• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
345ash-greninja

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• i think lowering your cooldowns would be a good idea. the reason they were so long in the pokemon anime face-off and cartoons face-off is because there were so few regular posters and i wanted to give everyone a chance to vote regardless of timezone

now that there are a lot more regulars than there were last year, long cooldowns aren't exactly needed anymore - there are enough people voting anyway
    I can’t believe you hate Edward Elric now!
    Steins;Gate and Cowboy Bebop are both extremely overrated anime shows.
    Reactions: wolf jani
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    code geass interests me more
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well, that's an amazing show for sure, pretty sure that almost everyone (except Darthlord7) amongst us in Serebii agrees with that too....a.k.a. it's a show majorly agreed to be great, so no surprise.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Steins;Gate and Cowboy Bebop are also highly acclaimed by many people around here, but both me and wolf jani share negative viewpoints about these 2 shows.

I do wonder that on which side you will be in case you watch these 2 shows at some point. ;)
    CC: I don't believe you because you're a liar
    Lelouch: I'm not going to decieve you over a pizza!
    CC: I don't like cold pizza!
    Lmao
    Since you don't really have any nominations, could you nominate the following for the video game characters?

1. Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption 2)

2. Ryu (Street Fighter series)

3. John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

4. Big Boss/ Naked Snake (Metal Gear Solid series)

5. Nathan Drake (Uncharted series)
    Reactions: 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well, sure. :)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Well, I just remembered two more Hitman characters whom I really liked and would like to nominate, so could you please just reduce your list here to 5? :)
    Responding to your quote in the rate the fictional character game.

Meh, I prefer Levi over Eren and Mikasa. Not saying Eren and Mikasa aren’t good, I do love them both I just prefer Levi’s character.
    Reactions: 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I see, fair enough. :) Levi has that superb cool factor, has some character development + backstory reveal in Season 3 too, but the characters with the most depth, for whom I got invested the most, who make me very deeply care for them are Eren and Mikasa. There dynamic is so amazingly strong, nearly unparalleled in almost any anime I've seen so far. :)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    And in the meantime, my girl Mikasa is in a matchup in the Anime Character Face-Off. I'm just resting all hopes on you now to make my best anime girl win. :)
    So I've finished watching all 49 episodes of Attack On Titan and.....being overwhelmed by the show I'm a marvelled lunatic now!!!
    Reactions: xEryChan
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I guess the 4th member is that red-haired girl, that hacker Edward, right? Well, Pokemon anime, especially in BF, DP and XY did follow a specific plot/storyline, with Ash having a specific objective in every particular region and doing stuff like challenging Gyms and eventually competing in the League. It definitely has pretty of fillers but has several plot-centric episodes as well,
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    so I can somewhat bear that. But then again I don't rate the Pokemon anime very highly overall despite all the childhood nostalgia for it, do I? ;)

@Akkipeddi KonoSuba is definitely in my plans and I will probably watch it very soon. And I do of course prefer dub and find them a lot more convenient,
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    but it's not like I can't watch subbed. I did watch the last 2 seasons of Food Wars subbed about a month and a half ago, since those two seasons haven't been dubbed yet.
    #teamsobble
    Reactions: Dragalge
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    5ds' first 64-ish episodes arer easily among, if not THE best arc in the franchise, but then it has a huge nosedive for like the next 30-ish episodes, then it gradually recovers (I haven't seen ALL of it, but still quite a bit), though it never gets as bad as how arc v gets near the end
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I see. :) Well I'll know better when I see it of course....but I can already pretty much that it'll be amazing. I've seen some of Yusei's duels in YouTube and they are amazing, dueling on motorcycles is just something else.

Anyway, mind giving Akiza some help now in the Face-Off (I assume you like her too right)? ;)
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    she's easily the best female duelist, but she falls to the sidelines pretty much the moment said "best arc" ends (this was due to real life issues IIRC, as there was originally going to be an arc heavily tied to her, but it would've involved cults, and one of the VAs was recently outed as a cultist at the time)
    Attack On Titan is just totally shaking me up to the core....
    Pokegirl Fan~
    Pokegirl Fan~
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I see. :) Well FMA:B, MHA, Hunter x Hunter, and even DBZ/Naruto are definitely mainstream but well...Sailor Moon isn't that much compared to them (though it's still iconic). And so are anime like Transformers, Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing etc...they aren't so much mainstream compared to some of the shows I mentioned.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    And now I've watched some other mainstream like Code Geass, Death Note, Steins;Gate (which I personally don't rate very highly) and now watching Attack On Titan as well so...
    Are you still watching sm? Haven't seen you in the discussion threads recently (also, who the heck is terrance?)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    SM on the other hand, is just a underwhelming experience of a SOL anime. Crappy art style for the sake of better animation what isn't working out well, way too much cringeworthy, excessive and awkward slapstick during the fillers, forced comedy, Pokemon battles have enormously dropped in terms of quality and have become less frequent...it more like basically a cluster-**** if you ask me.
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    they're trying new stuff out and improving fillers, but at the cost of having really good battles, basically. gladion vs ash, the most recent one was ok, but devastating drake was underwhelming. there really aren't that many good battles because they just aren't putting in the effort. disappointing, if you ask me. SM would be so much better if the battles were just as good as previous series.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    tbh, I'm fine with the "soak" stuff, it's a strategy that has been established to work multiple times before, so at least it's internally consistent. However, the battle being a 1v1 that started halfway through the episode and torracat not being there is unforgivable
    aren't you disappointed by how the last grand trial was handled? like seriously once again they show how lazy they are when it comes to battles. just a 1V1 with another a**pull that returned from gen 1 - there was nothing particularly creative at all. there were some cool ideas that could have been used for the battle by ash that were posted by some people in PRB12's comment section for the most recent episode.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Guren Lagann is on my list lol (check my MAL account). Also if we are counting the whole/entire fight vs Father (starting with that part with the confrontation vs Hohenheim and later on everyone fighting together with Father outside the military base, I'd just say very few fights in fact can top the intensity and epicness of that. ;)
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    And again, having watched both, I can easily say that in final boss intensity regard, Gurren Lagann easily tops that for me. It's not just a final moment battle either, but it's a whole epic arc one after another which lasts for 4 episodes.
    blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    If you haven't already, be prepared for an extremely heartbreaking episode in episode 13.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Also Suzaku vs Lelouch is basically a rivalry as well, since they serve as each other's antithesis. Suzaku wants to change the system from within, thinking that it is wrong to use force, while Lelouch is willing to use force in order to achieve his results in the quickest way possible. Suzaku is more concerned about the methods, while Lelouch is only concerned about the results.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    That is the main reason why I like Suzaku a lot, he is literally presented as the perfect antithesis of Lelouch, the protagonist, which is why their clashes (of ideals, force whatever)
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    throughout the series basically all the very time feels so much intense, basically two opposites in literally almost every aspects, but at same time, both having a good and noble objective deep within.
    Have you started R2?
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Yes the fight with the Chinese Federation can sort of be considered as a tactical mistake on Lelouch's part. Episode 11 will reveal why he attacked the CF, but yes, even Lelouch didn't expect the fight would be so overwhelming.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    And that's what I really like, as it shows how human Lelouch is. He's a strategic genius no doubt, but he's ultimately human and is prone to making emotional decisions. Perfect example being the end of R1, he abandoned the Black Knights to save Nunnally. It was actually a terrible decision, but he was so emotional that he couldn't think straight.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    And I'm sure you realise what I mean about Suzaku in R2. He's a really hateable character now (even if he's a damn well written character). I especially hated that scene where he purposely wanted to toy with Lelouch by having him speak to Nunnally on the phone just to see if he got his memories back.
    So you finally finished season 1 of Code Geass. The last 7 episodes were phenomenal. Damn I felt so broken when Lelouch caused Euphie to go on a rampage and was forced to kill her. But he managed to turn that situation into his favor, truly turning him into an anti-hero from that moment.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah that part with Euphie going on a rampage being affected by the Geass, ordering to kill all the Japanese people was intense and enthralling, it really gave me the shivers. Euphie's dying moment had an enormous emotional appeal and weight, it really did crack me up. It gets intense through and through towards the end of the first season ending with that intense cliff-hanger at the end of the season.
    345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    It was extremely hard to stop watching at that cliff-hanger, but I had to since I had my schedule packed up with an 8 hour long audition today so there was no choice. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch season 2 cuz today it won't be until very late at night (post 11 pm) that I return home today. :)
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Now you understand why Ery wanted to start Code Geass R2, eventhough you kept asking her to start MHA season 2 instead. There's no way you can hold off for long after that cliffhanger.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…