• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Genaller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Did you hear? Ash-Greninja is confirmed to be Greninja's final smash in Smash Bros Ultimate!
    Reactions: Genaller
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Seriously? That’s awesome!
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Yep! I don't play really, but I'm definitely gonna watch clips of it to see how cool it looks :D. It also indicates how popular Ash-Greninja is so that's a good thing as well
    Just finished Your Name. That really made me feel. Why can I have something like that? :(
    Genaller
    Genaller
    It’s a good movie. It has some logic issues, but it is very emotionally resonating. I don’t think it’s a masterpiece, but I get why many do.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Ye, it got super confusing. But I kinda was too busy getting the feels. For me, it was an emotional masterpiece if you know what I mean

Think I'll watch Silent Voice next
    Hey, I wasn't aware you'd even read any of my blog posts, ha ha.
    E
    Epicocity
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    my reason for liking bw more than sm is mainly because the change to the anime in sm was so drastic that i'm not even sure if it's temporary or not. + with how much they're forcing the games to be as casual as possible, maybe they want the anime experience to be like that as well

during bw i thought the anime would eventually go back to normal. with sm i'm honestly not sure and am even kind of cynical
    E
    Epicocity
    I don't think the games have anything to do with it.

XY was pretty easy as a pair of games yet in the anime it was depicted as one of the hardest regions from Mega Evolution, to Ash's strategies, the low number of League participants, and even those who couldn't get in.

I have no idea why they chose this direction.
    Hey that got me wondering, since I already know what battles you like the best, what's the worst of all time serious non-gag battle in the show to you (not limited to full battles)? For me probably Ash's second battle with Trip lol
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Ash vs Ritchie. I actually like the angle at the end where Charizard disobeys Ash since Ash never tried to tame him during the 2 month wait period, but the rest of the battle was a disgrace on multiple lvls.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Yeah Ash vs Ritchie is just disgraceful. Beyond that, Ash vs Morisson, Ash vs Elesa and Ash vs Cameron are up there. In the Ash vs Elesa episode, I literally wanted to get inside the TV and smash Ash's head with a hammer, cause the stupidity he showed there was migraine inducing.
    It’s been made clear that SM is not for someone like me, therefore I no longer have any active investment in this series.
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    i'll check the battle out. that's a cool thing to know though but I hope we get the real Ash back next series then instead of another inferior clone XD
    Power Up
    Power Up
    oof. Dude, you just now quit? I've had reduced to simply reading synops of eps. Well at least you can join the train. Gonna be a rough year
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Hope you don't quit the forum man. The forum has already lost a lot of good people. We can tough it out for another year
    Lol that Paul vs Alain thread does seem familiar ^^
    okay little bit of advice, don't completely get rid of cooldowns/posting restrictions for the final round of your face-off. i just tried that in the western cartoon face-off and things went to 2016 levels of posts and confusion (you haven't experienced that but that's when a lot of people are posting at the same time resulting in nobody knowing what the tally is)
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Hahahaha it’s already over xD!
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    ikr, i thought at most it would casually get votes every 20 minutes or so without the cooldowns, i was mistaken XD

basically came down to looney tunes and avatar which i predicted right away lol
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    sorry about that, mostly i think we in pad are used to treating every thread as a little chatroom for any topic which is a bad habit i admit
    Big Brother is getting exciting ^^ You got my revised entry two hours ago right?
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah I did ^^. There’s still a good chance for someone to come up with a better answer though Frank winning the veto challenge would lead to the most drama :cool:.
    what are your favourite pokemon games? i've only ever seen you talk about the show
    Genaller
    Genaller
    IIRC even Blue didn’t have his own theme till the Champion Battle so...

Regardless I still wish the Kanto rival was a douche bag like Blue (seriously GF what’s so wrong with an antagonistic rival that you love to beat up!?).
    Dragalge
    Dragalge
    Trace looks like such a dork lmao
    Dragalge
    Dragalge
    Oh and my favorite Pokémon games are a tie between Platinum and BW2! So much content in both, decent stories that aren’t in your face, and the regions (especially BW2 being vastly upgraded) are fun to explore!
    So have you watched the new SM opening yet?
    Genaller
    Genaller
    LMAO I just realized Torracat has a “100% official battle win rate” and so does Lycanroc depending on if the first Nanu battle counts as official or not (I’ll say it doesn’t since Ash’s non-gym battles with Gardenia and Fantina weren’t counted in that chart) xD.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Also, I can almost guarantee that in the league, in whatever battle Lycanroc is the focus, it will be struggling, and to motivate Lycanroc on, Ash will end up shaking his booty. After all, the booty shake has apparently been a huge factor for Rockruff/Lycanroc to go on.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Lol yeah I can totally picture it now; Silvally has Lycanroc on the ropes and then Ash starts shaken dat booty much to Silvally’s and Gladion’s bewilderment cheering Lycanroc up and causing enough of a distraction to give Lycanroc an openning for the win!... xD.
    Think I might watch Kaiji. Miss that Death Note feels. Maybe Texhnolyze next. You watched either?
    Genaller
    Genaller
    The romance part was actually fine (albeit a bit too smooth considering they’re teenagers). Btw have you seen SAO abridged? I love that series and honestly the writing is a lot better than in the original.

Yeah it’s a face-off for various anime series. Since you’re a general anime fan like me I figured you might be interested in it.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    What part did you not like? Time skips? I hated those, but I think it was the writers first work. He's making a Progressive series that follows SAO through every floor. I hope they animate that cause I don't read LN or manga.

And ye I have :p. Definitely funny.

I have watched some, but I'm not as well-versed as you. Will take a look anyhow :D
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah the erratic time skips were aggravating though more than that it’s how the show goes from being this life or death struggle to “Kirito helps out girl of the day” episodes that felt really jarring.

Also Yui; I could write an essay on how she messed up the whole narrative. They’re several other logic issues that irked me.
    A video that encompasses nearly every, if not EVERY pokemon player out there who does competitive battling....HOW TO POKEMON SHOWDOWN
    how are you liking the face-offs section? i've been posting there pretty much as long as i've had this account lol. they're kind of addictive especially the ones that start getting a lot of posts

back when the face-offs community was much larger, dragalge once even had a fruit face-off that somehow got really competitive at some points

btw, are there any issues with big brother?
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    just letting you know that the F3 HOH is different from the others.

the challenge has 3 parts. the winner of part 1 gets to skip part 2 & move on to part 3. the two losers do part 2, and the winner of that moves on to part 3. whoever wins part 3 has sole power to evict either of the losers and there's no veto
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Interesting. I was just going to do 1 challenge where the winner essentially picks who they want in the finals with them though maybe that way is better since everyone gets at least 2 chances. I’ll see how I want to handle the F3 when we get that far.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I’ll start up the next round tmw.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well going by My Anime List + the videos I have seen of Youtube, the commom anime's I have found are Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Gintama, Steins;Gate and Fate/Zero. I'm guessing that these 4 anime's are really top class as I have seen these shows at the top side in pretty much every list I've seen. :)
    Genaller
    Genaller
    FMA:B probably is the GOAT Action Adventure Shōnen. Gintama is the best comedy anime. Steins;Gate is a really emotional time-travel Thriller; it’s 1 of the best character driven series I’ve seen. Fate/Zero is basically a modern Greek Tragedy; easily the darkest of these 4. It’s ending will simultaneously leave you depressed and hopefully!
    Genaller
    Genaller
    A lot of Gintama isn’t dubbed and in general Gintama is VERY LONG though the other 3 have been fully dubbed and all of their dubs are excellent.
    Wanted to discuss Serena here since in that Iris thread it's off topic (and the thread will be locked soon anyway). Serena's popular sure, but the first 3 girls have double the viewership due to the anime being more popular, and besides liking the ship, the rest of Serena's arc/showcases weren't as popular in the fandom as the Contests were, especially from non-shippers.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Either in polls or in the general Pokémon Anime Discussion section like the Iris thread (most likely the latter).

Yeah that is surprising. The OP seemed like the sort of post that gets threads locked up.
    yab
    yab
    For some reason I feel like threads in anime polls have better discussion/debates, whereas threads in the main section have flamewars or bashing. I don't know why, maybe because casual fans visit the main section and not polls. That's why I think analysis thread in polls is probably a better option.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    That’s an interesting observation. Yeah the people who visit polls would be a subset of the people visit the general PAD section. The irony is that polls was never meant to be a “debate” section though several members (myself included) pretty much turned it into 1. I’m glad to read your appraisal of the general quality of discussions over there.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…