• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

Mizz Nikki
Mizz Nikki
Yeah, it is. I watched it while I was still in high school. I love FMA:B and AoT but Code Geass is one of the first animes I watched so it holds a very special place in my heart.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I see, understandable. My Top 5 favourite anime are:

1) FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2) Attack On Titan
3) Code Geass
4) My Hero Academia
5) Food Wars: Shokugeki No Soma

Death Note is at #6 and just misses my Top 5. :)
Mizz Nikki
Mizz Nikki
I see, nice list. For me, it’s:

1. Code Geass
2. FMA:B
3. Death Note
4. Clannad
5. Attack on Titan
Akkipeddi
Akkipeddi
@Mizz Nikki the first half of Death Note (25 episodes) is hands down a 11/10 for me and easily ties with Code Geass for the top. Unfortunately, the second half isn't as strong, and drops Death Note's overall standing.
Mizz Nikki
Mizz Nikki
Agreed, which is why I placed it below FMA:B. If they just ended it at 25, I would placed it in 2nd.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
@Akkipeddi As great as Death Note is, FMA:B is just simply on another level and I don't really think Death Note even belongs to that magnitude. Code Geass perhaps does belong to the magnitude to FMA:B, but due to the grand cast of characterization I'd put FMA:B higher of course.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Attack On Titan is the only one I'd agree that could possibly surpass FMA:B....I mean the show is doing crazy things to me....still 10 episodes left to finish of it for me anyway.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I'm really in two minds at the moment thinking where I'd place it after completely finishing it, at #1, joint #1 with FMA:B or just below FMA:B.

FMA:B is well beyond the 10/10 mark, so probably is Code Geass, but Death Note is a 9-9.5/10 anime at best.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
@Mizz Nikki Your list is great too, though unfortunately to fully judge it I'd need to watch Clannad (which I haven't yet). :)
Akkipeddi
Akkipeddi
As I said, Death Note falls to 9.5/10 due to its 2nd half. But to me (and majority agree with the sentiment), up to episode 25, Death Note is easily a 11/10. The dynamic between Light and L is amazing, and the constant mind games is a treat. You don't necessarily need a grand cast all the time.
Akkipeddi
Akkipeddi
FMA:B doesn't start getting amazing until season 3 either. If FMA:B has to be judged on its first 2 seasons, it's an 8/10 at best.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
I'm not denying any of the brilliance of Light and L's mind games and the constant tension from it, it's really enthralling, but FMA:B has so many aspects, characters with deep tragic backstories which helps you get deeply invested in them, there's some hilarious comedy, some epic and intense action, wonderful character dynamic and interactions, plenty of moments with deep and heavy emotional weight,
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
grand cast of characters with pretty much all of them having subtle characterization and being really impactful and integral to the plot, which gives the viewers a ton of options to invest themselves in, and lastly, the amazing compactness in storytelling which is clearly evident once the plot strongly kicks in, one impactful and important incident after another, with all of them being deeply integral to the plot,
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
keep happening one after another in such a manner that all of those feel strong relevant and connected to each other: overall giving the show an amazing fast paced vibe and compactness, where it feels like that everything we watch in the show is worthwhile all the time, with fillers being kept to a bare minimum/nothing.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Death Note never really had so many aspects in it: the mental games and intense, with a constant mystery thriller/detective story like vibe with all the murder investigation, the psychological aspect is subtly depicted with the clash of sharp intellect/wits, but there's that.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
But literally never while watching the show I never felt like it had FMA:B/Code Geass's level of brilliance/that many kind of aspects from which it can entertain or enthrall the viewers. It was pretty much always a 9-9.5/10 anime throughout, first half.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
Code Geass does have FMA:B multidimensional and several brilliant aspects where it enthralls and entertains the viewers, it also does have the same kind of compact and tightness in storytelling like FMA:B,
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
especially in the way the plot kicks in the show, but it's doesn't have FMA:B's grand cast of characterization (though Code Geass's cast in also grand in own way, it definitely isn't as diverging cum elaborate like FMA:B). And that is where FMA:B trumps Code Geass for me.
345ash-greninja
345ash-greninja
And I also disagree with that claim you made with FMA:B's first two seasons being 8/10. The only flaw you can find in it is the rushed beginning where Ed and Al's incidents in childhood weren't that elaborately shown like it was in 03, but that's just it.