• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

CMButch
CMButch
I think it will be OK at best, but still better than SM and now here's the why: comedy( "funny faces") aka JoJo faces. Those faces don't suit Pokemon at all in my opinion. They take away all the fun IMO. It's just cringe. Slapstick is OK but I think SM's comedy would be gold if it were "slapcom" or "sitstick".
CMButch
CMButch
Those terms are like between slapstick and sitcom. Like mix between Everybody loves Raymond and Tom and Jerry. OS 4Kids was like that. SM is like Tom and Jerry and just to say; slapstick doesn't work all the time, in some shows/movies slapstick alone doesn't work.. like Pokemon.
CMButch
CMButch
Same with Tom and Jerry. Imagine T&J a sitcom. I don't see it. Imagine ELR a slapstick. I don't see it. That's why I don't think slapstick works with Pokemon well. But sitcom and sitstick( like combo) do work. So in conclusion:
CMButch
CMButch
If SM removed those "JoJo faces" and put sitcom/sitstick comedy and everything else is same as in SM( lack of travelling/battles) I'd put SM near AG.
CMButch
CMButch
Sorry for lengthy response, so yeah hopefully Gen 8 is like DP/XY, we will see we have to wait for a year ;(
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I agree with you for the most part what you overall said here, except for the fact that it's the worst series overall. Battling wise Ash has still shown some competency, Ash's Lycanroc is a character I can actually get invested into and Necrozma I thought was pretty good. But yeah, apart from that, pretty much almost everything has been underwhelming as a whole. :/
CMButch
CMButch
I agree that SM has some aspects that are better than BW as a fact( like Ash being competent unlike in BW, Lillie> Iris), but enjoyment-wise I can't get into SM because of that comedy.Enjoyment is key factor here. Like example, some people didn't enjoy Interstellar but think it has some aspects that are good.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Which is the main reason despite making sure to check out the upcoming episodes of Pokemon I'm enjoying quite some other anime now (which I didn't quite use to do at a point). :)
CMButch
CMButch
But they rank Adam Sandler's Pixels or Transformers above Interstellar or The Dark Knight, they're not wrong they just enjoy different things, though.
CMButch
CMButch
Yeah, I am wondering will Ash catch anything and when will the league start. That Eevee looks promising,though.
CMButch
CMButch
I think he will catch that Eevee and maybe it will evolve into Gen 8 Eevee. We always get new Eevee every second gen.So, maybe it will evolve next year June/July.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I honestly have doubts about Ash catching anymore Pokemon in Alola TBH. With Poipole being released and so on, Ash still has 2 freaking slots to fill up and if he does catch 2 more at this point, where's the tine to develop them?
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
To still fill the 2 remaining slots, I wonder if Ash will bring back some of Kanto mons TBH. With LGPE promotion coming in, bringing in the Kanto mons could make sense I guess.
CMButch
CMButch
Yeah, agreed.Maybe Greninja will come back. If he catches that Eevee that means 1 slot would be for Pokemon in-training or released:
Squirtle, Primeape and Greninja are my only options that could return.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Well if you have seen Eevee in the segments at the of the episodes, it personality wise is a comedy drama-queen, and reminds me of Pokemon like Dawn Piplup and Ash's Oshawott.
CMButch
CMButch
Squirtle: can always come back when there's no fire to be put out. Jenny can deliver him. Primeape was sent to train, he can come like Gliscor did.Butterfree: he either died or with family.He won't be back.Pidgeot: he's with his group probably still a leader won't come back. Lapras: same as Pidgeot.
CMButch
CMButch
Greninja: Zygarde can fly him to Ash, not to mention Greninja's job is to cut the vines which he probably did it already. He can locate Ash with BP.Goodra: I don't see him returning he's with his friends in Kalos.Poipole: same won't return.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
And Pokemon that are personality wise drama queens, tend to take up a lot of screentime with their comedic slapstick aspect, and so if Ash does catch it, I'm getting that feeling that it might take away all the needed spotlight from Rowlet and Torracat. Add to this the LGPE promo factor.
CMButch
CMButch
Yeah, it seems that's the case; if the league is happening in LGPE arc it seems,Ash will use Kanto Pokemon including Charizard. Hey, maybe Oak will give Ash Stone to evolve Charizard :) Finally,that'd be :D
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Well, regarding the Pokemon which can return as reserves, I think that only Kanto mons will cuz LGPE promotion, I'm not too optimistic about Greninja TBH. I think Charizard, Squirtle and Bulbasaur might. :/