1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by 345ash-greninja

1. View previous comments
  2. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    of 2 episodes out of absolutely nowhere with 2 evolutions shoehorned in one episode, and then 2 back to back new Z-crystals for Lana and Kiawe. And the Grand Trial....the less I talk about it, the better, being a freaking 1 vs 1, where apparently Pikachu's Electric attacks worked apparently cuz Mudsdale was soaked
    Mar 19, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  3. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    in water (LMAO it wasn't actually the move Soak, so why on earth should that happen?).

Hasn't been really any better since, the Meltan 2 partner was underwhelming, especially the Ash capturing Meltan one which had mostly nothing but
    Mar 19, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  4. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Rowlet-Meltan antics. SM113 was an OK-ish filler. The next episode would be where Pheromosa appears...but from previous experiences of many UB episodes I have a strong feeling that it's gonna be a slapstick comedy packed cluster-****.
    Mar 19, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  5. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Overall, it's been really disappointing, the series has basically gone downhill since the LGPE arc....I have mostly lost hope in SM now and waiting for Sword And Shield, hope it can bring a great series just like DP/XY
    Mar 19, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  6. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    and redeem the fallen Pokemon anime.

Currently, I just about keep track of the Pokemon anime every Sunday....that's all, otherwise I DGAF about the Pokemon anime. These days I keep myself engaged watching a ton of other great masterpiece anime...just exploring the anime world more and more, enjoying all those shows which are about 10-100x better than Pokemon xD.
    Mar 19, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  7. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I am mostly active on the Games/Face-Off section in SPPF these days to keep myself entertained here, though I spend comparatively more time in MyAnimeList forums, which a huge anime site as you know. :)
    Mar 19, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  8. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, Zeraora-Guzzlord episodes were good. I also found Necrozma arc to be good, Aether arc is ok(still better than Aqua/Magma arc).Also, i forgot to say fillers is also what killed SM for me.Yeah, M/B return in Kanto > M/B return into Alola.I only watched Alola,Alola stuff because of Misty and Brock only xd.
    Mar 20, 2019
    345ash-greninja likes this.
  9. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, Poni arc was the worst. Agree with Pikachu and Golurk the most, he could only Iron Tail his way around and he was beaten IIRC, but Ash easily has destroyed Mudsdale. LMAO. Is Mudsdale her ace or Golurk.XD.I think I watched AMV of wolves, yeah Dusk one had a cheap loss.
    Mar 20, 2019
  10. CMButch
    CMButch
    Either that of Gladion is that OP, Midnight Wolf and Silvally presented as OP Pokemon. Umbreon: IDK. Imagine Gladion havinglike one UB and Dragonite and Garchomp and he beats Ash in the league XD.I think Ash catching Meltan is cute(because Meltan is cute).
    Mar 20, 2019
  11. CMButch
    CMButch
    But, I think Ash will release Meltan. I also don't see Ash having Melmetal. Same thing happened to Greninja, sadly. Writers: OH ASH HAS STRONG POKEMON WHAT WE DO? GUY: OAK IT, GUY 2: RELEASE IT. WRITER: WELL DONE GUY 2.
    Mar 20, 2019
  12. CMButch
    CMButch
    Since I don't want Ash releasing Pokemon, why not let him have Meltan and Oak it,wile 19 other Meltan fuse together. But, I can see,since SM is comedy, like 19 Meltan fusing, but Ash's forgetting because he's too occupied with Rowlet or doesn't wanna fuse because of Rowlet.
    Mar 20, 2019
  13. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, same with me I am now watching for SHSW anime and will probably watch Guzma episode for the league and Guzma.I see, well I know a several anime and watched a few, BTW did you see OPM S2 trailer?
    Mar 20, 2019
  14. CMButch
    CMButch
    These are anime I watched: Digimon( like long time ago), Yugioh( I did re-watch when Yugi and Jaden were MCs),Pokemon, DB(DBS,DBZ), Naruto( that was my jam back like 7-8 years ago, but I did re-watch some Shippuden episodes) and OPM. That's it. I mean I am not really into anime.( I probably watched more kids anime back in the day like Beyblade, DInosaur etc.
    Mar 20, 2019
  15. CMButch
    CMButch
    But, I do know lots of them like Hunter x Hunter, MHA( I actually watched MHA several episodes in the end of S1, it was OK), Death Note, Code Geass, FMA, Attack on Titan, SAO. But, I never come around to watch them, if I would I'd probably watch DN and AoT, since I am not familiar with others except the names and pictures xd
    Mar 20, 2019
  16. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yup I also thought that the Necrozma arc was actually pretty good, it had some superlative animation, good teamwork and group dynamics, it was pretty fulfilling for the important Pokemon that were involved and integral to it as well (apart from Poipole who contributed nothing of course).
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  17. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    But well, I never really imagined that things would go this much downhill....basically yeah, the Zeraora-Guzzlord two-parter was the lone bright spot in what has been extremely underwhelming post-Necrozma arc.
    Mar 20, 2019
  18. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Agreed, Brock-Misty eps were way better in Kanto beyond doubt, alongside good characters interactions they had two quality battles, while this time in Alola the eps only had good character interactions, the action parts were just a joke: too much Trio involvement, that skirmish with Trio in SM102
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  19. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    was ridiculous with Gyarados' pointlessly shoehorned ME, and Brock-Olivia battle in SM103 were interrupted by Trio as well.

Poni Island arc was easily one of the most messed up arcs I've ever seen in the show, agreed. As I said Ash's two losses were terribly done with a stupid desicion
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  20. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    to battle Golurk with Pikachu; honestly the Gladion battle was just...portraying Gladion as way too OP which did feel like bit of a cop-out, honestly Silvally was already portrayed as OP before but wasn't really the same case with Midnight Lycanroc...but somehow it was able to effortlessly tank every one of Dusk's moves (including freaking Splintered Stormshards)
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  21. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    and defeat it easily with one Devastating Drake....I mean, at this late into the series, shouldn't Ash and Gladion be more close in terms of being competitive? Ash's seemingly Alolan Ace went down just like a chump...it's hard to see Ash beating Gladion at the League, unless Pikachu can pull something really special. Not sure what Gladion's remaining would be, but with two OP mons like
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  22. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Silvally and Midnight Lycanroc Gladion already isa really tough hurdle for Ash to cross.

The Grand Trial was bullcrap...how the heck such an important it can be a 1 vs 1? Why not give Torracat finally a chance to shine in official battles finally by making it at the very least a 2 vs 2? It just defies logic, just like the BS of Electric attacks working on Mudsdale
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  23. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    because apparently it was soaked it water, in the battle itself.

I am honestly in doubts about Meltan, it might or might not get the Poipole treatment...while the usual tradition whenever a Legendary like Pokemon follows Ash/Ash catches a Legendary like Pokemon is like: it hardly participates in a battle for Ash and then leaves Ash/get released, a.k.a. Meloetta/Poipole;
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  24. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    however, the fact that Ash got Steelium-Z from Hapu makes me wonder that whether Meltan indeed used for battles by Ash, since Steelium-Z fits perfectly with Meltan. But then again, Pikachu is also another good candidate for Steelium-Z being used with,
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  25. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    so I can't really be sure.

I'm honestly not expecting much from the League TBH, when in comes to battles, SM always has been very underwhelming in quality, plus Ash doesn't even have a full team of 6 in the first place, which makes me wonder whether there will even be full battles in the League.
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  26. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    But whatever, I've pretty much given up of SM at this point like I said, just like you, and waiting for Sword amd Shield to bring something great which revives the Pokemon anime....I just hope that they go back to the DP/XY formula cuz that works best with the Pokemon anime.
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  27. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    When it comes to anime, the highest recommendations I'd give you are FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Attack On Titan, Code Geass and My Hero Academia, these 4 are my most favourite anime, they are just epic. I have been watching a ton of anime over the last 7 months, which are my main priority now, some of those are:
    Mar 20, 2019
  28. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    1)FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    2)My Hero Academia
    3)Food Wars: Shokugeki No Soma
    4)One Punch Man
    5)FullMetal Alchemist 2003
    6)Steins;Gate
    7)Code Geass
    8)Death Note
    9)Attack On Titan
    10)Cowboy Bebop
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  29. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Currently I'm watching both Sailor Moon and Hunter x Hunter 2011 and alternating between them. And yeah I've seen OPM S2 trailer and it looks very promising, hope S2 sets the bar even higher than S1. :) OPM is a great show, a subtle blend of action and comedy, and a perfect parodying of generic shounen anime.
    Mar 20, 2019
  30. CMButch
    CMButch
    TBH, I wanted Torracat to evolve in battlw with Hapu since, it's the only one who can't use Z move, so someone can give Ash Incinium Z.I wish Hapu vs Ash rematch was 3 on 3..As of Meltna in the league. I noticed Meltan doesn't really like battling, he likes cuddling with Rowlet.
    Mar 20, 2019
  31. CMButch
    CMButch
    But when Rowlet is in danger , he gets mad. So based on this, only way I can see Meltan participate is if it's double battle Meltan and Rowlet vs someone,I also, doubt when it comes to league since Z moves can be done once per challenge..
    Mar 20, 2019
  32. CMButch
    CMButch
    I doubt Ash would waste Z chance on Meltan. Lycan, Pikachu and Incine(potential) have higher priority.But, I kinda remember your statement , like 1-2 years ago that you you thought Ash won't have full team in SM,so if Poipole doesn't return, you're right xd
    Mar 20, 2019
  33. CMButch
    CMButch
    I don't think Poipole would return because IDK, how Ash would locate it... and I hope Ash uses reserves.About league, I think you will be right: no full battles. I think league won't be as important as "main" leagues, I think it will fall into category of Orange league just with more competitors instead of 1 on 1.
    Mar 20, 2019
  34. CMButch
    CMButch
    I'd say that only one battle would be 6 on 6( finale) while rest of it would be 1 on 1, double battle and 3 on 3. I'd even say that total competitors would be 16 or even 32.Unless, Kukui says that everyone can compete so maybe we will see girls and Sophocles in it xd.
    Mar 20, 2019
  35. CMButch
    CMButch
    I know all of those anime except Food Wars and Steins;Gate. I only watched OPM, and several episodes of MHA(because it kinda reminded me of DC and Marvel, which I am big fan of). Oh I also watched SM long time ago. XD
    Mar 20, 2019
  36. CMButch
    CMButch
    I've seen so many people claim S2 animation is much much worse than S1. I agree that it's worse but not that worse that many people are saying. Compared to DBS, S2 animation is much better. But, it's still watchable.I'd wait to see episodes and the story and action, if that sucks, then OPM S2 sucks.
    Mar 20, 2019
  37. CMButch
    CMButch
    I think those people who say that S2 OPM sucks because of animation only need to check their brains.This is same for example; new games that have "weak" graphics are worse than CoD BO 4, despite those new games having blast story, action compared to new CoD BO 4.
    Mar 20, 2019
  38. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Alongside that Torracat didn't get to participate in a single official battle in Ash's journey in Alola prior to the League, apart from that Totem battle with Lurantis...basically it participated in no Grand Trials, which was just terrible on the part of the writers, especially for a Pokemon that Ash caught only 21 eps into the series. Hmm, not sure if Torracat still has a chance of evolving since it has a rivalry
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  39. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    with Kukui's Incineroar, but it happening as late as in the League is a possibility....I kinda hope for that cuz Ash's Alolan Team looks pretty weak at this point, maybe adding an Incineroar would make it decent.

Hmm....honestly Ash getting Steelium-Z is the only reason I get a feeling that Meltan might as well battle in the League, cuz Steelium-Z fits it.....but maybe Steelium-Z is for Pikachu and not Meltan.
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  40. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I just hope that Meltan does contribute in Ash's team (before Ash presumably releases it) unlike Poipole, who contributed jack didly squat prior to leaving. But yeah, Ash's Z-move priorities obviously are gonna be his other Pokemon than Meltan.

Lol I ever really expected my statement to come true this way xD....
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  41. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    the capture rate has been terrible in SM as far as Ash is concerned, they just wasted 23 pointless episodes with Poipole, who contributed squat in Ash's team before getting released by having him capture it, it wasted a slot on Ash's team for quite time, which is the main reason for this mess in the capture rate in this saga. Given that Poipole is in his own world, which is in the Ultra Space,
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  42. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I do wonder how Ash can call it back unless he tells Lusamine to open an Ultra Hole, which would feel rather forced. Plus Poipole basically left as a stronger Magikarp with zero battle experience, what can it even contribute in battles xD?

Well, unless Ash's uses reserves, it's pretty much obvious that there won't be any 6 vs 6 battles lol, guess it'd only 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 battles then.
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  43. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I really hope that the Pokegirls and Sophocles don't participate in the League, that's the last thing I'd want cuz that would turn the League into a laughable joke lol.

Well I think you can try exploring more anime, cuz there are several amazing masterpieces in the anime world which are definitely worth time checking out. ;) FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the best anime I've watched TBH,
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  44. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    that show is just an amazing/unparalleled masterpiece which I'd really wanna recommend you to watch....it's highly acclaimed and praised by the anime fandom as arguably the greatest anime to be ever made as well. Never did another show made me so deeply feel and care about the characters and with such compact storytelling and a grand cast. It's a 64 ep long series. :)
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  45. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    MHA is an amazing show for sure, and it especially gets more and more amazing in S2 and S3....and I'm impatiently waiting for S4 now lol. If you haven't seen S2 and S3 fully I'll highly recommend it too. :)

Hmm, does the quality of animation really go down in S2? Honestly didn't feel anything like from the trailer TBH...but I agree, if the story, pacing and action is entertaining enough,
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  46. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I couldn't care less about animation. Like say Death Note has crappy art and animation, but it's widely considered a masterpiece because of the characters and story.
    Mar 20, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  47. CMButch
    CMButch
    Agreed. It's even sadder that Ash has only like 5 Pokemon and Torracat didn't participate once. LMAO. Even Palpitoad participated like once and Ash had like 10 Pokemon in BW XD.Yeah, I think Steelium Z is for both of them.Yeah, Poipole didn't stuff, he was just being cute like Larvitar.
    Mar 20, 2019
  48. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, some people say he could evolve when he comes back,I'd like to see Naganadel in the league.But yeah, catch rate is bad in SM, not just Ash and other cast.Given that there are 7 MC humans. Catch rate is like around 10. Lmao, even XY catch rate for cast( 3 humans was little bit higher than 3).
    Mar 20, 2019
  49. CMButch
    CMButch
    I agree, imagine Sophocles beating Ash in the league, I'd laugh until I die. xD. I see, I'd probably watch FMA, since it's praised, but my first priority are movies from 2000's and 90's. I am big movie-goer and big action guy( that's why I like OPM, Naruto), so when I finish all those movies( except some genres that I don't like)
    Mar 20, 2019
  50. CMButch
    CMButch
    Like drama, romance,musicals - I will probably watch FMA and DN because they're very well received mature shows.Maybe even AoT too. Cowboy anime is old anime, right? Like from 90's/80's? I think I didn't watch S2... S3 definitely no. I will check it out, oh I just remembered checking out Mob Psycho because it reminded me of OPM. XD
    Mar 20, 2019
  51. CMButch
    CMButch
    Yeah, same. Despite animation is not as good in S1, I'd still watch OPM S2 because of awesome fights, I mean I could watch DBS animation and even some Naruto, I'd watch OPM S2.
    Mar 20, 2019