
    Nerdy McNerdface
    Also have I mentioned my undying love for Jusis
    Jul 14, 2018
  4. GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    I actually got a Steam account explicitly to play Sky, but I fizzled out after a few hours. I need to re-start that; I liked the combat in Steel so much that I just went with hard, but battles are too much of a drag, so I wanna play on normal. Especially since I'm mainly playing for the story/world -- it probably is my favorite video game setting ever.
    Jul 22, 2018
  5. GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    And I didn't realize it before, but I see now that Jusis is your avatar. That's a good scene. I think he was probably the character I used the most after Rean and Fie.
    Jul 22, 2018
  6. Nerdy McNerdface
    Nerdy McNerdface
    I ended up playing Sky on Normal, the combat is slightly different and I found it more challenging. I’d also say hold the Alt key as that activates turbo mode during fights and helps them to flow more easily. You can use it on the overworld too!

And yeah, the pic is the achievement icon for completing Chapter 2 on PC. I used him by far the most, he interested me from the moment I saw him and his character delivered.
    Jul 22, 2018
  7. GrizzlyB
    GrizzlyB
    Yeah, I feel like I took to the combat in Steel right away (of course, you start with more characters), but Sky is comparatively slow and difficult. Feels like I'm playing it more for the story, so no need to make it harder.

Oh, I didn't even realize it was an official picture -- thought it was fanart. I wonder if III will release on PC? Looking it up, it's PS4-only in Japan.
    Aug 4, 2018
  8. Nerdy McNerdface
    Nerdy McNerdface
    Sky was rather slow for me at first, but I got used to it by around halfway through the game. I can get that, I played the first Steel game on Easy because I had no idea what the combat would be like and just wanted to see a good story.

It actually is - XSEED asked some fanartists to make the icons for them. III will only release on PC once it’s out over here, the last two were made by XSEED rather than Falcom.
    Aug 4, 2018