• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Nah majority of may's wins were PIS/DEM, that medicham trainer detroyed drew in that contest who was far ahead of may yet she on, her wins in hoenn contests were very poor, though she did got better in kaanto GF, i think she was best in wallace cup. As for battler i think hoenn coordinators were more of a battler than coordinators.
K
Kintaro
The Medicham trainer was more experienced, but that doesn't matter, the Beautifly/Medicham fight itself was great and still to this day one of the best contest battles. Drew wasn't that experienced in the start, it's why we watched him lose a lot in early Hoenn. Also Combusken/Grumpig, Bulbasaur/Cacturne, and even Skitty/Jynx were well done battles, the skitty/dusclops one was crap tho
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Lol what are you talking about, beautifly/medicham was a PIS match, no way could beautifly with its capacity could come close to beating that medicham, as for all other contests may was always losing the match but in between her pokemon learns new move and she smehow wins it. Besides drew was always way stronger than may, he already had 3 ribbons when may had zero ribbons.
K
Kintaro
The Beautifly/Medicham match has always been considered one of the best battles, why do you mean? Beautifly also immobilized Medichams arms with its silver wind and then tackled in, and also used its attacks to hit diagonally across the field. And none of her pokemon learned new moves in the Hoenn contests, you're thinking of Combusken learning mega kick in the BF one.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Compare that with dawn's contests which had creativity, there us a reason why ash never missed single one of her contests while he used to train his pokemon during may's contests. The final battle between sceptile and blaziken was also DEM, blaziken only got one hit on sceptile and sceptile was low on energy, the same sceptile who had singlehandidly won ash a frontier symbol.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Because tht beautifly should not be even close to beating that medicham, it was way superior to beautifly, who had lost big time to roselia who was destroyed by that medicham that was DEM at its best.As for may's other battles, it was pretty much the same with may losing on most times then made her comeback with 1-2 moves, iall her battles her opponents were much better than her but she won due to the plot.
K
Kintaro
Ash trained in AG because he wasn't used to his companion having a goal the first time, same reason Ash and May used to argue over which town to head to next if the Gym/Contest was in a different location. He watched all of May's Contests after the Combusken/Grumpig one, meaning the last two Hoenn ones and all the BF ones.
K
Kintaro
The Blaziken Vs. Sceptile contest specifically had the judges say they deducted points off Sceptile because Ash was battling like it was a normal battle, it's made clear right in the episode if you've forgotten. We even see a scene where Ash is shocked after using Leaf Blade because he didn't know why the judges deducted points from him, they show it.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
still doesn't count out that he skipped her contests, not to mention trained with dawn multiple times as well as taking her techniques i dont remember him doing the same with may, pretty sure may throughout AG was copying ash which even brock and scott noticed.
K
Kintaro
Again regarding the Medicham/Beautifly battle it doesn't matter she beat Drew, or if she was more experienced, I'm talking about the actual battle being well done. Beautifly had a great fight where May showed actual strategy and techniques, and that's why she won, whereas Drew fought it head on and lost.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Then how do you explain sceptile having forced to use overgrow, it was just hit once throughout the match and other times it totally dominated blaziken. Sceptile should have destroyed blaziken easily if not for plot.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Ofcourse beautifly showed great fight, it was pwered by plot after all, othwise it would have been unable to battle ater getting hit initially.
K
Kintaro
Sceptile used overgrow for the first time since Norman's Gym I believe, but it was at full strength, Ash was only losing points for head-on battling. What I meant with Beautifly is May used strategy with silver wind deflecting Medicham's attacks, then immobilizing its arms preventing it from attacking before finishing it off with a tackle. Beautifly didn't take too much damage either in that fight before winning.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Again you dont get it, how was sceptile low on energy after getting hit just once. Afterall it didn't even use it against frontier brains who are far more superior to may.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
As for beautifly it may have used strategy but it still was hit multiple times, i recommend you go and watch it again and it should have lost right as medicham was tiers above beautifly there, drew's roselia lost after getting hit that many times. Both battles were example of PIS.
K
Kintaro
I've seen the battle many times, it's also on youtube. Of course it takes hits, all pokemon do, but it was never hurt badly and Beautifly used silver wind to stop Medicham from attacking and did several combination attacks. Medicham beating Roselia has nothing to do with this fight, it doesn't matter if she beat Drew.
K
Kintaro
A pokemon beating another trainer even slightly more experienced (and as I said, Drew wasn't THAT experienced in early Hoenn as he loses a lot), doesn't make a difference for how the actual beautifly/medicham battle played out. Ash beats Gym leaders with decades of experience over him, and Dawn beat that mother coordinator too.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
Experience or not drew was far superior to may which was proven when his roselia flat out destroyed beautifly without breaking any sweat, so ofcourse beautifly wining against any opponent which is stronger is plain BS. As for dawn beating her mother;s friend that was only because she had left being a trainer a long time ago.
K
Kintaro
It's different circumstances, and it was May's first contest where she had no idea what to do. The Beautifly/Medicham battle is around 25+ episodes later. Of course Beautifly would be trashed at first, and as I said Drew's Roselia lost because he tried attacking it head on. Beautifly Vs. Medicham didn't do that. They show the strategy in the ep.
ash&charizardfan
ash&charizardfan
And that was may's second contest, which was not that far away, if this had happened towards the end of series then it made sense, but it happened not that long ago in about 20 episodes, and drew was more strategic than may ever was. Beautifly got plot powers to even stop medicham's attacks which should have been too OP.