• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Genaller
Genaller
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Agree with you about alain, just wish he would have been set up as a rival from the start he could be better than paul.
Genaller
Genaller
Perhaps though I’m not sure how it would work if Alain met Ash early on since Ash would be too weak at that point for Alain to care about him (maybe they could’ve had a scene of Alain battling Gurkin for ME energy when Ash came to Shalour and Ash ends up getting really impressed by his strength).
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Regardless except for alan who came in late sawyer and tierno were very poorly handled. Sawyer became very strong in very little time.
Genaller
Genaller
At least the rivalry was kind of foreshadowed all the way back in the first ME Act and in Act 4 Alain was able to do something Ash never could (beat an E4) which for long term fans at least would establish Alain as the guy against whom Ash has something to prove.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
He should have won against alain in KL semifinal and then lost to tobias like OP trainer in the finals.
Genaller
Genaller
Yeah I liked Sawyer’s initial characterization but his power spike from XYZ 13 to XYZ 26 was too absurd (unless Steven was already mentoring him by then). How do you think Tierno compares to Barry (both fit the “hyper active beta rival” mold and jobbed at the league to make a primary rival look better)?
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
The thing is everyone makes sawyer a prodigy but he wasn't one, no prodigy is going to make a basic mistake of using a dragon type against valerie's fairy type knowing it would not affect them. Tierno was more of a dancer whereas barry was an actual trainer who used strategy.
Also alain could be introduced earlier just like gladion was introduced earlier despite being far superior to ash.
Genaller
Genaller
I mean ideally I’d just rather Ash won the league though it would’ve been hilarious if some guy with say a Mega Mewtwo X was Ash’s final opponent and just completely stomped him.
Genaller
Genaller
Well as far as I’m concerned Tierno > Barry in terms of raw trainer skill. First off suing Spikes doesn’t automatically make you a good trainer. Barry’s main problem was that he kept on overestimating the capabilities of his own Pokémon (especially speed) while underestimating those of Paul’s.
Genaller
Genaller
It should’ve been obvious to him that there was no way Empoleon was gonna beat Electivire in speed, so he should’ve focused on enduring and counter-attacking rather than fruitlessesly having Empoleon dodge all the time which just wasted stamina.