1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by 345ash-greninja

1. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    I'm ok, and I've mostly just stopped watching after a long time. It got too boring after a while and a bit underwhelming, and I got more busy with life. so...maybe I'll pick it up again?
    Mar 23, 2019
    345ash-greninja likes this.
  2. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I meanwhile have been still watching it, though honestly these days I just about myself updated on it every Sunday. The Poni Island arc basically has just taken away all hopes that I had about SM. :(
    Mar 23, 2019
    blizzardblaze likes this.
  3. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Honestly quite underwhelming, never hoped that the writers would have Ash vanquished by Gladion cheaply this late in the saga and the final grand trial to be a freaking 1 vs 1, that to with only Pikachu participating. Torracat never really got participate in an official battle for Ash apart from the Totem Lurantis battle. That's honestly such bad writing from the writers part.
    Mar 23, 2019
  4. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I saw the Ash catching Meltan episode (the episode itself was a pretty boring one with a lot of Rowlet-Meltan antics in it) but I'm honestly not too optimistic about it. Knowing the writers, who knows if Meltan won't get the Poipole treatment?
    Mar 23, 2019
  5. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    it shows how lazy they got for the battles. I know this is like a slice of life, but olivia's grand trial was WAY BETTER than what we got for hapu. the last gym battle or trial in this case is usually really intense. one of the best examples is volkner or wulfric - animation wise and battle wise, they were some of the best imo
    Mar 23, 2019
  6. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Exactly, the battle quality has basically gone dowhill this saga, and honestly, SOL isn't a good enough excuse for it....I mean even other shows such as Dragon Ball super have at least comparatively way better quality fights/action scenes.
    Mar 23, 2019
  7. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    The better animation honestly has been just wasted with all these cheap Z-move finish battles , they honestly can't even just write a proper 1 vs 1 fight at this point and had to induce some cheap BS of Electric attacks working of a Ground type cuz it was soaked.
    Mar 23, 2019
  8. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    At this point honestly I don't even know what quality of battles to even expect from the League TBH, won't really really be surprised if the League battle are a real step backwards in quality as well compared to previous League battles.
    Mar 23, 2019
  9. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    And of course, like you said, DP and especially XY battles are basically a mile ahead of the rest in terns of quality and obviously that's why those two sagas had some of the best battles in the history of Pokemon anime to offer. But....oh well, those days are history now in this underwhelming era of SM. :(
    Mar 23, 2019
  10. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    best case scenario, we get to see some great battles that we can call the league good.
    worst case scenario: we get episodes like axew getting lost or it's mostly just filler
    Mar 23, 2019
  11. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Honestly, if the writers manage to write some battles with some proper and clever/intelligent battle strategy implemented, along with some well-spanned out move chaining and move interactions, like how the DP/XY battles used to be, then yup, we might get some great quality battles, but the chances of that happening is honestly quite less
    Mar 23, 2019
  12. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    considering the drop in quality in SM battles we've noticed until now. They really no need to exclude the cliché and repeatitive cheap Z-move finish after just a few move clashes which makes
    Mar 23, 2019
  13. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    the battle look like a cop-out; they basically just need to increase to span-out the move chaining and clashes in a more creative and imaginative manner like how it used to happen back in the DP/XY days. :) But, oh well given how they just focus more on the slapstick
    Mar 23, 2019
  14. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    and cringeworthy comedy these days I doubt that the writers would even bother going through all these trouble in order to make quality battles in SM. :) I'm hoping for an exception case like how it was in the Zeraora/Guzzlord 2 parter, those 2 episodes really had quality during the action scenes. :)
    Mar 23, 2019
  15. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    I WOULD LOVE IT IF THE Z MOVES were still shown to be powerful, on par with mega evolution, as we've seen how mega evolution helps give a pokemon an edge over non mega evolved ones in the anime, but it doesn't knock out the opponent. like chaining moves or combining them with the z move
    Mar 24, 2019
  16. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I obviously have no qualms with Z-moves being shown really powerful and on par with Mega Evolution, but the issue honestly here is that the writers aren't really showing any creative use of Z-moves, like what you said intermingling them with some
    Mar 24, 2019
  17. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    spanned out move chaining and clashes, or the creative use of them as combo moves (suppose Pikachu uses the Z-energy from it's Gigavolt Havoc or something like that to create a super charged Thunderbolt or Electroweb; something like that would be nice innovative change, but instead they basically are
    Mar 24, 2019
  18. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    just focused on showing cheap early Z-move finishes without showing much move interactions or anything like that; it basically just does nothing but makes the battle look like a cop-out. :)
    Mar 24, 2019
  19. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    its the one reason why olivia's battle was pretty good, and nanu's because the z-moves were used, but after that, IT DIDN'T AUTOMATICALLY END. instead, they fought a while longer after that. I would have found it more impactful if lycanroc faced that krookodile last in nanu's though and finally beat it after some difficulty. also would be a good callback if ash brought his to help train lycanroc
    Mar 24, 2019
  20. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Olivia's battle was quite good but do you really believe that Nanu's battle was? Umm, the move chaining was decent and spanned out for sure, but the way they portrayed Ash
    Mar 24, 2019
  21. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    in that fight was pretty disgusting to me, as a seasoned trainer, he was responding to Nanu's insults and letting all the trash-talking get the better of him, losing his cool in the process: that's the least we can expect from a seasoned veteran trainer like him...
    Mar 24, 2019
  22. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    well not really..
    ash was for some reason not trusting lycanroc to keep it's self control like he did with infernape, not sure what the writers were thinking. but well...it's because of that he was letting nanu get to him.
    Mar 24, 2019
  23. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    But @blizzardblaze isn't that very un-Ash like TBH? He is always known for trusting his Pokemon a lot of these issues, which is a valiant aspect of his character as a whole as we all know. But somehow there wasn't doing that....
    Mar 24, 2019
  24. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    yeah...that doesn't really make sense. but this is SM, they're probably going to try and make him do that to make him seem more expressive, which he is...maybe a little TOO much though. just to make him fit the situations they want.
    Mar 24, 2019
  25. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    I personally think that it would have been more endearing if ash loses 2 pokemon like torracat and rowlet to nanu's, say sableye, but both put up a very good fight, it's just that sableye's durability(if it had mega evolution) and tactics caught them off guard. and it's up to lycanroc since nanu doesn't want pikachu to fight him. he wants to see how lycanroc and ash have gotten stronger together.
    Mar 24, 2019
  26. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    That's actually the problem TBH if you look at it, being expressive doesn't mean that he won't stay true to his ideals amd character traits, for which we have known Ash throughout the course of the show, like say putting an enormous amount of trust and belief in his Pokemon in every scenario...but the Nanu battle really contradicted that.
    Mar 24, 2019
  27. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    I think they just made the battle an 1 vs 3 because they really wanted to portray it as a tough challenge for Lycanroc and establish him as the ace.
    Mar 24, 2019
  28. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    yeah, but rowlet and torracat as you've said have barely done anything
    Mar 24, 2019
  29. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    Yeah, that's true of course. They should've been given the chance to shine in the Hapu Grand Trial IMO instead of that ridiculous 1 vs 1, what do you think? ;)
    Mar 24, 2019
  30. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    yeah, but Pikachu also had some major incentive, especially against that golurk! PRB12 fans in the comment section came up with a CRAZY STRATEGY THOUGH that just MIGHT HAVE WORKED with a big electroweb across the ocean. but...hmm...well let's see. pikachu could have used golurk's own moves against it. really disappointing.
    Mar 24, 2019
  31. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    also, I could have seen hapu using maybe...a ground type that we don't see often. a diggersby or seismictoad would have been nice.
    Mar 24, 2019
  32. 345ash-greninja
    345ash-greninja
    But he didn't battle that Golurk lol so....

BTW do you mind voting for Gible in the Anime Character Face-Off? ;)
    Mar 24, 2019
  33. blizzardblaze
    blizzardblaze
    but pikachu did battle golurk after hapu accused them of stealing or something, I don't remember.
    I don't mind.
    Mar 24, 2019