• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Serebii.net Forums

AznKei
AznKei
E
Epicocity
After taking time to think about this all, I feel like you have less issues with Serena or even Ash, but just an issue of the anime not being what you really wanted it to be.
E
Epicocity
I could understand if they had presented Serena as building up some "badass" arc and then dropped it...but that was never her character. So it feels more like deliberately you wanting to make a Serena that's In Name Only to support a, for lack of better words, fantasy.
E
Epicocity
Likewise, I really don't understand the claim that Ash hogged Serena's spotlight. Outside a few episodes that could have helped, perhaps, the goal arc (which was a result of time crunches over anything Ash did), she had a great many episodes devoted to her that had nothing to do with Ash or his story.
AznKei
AznKei
Well, I kinda expect more back in XY and at the time I haven't done a fan project involving Pokemon anime characters before and it was my anger towards XY issues that led me to do it. So yeah, I might be more biased about XY but once I did the project above I didn't care anymore and watched the show more casually. Just for me to say that I'm done begging/messing around with the anime producers/writers issues.
AznKei
AznKei
And it's also due that I have other interests too, as you might notice my YouTube channel is mainly about Grand Theft Auto and far less about Pokemon, I also got tired with the Pokemon mainstream games after the original Sun&Moon too. So if the show flops I can keep myself busy to something else.