• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
Genaller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Finally finished Rebuild 1.0. I think I'm going to finish Re: Zero, Future Diary, as well as some other shows before my on hold list gets too long...
    Genaller
    Genaller
    By being a fan since they were 9 (I think that’s when I got into anime proper).
    Power Up
    Power Up
    I have 19 anime on hold rn, so I'm probably going to tackle all the short ones first, from 12-26 most likely
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Gen's one of the fabled anime demigods
    ok, just watched the first episode of steins;gate and this is all I can say:
    1) Mayuri is lowkey creepy
    2) I'm confused
    Reactions: Genaller
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    It's not weirder, just way more intense. You'll definitely be in for a ride.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    looking forward tto it
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    just got through ep 13.. Yeesh, I know you said it'd be more intense, but I didn't expect THAT to happen so suddenly (though I saw moeka's betrayal coming from a mile away). Also, the beginning of ep 12 was just.........odd
    Randomly started watching Kaguya Sama. I... erm swear it wasn't because of the Chika dance or anything.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Also, something interesting I've observed is that although Tenma is officially a neurosurgeon, most of his surgeries and expertise seems to be in treating Arteries and Vessels, more along the lines of Vascular surgery.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah he seems to be well versed in every major area TBH. Maybe he chose neuro cuz surgeries involving the brain have high failure rates a.k.a with his skills he could make the most difference in that field.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    True. Actually it's probably him doing arterial operations that involve supply to the brain as well. Stuff like carotid artery, ischemic stroke, etc.
    do you think we'll get anything gen 8 related on today's direct? I'm expecting an announcement of a pokemon dedicated direct and MAYBE the titles, but not much else
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah probably the titles since they did that at around this time when gen 7 came out as well.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    yeah (though I hope they do it more like XY's reveal, where we got the titles, the starters, xerneas/Yveltal, and quite a bit of footage)
    Are you planning on watching any of the upcoming anime adaptations? Beastars, Infinite Dendrogram, Kanata no Astra, Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e, and Vinland Saga?
    Genaller
    Genaller
    They’re adapting Vinland Saga? Holy sh1t yes!!! I’ve heard some epic things about the manga.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    Yup! Check the trailer, it's up. Will be Amazon Prime only, but ya know.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    WIT's doing it so you know they know their CGI
    So in terms of epicness and sheer magnitude, which final battle did you think was better, Edward vs Father or Spiral vs Anti-Spiral? For me I preferred the latter by far.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    I think that (along with P5) this is 1 of the few shows that does an outstanding job executing ‘the power of really really wanting it’ trope seen in so many anime.
    keepitsimple
    keepitsimple
    That gives me an idea, we could try a Final Battles Face-Off one day, but only if I'm allowed to nominate Mukkey vs the Scyentest
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Mukkey vs the Scyentest doesn't need to be nominated cause it'll be the defending champion by default. The winner of the face-off will have to face Mukkey vs the Scyentest for the grand winner.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    @mehmeh1 Its greatness is beyond description. Any amount of words of praise will seem inadequate.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    IKR. It is something that must be experienced in order to ascertain it’s true unparalleled worth.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    I don't think I've ever come across any writing so deep and impactful as "I think his feet smell rely bad to, and I am a muk who smells very bad so i know what bad smells are, and he smells rely bad"
    Usagi Drop is shaping up to be my latest 10/10 and I'm only on the second ep lol

i really like kids
    Are you watching any western cartoons currently? If not, one I recommend is OKKO, it's kinda childish, obviously, but still pretty fun, especially season 2 (a weird way of describing it would be mha meets spongebob)
    Finished Gurren Lagaan at last. Phenomenal is all I can say. Episodes 23-27 were just one blockbuster after another. And of course, the feels, never forget the feels! Kittan's death, and what really got me was the final moment in episode 26, where Kamina appeared for everyone one last time to give the push to go on.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    And it's seriously sad that in a span of 8 episodes, Kamina had more development and reason for me care about for a character than Ash in 1000+ episodes.
    Power Up
    Power Up
    The early eps is what made it hard to get into this series, was kinda boring ep 1-2
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Coming back to this, I also realised that the soundtrack of this anime is an absolute banger. I love the music in this so much. Viral's theme is basically Linkin Park.

Speaking of Viral, you can't tell me that Gladion wasn't inspired by him. The same edgy hair, and overall mannerisms.

@Power Up, yeah episode 4 was the worst, but the series really picks up from episode 5
    Lol this sums up battles in SM. In the next episode for the grand trial against Hapu, Ash uses Pikachu against Mudsdale, and wins (cause the episode after this is a golf filler, indicating that Ash will win the grand trial).
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Yeah Viral is great. Going from a cool albeit 1-dimensional villain to a multi-layered character was a joy to watch.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Btw if you end up enjoying TTGL overall (and it seems like you will), then I’d definitely recommend Kill la Kill since it’s essentially made by the same people.
    mehmeh1
    mehmeh1
    at least the choreography of ash vs hapu seems nice, but still, should've been a 4v4
    I love this irony. In Code Geass dub, Suzaku is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal and Lelouch by Johnny Yong Bosch, and I hate Suzaku. In Gurren Lagann, Simon is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal and Rossiu by Johnny Yong Bosch, and I hate Rossiu.
    Genaller
    Genaller
    Lol I didn’t even know that. That’s an awesome juxtaposition of their roles xD.
    Akkipeddi
    Akkipeddi
    Yeah. Hey, atleast they were on the same side in Persona 4. The protagonist and Yosuke are best buds, and are voiced by Johnny and Yuri respectively.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…