1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by 345ash-greninja

1. keepitsimple
    Oct 23, 2018
  2. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Doesn't contradict anything I said. ;) I asked people which episode they prefer, and then informed them about the face-off thread, inviting them to vote. I never manipulated or persuaded anyone to anyone to like and vote in favour of a certain episode...like Genaller was doing to Dragalge at a certain point. ;)
    Oct 23, 2018
    keepitsimple likes this.
  3. keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    I prefer The Island Of Giant Pokemon btw
    Oct 23, 2018
  4. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    We all pretty much know that at this point, at least everyone who posts in that thread lol. :P I wonder if you dislike Paul. :o
    Oct 23, 2018
    keepitsimple likes this.
  5. CMButch
    CMButch
    Hi, what's up, haven't been here for too long. IDK, I like 'BaTiR' more I guess. The island is good episode too. Sorry memory too foggy on Pokemon, didn't check that for too long. But, I saw DP trailer and new Pokemon. So, I kinda wanted to see what's going on with this site.
    Nov 13, 2018
    345ash-greninja and keepitsimple like this.
  6. keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    There's no problem, we were having a pokemon episode face-off a while ago (it ended the other day) and he was just inviting people to join in to help the Battling a Thaw in Relations win
    Nov 13, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  7. CMButch
    CMButch
    Oh Ok, BTW sorry to ask you a question but have problem here, I wanted to put one signature( a picture) but it seems it doesn't work - picture won't show but only an address of that picture. Pre-changes( prior March 2018) it was much better, because this is new and it seems BB codes don't work. Can you tell me how to make it work? Thanks in advance.
    Nov 13, 2018
    345ash-greninja likes this.
  8. CMButch
    CMButch
    BTW, it seems I did it, I used different BB code it seems.
    Nov 13, 2018
    keepitsimple likes this.
  9. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Hi. :) I've been fine recently apart from a (possibly permanent) break-up with one of my closest friends around here in Genaller that happened yesterday. :(:) I'd recommend you to check out the Face-Off section of SPPF though CMB, it's a nice section and playing the Face-Off Games there is really fun. ;)
    Nov 14, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  10. CMButch
    CMButch
    I see, sorry to ask if it's not the private matter, but what was the reason of that breakup? And maybe you can talk it out (PM or public)? Sure, I will have that in mind, but no promises, I kind of distanced myself from this site because I lost interest in Pokemon SM anime( mainly I am here because of that and not games).Hooefully, 8 is back to the roots :D.
    Nov 14, 2018
  11. CMButch
    CMButch
    I will try and be here almost everyday, but it's kinda hard, though.I will be here frequently in about a year when we get news on Gen 8 so I can give my views what will Ash catch, companions etc ;)
    Nov 14, 2018
  12. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well, what happened has happened and I doubt it can be changed at this point (Gen himself pretty much didn't want to make up with me which is why despite many suggestions of putting things behind us and moving on from my part he didn't do it and decided that he's gonna unfollow me and put me of ignore list. :(
    Nov 15, 2018
  13. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well, playing in the Face-Off sections is really fun...and once you start playing it there is a tendency of getting attached and really invested as from what I've experienced. ;)

Well honestly I'm also finding SM anime overall pretty much underwhelming and pretty much a big letdown from the XY series. :/
    Nov 15, 2018
  14. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    The lack of quality Pokemon battles, forced comedy and cringeworthy slapstick sort of just pisses me off, though I'll say that it's still better than BW and OS Kanto, and it's pretty much only the really plot heavy arcs like the Necrozma arc where I could get invested. And not to mention that the LGPE arc has been really underwhelming so far since it has started from SM91. :/
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  15. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I just Gen 8 (games and anime) fixes all of this. :)
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  16. CMButch
    CMButch
    For me SM is at the bottom because I tend to rate series based on my enjoyment which I didn't find in SM for ..2 years right now. I did find some episodes enjoyable but not entire series.I probably said this on some threads but if you don't mind I will tell you why I rate it that way: In 2010 I watched Pokemon on old DVD's prior my internet(I am a late bloomer when it comes to that xd).
    Nov 15, 2018
  17. CMButch
    CMButch
    I think was OS with some AG and I liked it I wan invested in the Pokemon. Soon as I got internet I found out this site and decided to check it frequently. I remember on TV in 2010, I saw Ash, Dawn and Brock and I will like who is this girl and I found it was Dawn, I still remember me being on vacation and I saw 3 part battles with Paul soon to be out. I was excited. BW came and I watched it all except DI.
    Nov 15, 2018
  18. CMButch
    CMButch
    At that time, I was finishing high-school and I started changing, I kinda started losing interest in Pokemon, tbh. DI was also sh*t. That's why I dropped it.When XY came, it all changed I wanted to see what's going on this site,but soon in 2014 I lost interest in Pokemon again because I disliked that Ash didn't get much Pokemon in XY.
    Nov 15, 2018
  19. CMButch
    CMButch
    2 years after that, in 2016 after finishing exams I decided to give XY a second chance learning after so much happened I decided to make an account here and to watch XY... and I liked it very much :) Just to say; I think when it comes of BW I held it beyond OS because I was like 14-15 when BW came out so I liked it, now that I am soon-to be 23 if I rewatch BW...
    Nov 15, 2018
  20. CMButch
    CMButch
    I think it will be OK at best, but still better than SM and now here's the why: comedy( "funny faces") aka JoJo faces. Those faces don't suit Pokemon at all in my opinion. They take away all the fun IMO. It's just cringe. Slapstick is OK but I think SM's comedy would be gold if it were "slapcom" or "sitstick".
    Nov 15, 2018
  21. CMButch
    CMButch
    Those terms are like between slapstick and sitcom. Like mix between Everybody loves Raymond and Tom and Jerry. OS 4Kids was like that. SM is like Tom and Jerry and just to say; slapstick doesn't work all the time, in some shows/movies slapstick alone doesn't work.. like Pokemon.
    Nov 15, 2018
  22. CMButch
    CMButch
    Same with Tom and Jerry. Imagine T&J a sitcom. I don't see it. Imagine ELR a slapstick. I don't see it. That's why I don't think slapstick works with Pokemon well. But sitcom and sitstick( like combo) do work. So in conclusion:
    Nov 15, 2018
  23. CMButch
    CMButch
    If SM removed those "JoJo faces" and put sitcom/sitstick comedy and everything else is same as in SM( lack of travelling/battles) I'd put SM near AG.
    Nov 15, 2018
  24. CMButch
    CMButch
    Sorry for lengthy response, so yeah hopefully Gen 8 is like DP/XY, we will see we have to wait for a year ;(
    Nov 15, 2018
  25. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I agree with you for the most part what you overall said here, except for the fact that it's the worst series overall. Battling wise Ash has still shown some competency, Ash's Lycanroc is a character I can actually get invested into and Necrozma I thought was pretty good. But yeah, apart from that, pretty much almost everything has been underwhelming as a whole. :/
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  26. CMButch
    CMButch
    I agree that SM has some aspects that are better than BW as a fact( like Ash being competent unlike in BW, Lillie> Iris), but enjoyment-wise I can't get into SM because of that comedy.Enjoyment is key factor here. Like example, some people didn't enjoy Interstellar but think it has some aspects that are good.
    Nov 15, 2018
  27. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Which is the main reason despite making sure to check out the upcoming episodes of Pokemon I'm enjoying quite some other anime now (which I didn't quite use to do at a point). :)
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  28. CMButch
    CMButch
    But they rank Adam Sandler's Pixels or Transformers above Interstellar or The Dark Knight, they're not wrong they just enjoy different things, though.
    Nov 15, 2018
  29. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, I am wondering will Ash catch anything and when will the league start. That Eevee looks promising,though.
    Nov 15, 2018
  30. CMButch
    CMButch
    I think he will catch that Eevee and maybe it will evolve into Gen 8 Eevee. We always get new Eevee every second gen.So, maybe it will evolve next year June/July.
    Nov 15, 2018
  31. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I honestly have doubts about Ash catching anymore Pokemon in Alola TBH. With Poipole being released and so on, Ash still has 2 freaking slots to fill up and if he does catch 2 more at this point, where's the tine to develop them?
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  32. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    To still fill the 2 remaining slots, I wonder if Ash will bring back some of Kanto mons TBH. With LGPE promotion coming in, bringing in the Kanto mons could make sense I guess.
    Nov 15, 2018
  33. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, agreed.Maybe Greninja will come back. If he catches that Eevee that means 1 slot would be for Pokemon in-training or released:
    Squirtle, Primeape and Greninja are my only options that could return.
    Nov 15, 2018
  34. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well if you have seen Eevee in the segments at the of the episodes, it personality wise is a comedy drama-queen, and reminds me of Pokemon like Dawn Piplup and Ash's Oshawott.
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  35. CMButch
    CMButch
    Squirtle: can always come back when there's no fire to be put out. Jenny can deliver him. Primeape was sent to train, he can come like Gliscor did.Butterfree: he either died or with family.He won't be back.Pidgeot: he's with his group probably still a leader won't come back. Lapras: same as Pidgeot.
    Nov 15, 2018
  36. CMButch
    CMButch
    Greninja: Zygarde can fly him to Ash, not to mention Greninja's job is to cut the vines which he probably did it already. He can locate Ash with BP.Goodra: I don't see him returning he's with his friends in Kalos.Poipole: same won't return.
    Nov 15, 2018
  37. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    And Pokemon that are personality wise drama queens, tend to take up a lot of screentime with their comedic slapstick aspect, and so if Ash does catch it, I'm getting that feeling that it might take away all the needed spotlight from Rowlet and Torracat. Add to this the LGPE promo factor.
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  38. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, it seems that's the case; if the league is happening in LGPE arc it seems,Ash will use Kanto Pokemon including Charizard. Hey, maybe Oak will give Ash Stone to evolve Charizard :) Finally,that'd be :D
    Nov 15, 2018
  39. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well, regarding the Pokemon which can return as reserves, I think that only Kanto mons will cuz LGPE promotion, I'm not too optimistic about Greninja TBH. I think Charizard, Squirtle and Bulbasaur might. :/
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  40. CMButch
    CMButch
    I'd sh*t my pants if Primeape appears before the league. XD
    Nov 15, 2018
  41. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah, Charizard getting to ME would be a real plus point if that happens. :)
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.
  42. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well...not sure if the writers still remember about Primeape. :P
    Nov 15, 2018
    CMButch likes this.